Hidden Track on ZOOROPA vs. "A Man and a Woman"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

I know. I'm just saying he probably means 'recycled' and not 'stolen' when he says stolen. :wink:

This is true. I have to admit that I trumped up the charges a bit with my purposefully inflammatory language. Honestly, though...is you people really not hearing that???

I admit that I only know two other hardcore U2 fans very well in the flesh, and while this is no more than anecdotal evidence, they both hear what I'm hearin'. Sigh.

Whatever, though. The score reads something like this:

"The Siren": Infinity...times four
"A Man and a Spirochete": 3.6

I like the way The Siren signs off.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP WHOCK.

If you shout... said:

Okay, I have to admit RIGHT up front that I play no instruments and can't play any songs except for the first four chords of "Stairway to Heaven"--and that ain't too much! Also, I have to congratulate you on a perfectly worded, executed, and even theorized post. Honestly, I say that with no trace of irony or whatever. You know a LOT more than I do, and I bow at your feet on this matter. I may be wrong at the deepest roots of musical theory, but I dunno about all them shits.

Bottom line: if you listen to the first :19 of "A Man and a Woman" and then follow that up with :20-:25 in "Endless Deep," I don't know that it's possible to miss the flagrant similarities. Maybe this bothers you, maybe it doesn't, and maybe it's not nearly as ripoff-ish as is "With a Shout," but I can't ignore it. I hear it loud and clear.

Hmm, well I just don't hear or see it.

I went and found some bass tabs for "A Man & a Woman," "Endless Deep" and "With a Shout."

The letters are for the bass strings, the numbers indicate where to place the fingers on the neck of the bass.

a man & a woman.
http://www.rockmagic.net/guitar-tabs/u2/a_man_and_a_woman.btab

^ It'll be awhile before I can play that one, yikes.

Endless Deep
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?1231417

With a Shout
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?460938

If you shout... said:

Okay, I'll just give the standard response to you: Larry's two words of choice. Also, I'm referring to the bassline in the song. Which other one might I be referring to...? Also, how the FUCK am I supposed to back myself up when I'm not even logged in, turkey? If only I were the only person having such trouble with you. Jayzus...

What is your problem? I asked the same question that others asked, why attack me? You made the statement the bassline was written 20 years ago, we asked where? It's a pretty logical question if you ask me.

If you shout... said:

Bottom line: if you listen to the first :19 of "A Man and a Woman" and then follow that up with :20-:25 in "Endless Deep," I don't know that it's possible to miss the flagrant similarities. Maybe this bothers you, maybe it doesn't, and maybe it's not nearly as ripoff-ish as is "With a Shout," but I can't ignore it. I hear it loud and clear. And, even though the song (which I brought up, yes) is mostly off-topic, I should qualify anything I say with the obligatory, "Yes, I do love October more than most, although I'm not deaf--it's not perfect, original or otherwise."

Please don't post about stolen riffs if you know nothing about musical theory. You couldn't be any further from the truth.

bono_212 said:
I hate it when good natured threads get turned into these types of arguments.

As do I. If only "The Siren" could see us now...! Woe should all of us be!

"The Siren": Speed of light in mph
"A Man and a Woman Sucks": 4.003
"With a Shout": "The Cry"

bono_212 said:
why not put the siren at the beginning, middle, and end of AMAAW? :drool:

Half of this board would worship AMAAW then. So experimenting and innovative with that Sirene all over the song :drool:

U2Man said:

Half of this board would worship AMAAW then. So experimenting and innovative with that Sirene all over the song :drool:

Maybe they read our minds and are already working on it....after all they are making another music video :wink:

An updated vote count, taking into account the fact that I am an absolute fucking idiot who should probably stop popping so many pills on the weekends:

"The Siren": Number of digits in pi
"A Man and a Whatever": -14
"IS THAT ALL?": "The Cry"

bono_212 said:
why not put the siren at the beginning, middle, and end of AMAAW? :drool:

dude just have it running through the entire song, the more random noises in a song, the better (SEE: albums Kid A, Pop). in fact the siren should run through HTDAAB, the whole album. Then everyone will get confused and switch gears and half the people will be going "OMG ITZ SO EXPERIMETNAL AND ATMOSPHEER AND NONCONFORMIST" and the other half will be going "OMG WUT HAPPENED 2 SONGZ U KANT HAVE A SONG W/ NOIZE LOL" and Interference will fuckin' EXPLODE, man.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO XTREME!!!!

AtomicBono said:

Then everyone will get confused and switch gears and half the people will be going "OMG ITZ SO EXPERIMETNAL AND ATMOSPHEER AND NONCONFORMIST" and the other half will be going "OMG WUT HAPPENED 2 SONGZ U KANT HAVE A SONG W/ NOIZE LOL" and Interference will fuckin' EXPLODE, man.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO XTREME!!!!

:lmao: !!!!!

bono_212 said:
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ATOMICBONO

EXPLOSION

THAT'S RIGHT, LIKE AN ATOMIC BOMB EXPLODING

WITH MOUNTAIN DEW

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

the siren = XTREME!!!!!! man whenever I hear the siren I start fuckin' skateboarding offa cliffs and stuff!!

AtomicBono said:

the siren = XTREME!!!!!! man whenever I hear the siren I start fuckin' skateboarding offa cliffs and stuff!!

but isn't there a slight downside to that?

death?

:hmm:

If you shout... said:

As do I. If only "The Siren" could see us now...! Woe should all of us be!

"The Siren": Speed of light in mph
"A Man and a Woman Sucks": 4.003
"With a Shout": "The Cry"

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom