How did your meet your spouse/significant other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:
He was a bit nervous about dating me, since he was in management...I had to work hard for that first kiss, I tell ya! :wink: I wanted him to, and he said he wanted to but didn't think he should...so I had to do some major convincing. Fortunately, I am VERY persuasive! :D

yeah those band camp stories get us going .....

:lmao:

we had mutual friends in first year university and met in october. march 10, 2000 we ended up in the same bar and got absolutely hammered and did the obligatory bar makeout thing.

we agreed to meet for lunch the following day and, though neither of us thought the other would show, both did and we started dating. we've lived together for 4 years and have never looked back.

5 1/2 years, 2 B.A.'s and 1 completed and 1 half done masters degree later, she will be proposed to in august of this year, assuming everything goes according to plan.

I would like to get my head out of my own arse so I wasn't relatively blind to anyone I could have a potential relationship with:|

Mr. Blu & I worked in a grocery store near our homes. He was smitten with me from the start (no bragging!! :no: He tells everyone that himself!), but he wasn't "beau" material in my eyes... Being 17 & full of piss & vinegar, he was a bit of a rough-neck. :lol: Anyway, we worked together for a year & got to be really good friends, although I turned him down every time he asked me out - which was about once a week!
The irony of our story is that when we did finally have our first date, it's because someone who I'd already agreed to go out with started rumors that we'd had this long, secret relationship already & were just now coming out about it! :mad: I found out about it the morning of our scheduled date, & it pissed me off so much that I called him up, gave him a lame excuse & cancelled on him. Mr. Blu & I both finished work that evening at the same time & since my plans had been changed and I knew we were both hungry, I asked him if he wanted to go get some dinner. He literally JUMPED at the chance! :cute:
Dinner was such a surprise! He was charming, polite, funny, interesting, cute - just the total package and sooo different from the tough guy image that he portrayed to everyone. :giggle: Sixteen & 1/2 years later, we're still enjoying each other's company. :heart:

(And I, too, love this thread!! :love: )

Blu! Thats so sweet!
Its great to find just what you want right under your nose
Tim told me he loved me and wanted to marry me when I still had a boyfriend, and I had never even seen Tim in person yet!
Little did I know I would be accepting his marriage proposal in baggage claim at dulles airport months later :wink:

u2bonogirl said:
Blu! Thats so sweet!
Its great to find just what you want right under your nose
Tim told me he loved me and wanted to marry me when I still had a boyfriend, and I had never even seen Tim in person yet!
Little did I know I would be accepting his marriage proposal in baggage claim at dulles airport months later :wink:
:hug: Thanks.
You know, I've often thought about "what if..."? What if I'd never ask him to go get that pizza? What if I'd just gone home & hidden in my room? What if I'd continued to be such a snob about it & refused to give the guy a chance?

I'd have missed the love of life and I'm positive no one else in the WORLD would worship me the way he does. :love: Even on the days we want to kill each other - and those do happen! - it's only because we still feel so strongly about each other. If we weren't as much in love now as "back when", then we wouldn't really care what the other one did.

And I am sooooo excited for you & Tim!!! :hug: Sounds like you two have certainly found "The One". :heart:

Last edited:
BluRmGrl said:
Mr. Blu & I worked in a grocery store near our homes. He was smitten with me from the start (no bragging!! :no: He tells everyone that himself!), but he wasn't "beau" material in my eyes... Being 17 & full of piss & vinegar, he was a bit of a rough-neck. :lol: Anyway, we worked together for a year & got to be really good friends, although I turned him down every time he asked me out - which was about once a week!

Hard to get girls :drool: :drool: :drool:

daygloeyes2 said:

:lmao:

Hey, I'm officially a senior as of today. But the guys my age are still stuck in middle school. :lmao:

I wish I could stick up for my kind - but I'm still stuck in middle school (at least on here:wink: )

Speaking of middle school - have we ever toasted the guy who invented girls body suits:ohmy:

8th grade was the best...... :drool: :drool:

Dalton said:

I wish I could stick up for my kind - but I'm still stuck in middle school (at least on here:wink: )

Speaking of middle school - have we ever toasted the guy who invented girls body suits:ohmy:

8th grade was the best...... :drool: :drool:

I didn't have those in 8th grade, but from the sound of your reaction it's a good thing for me. :wink:

daygloeyes2 said:

I didn't have those in 8th grade, but from the sound of your reaction it's a good thing for me. :wink:

OMG! bodysuits...those things were gross...

and no I didn't own two:shifty:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom