Hey! Who else here DOESNT have all U2 cds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys, you have to remember that U2 basically started out as a punk band...that's why Boy sounds like it does. Go back to the bands that influenced them:

Joy Division, Television, and especially the Ramones etc. these bands were Punk/post-punk.
I personally LOVE Boy, just for that very reason.

To be honest, I like Boy a lot more than I do Zooropa and Pop, and it gets a lot more time in my CD player.

[This message has been edited by SIK (edited 05-18-2002).]

don't have passengers either, I have the Miss Sarejevo single and the last 2 tracks are frankly quite boring and repetitive (not a big Zoo Station fan really) but its not really u2 anyway...
For those that said they hate Boy/War, how exactly can you say that when you admit you've listened to it like 3 times, thats not exactly a basis for properly judging something...

------------------
Love is a very powerful thing. There's nothing more radical than two people loving each other. When I talk about love I'm thinking of an unselfish love. Emotions can be bought and sold just like anything else, but I think real love is about giving and not expecting anything in return...I think that love stands out when set against struggle.
-Bono (on love in 'War')

?*~darkcloud~*?

No guilty feelings please!

I have Passengers and even though I don't listen to it everyday, it's still full of good surprises. Go steal your mom's copy!!!
Falling asleep to the sound of Your Blue Room is one of that good things in life for me... I can go from track 2 to 7 with a big silly smile on my face... But hey that's my point of view!

Got October last year and I love I Fall Down...

Soundtracks, collaborations... It depends on how you like whoever the other artist(s) is/are... I love soundtracks so I got myself the MDH, The End of Violence, In the Name of the Father...

[This message has been edited by Desert Rose (edited 05-18-2002).]

Ooh...I LOVE "Your Blue Room"! It's on one of the POP singles I have, although at the moment I can't remember which one. I also really like "Miss Sarajevo" but I think those are the only two I've heard off Passengers.

October RULES! (the album, the song, the whole THING!)

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I have every "studio" album, some both on cassette and cd. Still need to get WAIA on cd, but it's not a huge priority. I have a good number of singles, a ton of bootlegs (thanks to the Interferencers who helped with that!)and most of the soundtracks, so I don't feel like I'm lacking when it comes to U2 music.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Let's pray for something
To feel good in the morning

BC: *has all of 'em...even Passengers and MDH!*

drgn: *only has a few...we must work on this...*
tongue.gif

------------------
"I can lose myself...you I can't live without..."

John & Katherine

I'm not even close to having all the singles, though I have a bunch. Nor do I want them all. I don't have Zooropa, Pop, or Passengers. I did have Pop for a while but not at the moment. I am planning to get Zooropa and Pop some time, but not sure when I'll get around to it. I have my doubts as to whether I'll ever get Passengers, though I've listened to it (and was quite unimpressed except for a few songs and moments.)

I have listened to Zooropa and Pop in their entirety (or close) quite a few times, though. But Passengers only once.

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-19-2002).]

yeah, I don't have anywhere NEAR all the singles...I have all the ones from POP and that's it. Although I really want to get the single for "One" one of these days. My next big U2 collecting move is going to be vinyls, I think. I have War mounted on my wall right now. I got it for 8 bucks at a record store last summer. My mom has JT and R&H on vinyl, but I'd like to get my own copies...I guess that was a little off-topic but oh, well!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Pop and Passengers are missing in my collection, other than that, I've got them all, excluding soundtracks, singles... I've pretty much stolen Pop from my sister, so it's just Passengers I need

Back
Top Bottom