Hope Bono's put in some practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tizer

War Child
If you listen to a lot of the songs, and think about how they'll translate live, I think Bono is gonna be doing a lot of playing. Edge is everywhere put there's some strong rhythm guitar, both acoustic and electric underpinning the songs.

Last edited:
I think Dallas Schoo will be helping out too from beneath the stage as usual:wink:

yeah..... ive thought about that aswell

i think theres gonna b alot of stuff playd......

duno if hes gonna use the gretsch or if he will go with the gibson es-175s

what do u guys think this record sounds like? a white falcon record or a es-175 record?

I'd be happy to hear him play anything, especially after Dallas saying how much and how well Bono had been playing in the studio. I just wish you could hear him clearer live. Love the Gretsch's sounds though. I played a Korean Electromatic hollow body yesterday and even at £500 it had that sound..

Jacknife Lee has been credited as doing either the keyboards or synthesizers in most songs off the new album. He is now unoficially the fifth member of the band. If his parts are reproduced live, I think he should come out on stage and get credit for it instead of just playing backstage.

Cheers,

J

they dont play stuff backstage, anything like that is just pre-recorded, on tape

i dont like the idea of reproducing technical sounds like that live, they should just play!

No doubt backing tracks will be used to enhance the live sound. Certainly with the synth parts but the Guitars are where it's at.

Crumbs is defiinitely a song that will glue Bono to the stage with his guitar in hand. A good candidate for the closing number.

I can see him doing Sometimes... as an acoustic solo. With or without Edge's help.

Let's get one thing straight:

Apart from the TOTP performance recently, U2 has never used guitar backing tracks live. Never. They also haven't had Dallas play stuff behind the stage on guitar. If you think they have, tell me on what and when.

Now for the synth stuff, they've been using sequencers since 1985. For those who don't know what those are, they're electronic equiptment that play back predetermined parts on a synthesizer. Recent examples of this would be the keyboards/drum loop in "Beutiful Day".

Back
Top Bottom