Heroes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sylar/Nathan paraphrased something Linderman said in the last episode almost exactly ("unity though grief..."), that has to mean he and Sylar cross paths at some point or have already.

Was Peter badass? Did that just happen?

I loved the red vs. blue thing and Sylar/Nathan pulling a Dr. Baltar on the presidency.

:bow:

Giving us the goods week after week!! Eat that Damon Lindelof !

Okay, it was a good episode.

But why are we jumping five years in the future? Can we just stick with the story at hand, please? It makes me worry that the writers have no farking clue where the story is going.

Or maybe it's just that I've been burned by TV shows before. I have TV trust issues. :wink:

Aaaand upon watching the last 10 minutes, I've revised my opinion. It was pretty damned good, and I get why they jumped forward.

But I still maintain a small level of distrust. :shifty:

Last edited:
Just as with the six months ago episode, at first it seemed hokey and just a gimmick rather than an actual episode but it just kept getting better and better by the time Peter walked in and started busting some asses...amazing.

corianderstem said:
Or maybe it's just that I've been burned by TV shows before. I have TV trust issues. :wink:

Bart: TV sucks
Homer: I know that you are mad right now, so I'll pretend you didn't say that...

That episode kicked so much ass, I can totally see them srewing up the show as it goes into future seasons but I'm going to enjoy it now... :drool:

Joey788 said:
Tonight's episode was :drool: times a million.

This is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Future Peter and Future Hiro were just so badass.

I just have no words for how amazing that was.

Future Hiro, "Should I stop time?"

Future Peter, "No, its been years since we've had a good fight."

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

corianderstem said:
Okay, it was a good episode.

But why are we jumping five years in the future? Can we just stick with the story at hand, please? It makes me worry that the writers have no farking clue where the story is going.

Aaaand upon watching the last 10 minutes, I've revised my opinion. It was pretty damned good, and I get why they jumped forward.

But I still maintain a small level of distrust. :shifty:

That future thing was totally about the present storyline. It revealed a possible future if they fail and information for Hiro to use in the past. It revealed why Sylar painted a picture of himself in the White House using Issac's powers. Hiro knows his role is stopping Sylar based on his future self's belief. Possible futures are a common theme in comic books too :wink:

This storyline is ending this season, no dragging it out going on here. They learned from the ongoing crisis over at Lost and the past. The storyline is not the basis of the show. There will be a conclusion over the next 3 episodes and characters will die. I think Nathan will die sacrificing himself to save Peter. Probably another 2 or 3 characters at least most likely at the hands of Sylar.

Next season will revolve around a new adventure.

Last edited:
Dalton said:

Red and Blue?

Dr. Baltar?

I'm new to this whole 'comic book' way of thinking. What am I missing?

At the very end when Sylar fought Peter, they each had different color energy balls (?) in their hands. Sylar had blue, Peter had red.

Dr. Baltar is a character from Battlestar Galactica who was a corrupt president.

Here is my frustration with Monday's story: Peter's scar.

Yes, I know that everyone has been saying that and that everyone has their own theory, but I haven't heard one yet that makes sense with what we know. Here's what I am thinking.

1. Peter must have gotten the ability to regenerate from her otherwise he would not have been able to survive being the bomb. If he didn't get the ability to regenerat from her, he could have gotten it while fighting Silar after he had taken her powers. Which leads us to my second point.

(Either way, I hope he gets the scar ... its pretty cool.)

2. Silar did not get Clair's powers in the past (even in the Future storyline), he gets them in the NY mansion during last weeks episode. So, how did he regenerate when fHiro tried to kill him in the past?

So, if Peter DID save the cheerleader in the past, then fHiro should have been able to kill Silar. The only thing that would have really made sense in the future storyline would have been if Silar had gotten claire and Peter absorbed her powers in a fight with Silar.

Unless, Hiro is wrong in the information he has given the audience. Maybe Peter doesn't need claire's ability to survive the bomb? But that still doesn't explain how Silar survived Hiro.

Right? Am I missing something?

^well, the future episode meant nothing really. It was just a fun episode meant to show what could happen if everything goes wrong. We didn't get the details of the Hiro/Sylar confrontation so we don't if he stabbed Sylar or not.

Tonight's episode was pretty decent setting up the grand finale. I totally forgot about Sylar's Clark Kent secret identity appearance(another homage to comics from the writers)

Anyone else recognize Sylar's mom? She was Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors. God the voice was exactly the same!!

ljclary said:
Anyone else recognize Sylar's mom? She was Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors. God the voice was exactly the same!!

I knew she looked familiar.

First it's Steve Martin, then it's Sylar, when can she catch a break?

I liked the episode...

I'm liking the shape shifter (I can't remeber her name), she obviously has the ability to bend your mind and not only change her appearance but your perception of your surroundings, very cool.

I also called the little girl's power who Suresh is curing, as soon as Bennett said they had some new detection method, I figured it was somebody's power.

I haven't read through all the pages of this thread, so sorry if this has already been discussed. Do you think Peter and Nathan's Mom has a power? It seems like many of them are children of people who have powers. She has kept it hidden if she does. But having 2 sons with powers makes me wonder.

^I brought it up but yeah, I think it is a given. Next season is going to put some focus on the senior heroes who came before the group we know.

Lemon Meringue said:
I haven't read through all the pages of this thread, so sorry if this has already been discussed. Do you think Peter and Nathan's Mom has a power? It seems like many of them are children of people who have powers. She has kept it hidden if she does. But having 2 sons with powers makes me wonder.

yeah i'm pretty sure she has a power... In fact, I believe she either said or hinted at it when speaking with Claire at some point. Not revealed as to what she has. It may not happen till next season..

trevster2k said:
^I brought it up but yeah, I think it is a given. Next season is going to put some focus on the senior heroes who came before the group we know.

Linderman, Mama and Papa Petrelli, and Hiro's father and who else?

^Claude Rains probably. I don't know, I am just relaying info from the Entertainment Weekly article. Which also mentions that next season will have 2 storylines, have a threat to the whole planet resulting in heroes being all over the globe and have the odd individual adventure story.

sindaddy said:

Linderman has an election that he needs to "fix". I don't know if Micah can do this. Maybe electronic voting?

Good call!

Good episode last night, everything has been set up...

**SPOILER**
My only disappointment was Linderman's demise, I realize in good comic book/soap opera tradition, no one is really dead so here's hoping he comes back because I think he is a good villain. Much better than crappy Eric Roberts :angry: who I hope stays dead...

Last night's show was filled with so much information.

I was kind of disappointed in that it seems that some of it was rushed. I think due to the realization that fans want resolution. But still an awesome episode. They weren't kidding when they said there would be a lot of death. We lost 4 characters last night.

I think Linderman as Malcolm McDowell is done. Although, at some point, there has to be a character who is immortal, and cannot be permanently killed and does not age. Who has been around for thousands of years.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
I think Linderman is done. Although, at some point, there has to be a character who is immortal, and cannot be permanently killed and does not age. Who has been around for thousands of years.

Sulu Nakamura? :hmm:

Could be, that would make an interesting connection between father and son. An immortal who passes on the power to manipulate time. I wonder if Hiro's sister has a power too.

trevster2k said:
Could be, that would make an interesting connection between father and son. An immortal who passes on the power to manipulate time. I wonder if Hiro's sister has a power too.

Here we are, born to be kings
We're the princes of the universe!

Highlander jokes aside, I bet she does have a power.

Ando has to have some type of power or connection to Hiro, I highly doubt he's just a companion character without any power.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Here we are, born to be kings
We're the princes of the universe!

Highlander.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom