Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Yep, they're bringing that line back into service for both passengers and freight. Last passenger trains ran in 1973, so this is a pretty big thing in the railway community. I believe it's meant to be operational sometime next year, though I'm wondering where the fuck the extra rollingstock's going to come from.

They might want to make a point of putting some track down.

coolian2 said:

You're quite right, it is the first gig.

I should get the non-resized versions off my external hard drive and let you look for yourself

I'm surprised you can't pick out my hair in the resized one! :lol:

All i'll say about this picture is FUCK YES

101_1439.jpg

coolian2 said:
I like this photo because on one of the screens you can see Bonos jacket

101_1412.jpg

:lol: I bet you loved that.

I loved his All Blacks/Irish rugby team jersey routine on the second night.

Axver said:

:lol: I bet you loved that.

I loved his All Blacks/Irish rugby team jersey routine on the second night.

The first night when his spotlight came on he had his back to me, but i was watching The Edge at the time, and when i glanced towards the b-stage i had to do a double take, and it wasn't until I Will Follow i was sure i wasn't hallucinating.

And that jersey routine was awesome.

Go and look up the setlist party sometime, my texts are impossible to understand by that stage

coolian2 said:

They might want to make a point of putting some track down.

I'm actually surprised they've ripped it up entirely. I thought it was going to be an el cheapo "let's relay every fourth sleeper and put down a bit of new ballast and hope like hell the track doesn't bend" job, but they seem to actually be doing a proper job of it, getting rid of all the old crap.

I just hope they decide to extend the line to the airport. There are provisions for it ...

Axver said:

I'm actually surprised they've ripped it up entirely. I thought it was going to be an el cheapo "let's relay every fourth sleeper and put down a bit of new ballast and hope like hell the track doesn't bend" job, but they seem to actually be doing a proper job of it, getting rid of all the old crap.

I just hope they decide to extend the line to the airport. There are provisions for it ...

They need to eventually do something about the level crossing that i drive across whenever i go to Onehunga. It's in poor state.

Ax, do you (or anyone) know how to clear AutoComplete stuff in Windows XP? My mum is bothering me asking.

coolian2 said:
And another fuck yes.

101_1438-1.jpg

I still can't believe they went to all that effort for One Tree Hill. It was absolutely mindblowing. These pictures bring back great memories and remind me why I said I'd never see another U2 show again - OTH was just perfect.

Though I'd do a show in Wellington in a heartbeat.

Axver said:
"Is there a chance the track could bend?"
"Not on your life, my Hindu friend!"

I love that episode. Leonard Nimoy... :love:

OK, who's doing the next thread? If we agree it should be Devil's Dyke, Sussex, then I think Ali should do it as she's got the photographic proof it exists. :yes:

Axver said:

I still can't believe they went to all that effort for One Tree Hill. It was absolutely mindblowing. These pictures bring back great memories and remind me why I said I'd never see another U2 show again - OTH was just perfect.

Though I'd do a show in Wellington in a heartbeat.

:up:

Well said, even though i'm counting the days until my next U2 show.

They showed they still have life in them too.

Alisaura said:

"Is there a chance the track could bend?"
"Not on your life, my Hindu friend!"

I love that episode. Leonard Nimoy... :love:

:lmao:

I was hoping you lot would get the reference there. :up:

Ooh, i've never been here for a changing of the guard before

:corn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom