HTDAAB is the REAL U2's third masterpiece !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
namkcuR said:

ATYCLB >>> HTDAAB
in your opinion yes, on the other side of the coin, i think HTDAAB sounds quite different,

but your just gonna disagree and throw the same points at me that you have made 100's of times, just to try and convince me am wrong

i go with facts and atyclb came first and htdaab sounds like it just a different track order! both albums suck and thats a cold hard fact!
take elevation/vertigo! i rest my case lol!

shaun vox said:
i go with facts and atyclb came first and htdaab sounds like it just a different track order! both albums suck and thats a cold hard fact!

I go with facts and fact is, you're wrong.

shaun vox said:
yes because slash never sounds the same does he? oh no wait yes he does FACT!!11 :wink:

xaviMF22 said:
everyone please write "imo" after your post so that KUEFC09U2 can stop bitchin

IMO

It has more to do with the attitude than what is actually being said.

For me though, I'm simply blown away with the complexity of rebutal. "ATYCLB>>>HTDAAB"

Truely poetic.

wow i thought the lyrics sucked on atyclb and htdaab!!!

if this album was to get back to songwriting it miserably failed because it has nothing else going on for it!!

another reason why this album sucks!!

Shaun, did you think anything at all on ATYCLB and HTDAAB did NOT suck?

Remember, for some people around here U2 should have retired after Pop. :|

btw, their two only masterpieces IMO are Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

Meghan said:
Why do you keep coming here if all you're gonna do is fuckarse your way around dissing the past two albums? (to shaun vox)

I'd like to know the answer to that too.

simply because he is quite an attention seeker, who is insecure with the fact that he like that ponce called slash

I don't consider anything past 'Zooropa' to be of 'Masterpiece' material but ATYCLB comes very close!

HTDAAB, in my opinion, is very much 'flavour of the month', a majority of people loved ATYCLB back in 2000, then suddenly turned on it when HTDAAB came out...when the next record comes out we'll all be tumbling and leaping over THAT and saying what a misleading disappointment 'The Bomb' was...I wanted my 'ROCK' album, instead we get an overall, rather forgettable follow up to what was a great album. Not what I expect after four years!

blahblahblah said:
I don't consider anything past 'Zooropa' to be of 'Masterpiece' material but ATYCLB comes very close!

HTDAAB, in my opinion, is very much 'flavour of the month', a majority of people loved ATYCLB back in 2000, then suddenly turned on it when HTDAAB came out...when the next record comes out we'll all be tumbling and leaping over THAT and saying what a misleading disappointment 'The Bomb' was...I wanted my 'ROCK' album, instead we get an overall, rather forgettable follow up to what was a great album. Not what I expect after four years!
stop putting things into peoples head, i know i will equally love the album when the next one comes out, just as a equally love ATYCLB now,

fine you dont like it or whatever, or you think its just flavour of the month, but not everyone does? get it?

HTDAAB is a solid album, IMHO, ALOT btter than ATYCLB.

The third Masterpiece....HTDAAB

I think people are misinterpreting the Band's current actions as "commercial" and "selling out" which are both rediculous accusations of the Band at this point.

Writing great pop tunes is not selling out...it's what the Beatles, the stones, Nirvana, Coldplay, etc etc does/did. It's just rock and roll, but i like it, like it, yes i do!!!!!!!!

They wanted an album with some great 45s, really great songwriting, and I think they got what they wanted, and though i loved ALL their past work, I was ready for a straight ahead rock album like this!!!!

Their work has steadily gone downhill since the 90's IMO.

AB>>Zooropa>>ATYCLB>>POP>>HTDAAB

The Bomb is full of great hit-type songs, but it doesn't have much that holds interest for a long time. The best song from the HTDAAB era wasn't even released on the album *slaps forehead*

shart1780 said:
Their work has steadily gone downhill since the 90's IMO.

AB>>Zooropa>>ATYCLB>>POP>>HTDAAB

The Bomb is full of great hit-type songs, but it doesn't have much that holds interest for a long time. The best song from the HTDAAB era wasn't even released on the album *slaps forehead*

Why are people, who don't like HTDAAB, so interested in Mercy?

People who don't like this album typically acuse HTDAAB as being U2 on auto-pilot. But if you follow that logic, surely so is Mercy, i.e. it's just sooooo U2, both lyrically and musically.

Is Mercy more acceptable just because it has slightly cooler guitar?

roy said:

People who don't like this album typically acuse HTDAAB as being U2 on auto-pilot. But if you follow that logic, surely so is Mercy, i.e. it's just sooooo U2, both lyrically and musically.

Is Mercy more acceptable just because it has slightly cooler guitar?

Mercy seems more daring to me. You can tell they didn't write this song just to put it on the radio. It's long, almost prog-like, great vocals, great lyrics, great guitar... it's really unique. It kinda reminds me of a mix between AB and Zooropa. It's not as safe as the other songs. Same with Fast Cars.

shart1780 said:

It's really unique. It kinda reminds me of a mix between AB and Zooropa.

I'm sorry, but you prove my point about it not being original. It's very typical U2...

roy said:

I'm not. I just haven't worked up the balls to say so in here, seeing as it certainly seems to be the flavour of the.... year?

It's a good song, nice and all, but certainly doesn't capture the imagination in any way. Not remotely close to greatness. Very dry. Great b-side though.

Now I'm sure to get shot.

HTDAAB is not their third masterpiece because U2 only have one masterpiece : the Joshua Tree.

Every time that U2 release an album or is on tour, JT rises in the charts.
JT is always ranked high on the poll for best all-time album, not AB.

U2 made three bestsellers : JT, AB and ATYCLB but only one classic album : JT.

War needs Red Rocks and Bono with a white flag.
AB needs ZooTv Tour and the mirrorball man.
ATYCLB needs Slane 2001 and the third leg post 9/11.
JT needs nothing, it is a masterpiece in itself.

How many of you would have loved War without the Red Rocks concert, how many AB without ZooTv, How many ATYCLB without the leg 3 ? Not all of you.

JT is eternal, out of time, it can't be classified like a 80's album, it has its own sound.

guill said:

JT is always ranked high on the poll for best all-time album, not AB.

AB needs ZooTv Tour and the mirrorball man.

how many AB without ZooTv,

This is absolute rubbish. Achtung Baby is the greatest achievement of their careers. And to say that the album is nothing without Zoo Tv is crap also. Joshua Tree was ranked at number 2 on a channel 4 poll of greatest albums recently and Achtung baby was nowhere. Do you know why? Cos them assholes at Channel 4 didn't shortlist it in the top 125 albums which they chose and so nobody could vote for it.

rjhbonovox said:

Joshua Tree was ranked at number 2 on a channel 4 poll of greatest albums recently and Achtung baby was nowhere. Do you know why? Cos them assholes at Channel 4 didn't shortlist it in the top 125 albums which they chose and so nobody could vote for it.

I presume there was a limit of one album per band/artist...

This is absolute rubbish. Achtung Baby is the greatest achievement of their careers.

For you, not for the rest of the world.

guill said:
This is absolute rubbish. Achtung Baby is the greatest achievement of their careers.

For you, not for the rest of the world.
same with your opinion on HTDAAB, i infact think it is a U2 masterpiece

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom