Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

And planes and stadiums and New Zealand. Because Ian and I enjoy photography and sharing the results with each other.

That's not spam. That's a conversation and a mutual interest.

the conversation part is key

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol yes! i felt bad for the guy.

Me too. I learned all about brain damage and memory in psychology. Very interesting stuff.

Axver said:

Almost. I've probably missed a total of about 500 posts from various parts I haven't bothered to catch up on, mainly when Dalton was ruining the place or you lot were going on about baseball.

i like dalton!

where has he been, anyway? i haven't seen him in ages

I'm adding in a not-so-subtle jab at Universal removing the U2 lyrics and tab archives from interference into the Desert Island cartoon. Replace "U2" with "Westlife" and "Universal Publishing" with "Sony BMG" and you've got the idea. :wink:

Axver said:
That's a conversation and a mutual interest.

Okay, fine, so when I'm alone in a superthread, or when someone is taking forever (more than ten minutes) to respond to each post, I have conversations with myself about things which interest me. I mean, I do quote myself and everything.

Varitek said:

i like dalton!

where has he been, anyway? i haven't seen him in ages

Dalton's a condescending, rude arsehole and I'm glad he's disappeared. People bash Gabe, but Dalton's the true threadwrecker.

Axver said:

Dalton's a condescending, rude arsehole and I'm glad he's disappeared. People bash Gabe, but Dalton's the true threadwrecker.

axver, you're condescending too. and dalton's funny. you guys just don't get along.

Varitek said:

the conversation part is key

Quoted for truth.

The place is the postwhorehouse because we talk a shitload to each other and look like postwhores, not because we make spam posts with no substance a la Carek.

Axver said:

Almost. I've probably missed a total of about 500 posts from various parts I haven't bothered to catch up on, mainly when Dalton was ruining the place or you lot were going on about baseball.

So, if you can block out that sort of stuff that you don't care to read, why can't you block out the boredom-induced spam?

the tourist said:
Me too. I learned all about brain damage and memory in psychology. Very interesting stuff.
:yes: i took psychology in high school and college, and i found it fascinating. well, i did in high school, anyway. i hated my college professor, hated him enough to change my major (i had been a psych major). but i'd found it all so interesting, learning about various disorders and what causes people to function "abnormally" (i use the term loosely because to be honest, i don't think anyone's 100% normal when you think about it). plus my high school teacher was awesome. i made great grades in the class but i tanked on the ap test. i made a 107 in the class but only got a 2/5 on the test, just low enough to receive no college credit. :lol:

plus, we got to watch (a heavily edited version) the shining :love:

Varitek said:

axver, you're condescending too. and dalton's funny. you guys just don't get along.

Frankly, I have found Dalton to be personally insulting, and to go out of his way to offend me.

He needs to stop being stuck so far up his own arse.

tourist, i don't care about somoene who wasn't there reading it who can skip over it, but i do think it kills potential conversation when you persist in spamming when others show up in the thread

the tourist said:

So, if you can block out that sort of stuff that you don't care to read, why can't you block out the boredom-induced spam?

He can, but he doesn't want to. Who would honestly prefer spam over genuinely compelling conversation?

Oh wait, we're in OOC...

the tourist said:

Okay, fine, so when I'm alone in a superthread, or when someone is taking forever (more than ten minutes) to respond to each post, I have conversations with myself about things which interest me. I mean, I do quote myself and everything.

I'm cool with that. It's the pages upon pages of posts of a single smiley that shit me. It contributes nothing.

Axver said:

Frankly, I have found Dalton to be personally insulting, and to go out of his way to offend me.

He needs to stop being stuck so far up his own arse.

like i said, you guys don't like each other. i like both of you and at times get annoyed with both of you

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: i took psychology in high school and college, and i found it fascinating. well, i did in high school, anyway. i hated my college professor, hated him enough to change my major (i had been a psych major). but i'd found it all so interesting, learning about various disorders and what causes people to function "abnormally" (i use the term loosely because to be honest, i don't think anyone's 100% normal when you think about it). plus my high school teacher was awesome. i made great grades in the class but i tanked on the ap test. i made a 107 in the class but only got a 2/5 on the test, just low enough to receive no college credit. :lol:

plus, we got to watch (a heavily edited version) the shining :love:

Wow! The Shining in class? Even though heavily edited, I would've loved to see that in school. Or slept through it. :lol:

Varitek said:
tourist, i don't care about somoene who wasn't there reading it who can skip over it, but i do think it kills potential conversation when you persist in spamming when others show up in the thread

Yeah, and the express intention to pass 300 posts too. I've passed 300 myself, but I've never TRIED, and I don't like it when I do.

By the way, Vazza, you're starting the Sugar Tit thread, right?

Axver said:

I'm cool with that. It's the pages upon pages of posts of a single smiley that shit me. It contributes nothing.

I believe I've only done the smiley thing a couple times--but so what? That makes your reading-to-catch-up time just that much less.

Varitek said:

like i said, you guys don't like each other. i like both of you and at times get annoyed with both of you

I don't appreciate that he even went to my journal to find material to mock me. That's juvenile. He's a dickhead who contributes nothing and his presence is not missed.

KhanadaRhodes said:
for the record, i like dalton. i thought he was a bit of jerk at first, but then i got to know him. now i think he's pretty cool :up: i wish he'd post more.

I agree. And he's a Tiger fan. I am a Tiger fan. We had a moment.

the tourist said:
Wow! The Shining in class? Even though heavily edited, I would've loved to see that in school. Or slept through it. :lol:
lol, yeah, our teacher had the film teacher (who, though this has nothing to do with anything, i found out passed away a few months ago, and he wasn't even that old) edit the gory stuff out and the bathtub scene. god forbid we'd see pools of blood or boobies :giggle:

Dalton didn't even fucking fit in here. It's interesting to note only the Americans like him.

Axver said:

Yeah, and the express intention to pass 300 posts too. I've passed 300 myself, but I've never TRIED, and I don't like it when I do.

By the way, Vazza, you're starting the Sugar Tit thread, right?

if i'm starting a thread it's gonna be shittlehope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom