Houston Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh god, we're not going to have that argument about "ultraviolet' vs "ultraviolet light" again, are we?

Honestly, ever since that long-ago thread, every time I listen to Ultraviolet I find myself puzzling over it. I wish I didn't.

Stupid Interference.

The Little Things That You Give to Ray?
Ray can't have any of my stuff. Keep him away from me.
Ray-Wise-Twin-Peaks.jpg

Yeesh. ASOH and Bad belong in the pre-JT set.

I made a joke in another thread about this being Songs of Obligation, but the setlist is beginning to trend that way.

I made a joke in another thread about this being Songs of Obligation, but the setlist is beginning to trend that way.

Songs of Laziness.

It is pathetic for them to do such a short show. Not asking for Springsteen but it should be at least 2.5 hours. Needs another 5 songs.

14 songs, followed by a break, followed by 2 songs and then another break. Sigh. The breaks are just a way to waste time in my view.

Last edited:
right it's midwest now. i forgot, dammmiiiit

At least you remembered early enough. I only thought about it now. And the show has ended quite some time ago. LOL

But I see that I didn't miss all too much.
Exact same setlist as Rosebowl 2.

Sorry to see that they skipped ASOH again.

Would love to know why they have dropped ASOH. 21 songs is way to short a setlist. At least two more.

No song in this tour so far has excited the crowd as much as I will follow. And what do u2 do, they decide not to play it. :doh::doh:

It was a great show. Thought the crowd reaction might have earned an IWF at the end, but ah well.

Bono was so emotional at the end of One Tree Hill, powerful stuff.

Little Things seemed to get a positive reaction too.

Short setlist aside, they are giving their performances everything, and no-one attending is complaining = us trainspotters will just have to deal.

Youtube user space city shows is in the process of uploading pretty much the whole show. Up to 'Bad' now:

No ASOH at every show is a shame. And they don t have a damn reason for it because it is not even on rotation with another song. It sucks really. By the time I Will see them in London, they will play barely 1 hour...

Last edited:
No ASOH at every show is a shame. And they don t have a damn reason for it because it is not even on rotation with another song. It sucks really. By the time I Will see them in London, they will play barely 1 hour...

London 1 Set list:

01: Vertigo
------------
Encore break
------------
02: Vertigo (Acoustic Bono and Edge only)

I'll let Ax do the precise stats, but from a quick glance at the IE show dates in the US and Europe on U2Gigs:

US IE dates seemed to average closer to 23 - 24 songs... a few exceptions.

Europe IE dates a song or two more.

So, for what it's worth, this show @ 21 songs is about a net 2 song reduction so far in the US or 10% shorter from IE.

And, again very quick reviews and clicks, about the same length as many tours going back to Elevation.

So, perhaps not as dramatic of a shift from a longer historical context?

Last night what seemed odd is only 3 songs before the start of the JT set... in my opinion, 3 songs before Streets is getting close to 'why bother, just start with Streets' territory.

And it's over.

NRG Stadium - Houston, TX - May 24, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
04 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
05 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
06 - With or Without You
07 - Bullet the Blue Sky
08 - Running to Stand Still
09 - Red Hill Mining Town
10 - In God's Country
11 - Trip Through Your Wires
12 - One Tree Hill
13 - Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
14 - Mothers of the Disappeared
---------- Syria Video ----------
15 - Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
16 - Bad / America (snippet)
---------- BREAK ----------
17 - Beautiful Day
18 - Elevation
19 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
20 - One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
21 - The Little Things That Give You Away

NRG Stadium - Houston, TX - May 24, 2017

---------- A Rainy Night in Soho ----------
01 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
02 - New Year's Day
03 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
04 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
05 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
06 - With or Without You
07 - Bullet the Blue Sky
08 - Running to Stand Still
09 - Red Hill Mining Town
10 - In God's Country
11 - Trip Through Your Wires
12 - One Tree Hill
13 - Exit

Watching the show on Periscope, The Edge played some Jimi Hendrix-Voodoo Chile riffs in Exit. I thought that was cool since they used Hendrix's instrumental in Bullet the Blue Sky in the Rattle and Hum movie.

Back
Top Bottom