Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Few weeks ago. My point exactly. You fail at prog.

Prog is meant to progress. It's 22nd century.

I shall sometime. At the moment, I already have another source of procrastination.

Psh. 16:45 version of 40? Now there's some bass to outdo anything The Cure's done.

You haven't got Carnage Visors then. A 28 minute bass solo.

liamcool said:

So did not.

You don't even listen to Rush or Camel or Yes or Genesis or Van Der Graaf or The Cure.

Oh, we're just jumping from tangent to tangent. Holy Hour is The Cure, Mystic Queen is Camel, A Means To An End is Joy Division, Something For Nothing is Rush.

Pulled To Bits. :drool:

camel, rush i don't have, i'd be curious to hear them

the tourist said:

Exactly.

Side note, we've fucking owned this thread.

And this has been our quickest thread in ages, I think. We're closing in on a new thread. Some of the locations we've been bouncing around:

- Lake Minnewanka, Alberta
- Geebung, Queensland
- Whorehouse Meadow ... somewhere in the US, I forget where
- Tutaekuri ("dog shit") River, New Zealand, if Khan's around to revive that thread from when I made it earlier and it conflicted with Jamaica Plain

Axver said:

And this has been our quickest thread in ages, I think. We're closing in on a new thread. Some of the locations we've been bouncing around:

- Lake Minnewanka, Alberta
- Geebung, Queensland
- Whorehouse Meadow ... somewhere in the US, I forget where
- Turakirae ("dog shit") River, New Zealand, if Khan's around to revive that thread from when I made it earlier and it conflicted with Jamaica Plain

i haven't started a thread in ages, i wanna do it

liamcool said:

In a way, post-punk was kinda proggy, it took music in a new melodic direction while maintaining intensity.

You keep trying to justify this any way you want! :lol:

Varitek said:

i haven't started a thread in ages, i wanna do it

Where would you like to go? Any ideas, or do you like the ones we've got floating around?

liamcool said:

If you're going to go searching, try to find Camel and Permanent Waves.

Rush is a band better taken in small doses. I don't think they've ever really made a good album, but they've done good songs.

Axver said:

Rush is a band better taken in small doses. I don't think they've ever really made a good album, but they've done good songs.

Permanent Waves is their best though: it has both shorter "poppier" songs and long intense prog songs.

Axver said:

One keyboardist is bad enough.

I will never understand how you can like prog and hate keyboardists.

cinnaminson said:

so you are still here :wink:
luckily I've had ebay and other things to distract me from setlists and endless discussions about what's prog and what's not :|

I guess it's like the un initiated stumbling into Pleba :wink:

way things are going i will be stumbling back into pleba or god forbid, ill have to do some work.

liamcool said:

Permanent Waves is their best though: it has both shorter "poppier" songs and long intense prog songs.

I never got into Permanent Waves. Moving Pictures is better.

I will never understand how you can like prog and hate keyboardists.

I don't hate keyboardists. Keyboards are just misused too much, and guitar is always going to sound better.

mysterious_jen said:

way things are going i will be stumbling back into pleba or god forbid, ill have to do some work.

Shall we start talking about Liam being a paedophile again?

Varitek said:

could you upload me an "axver's best of"?

I'd need to make one first! :lol:

I haven't listened to Rush in a good while, to tell you the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom