HAWAII: Lining Up Two Days Early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Super_Fan said:
There are no Official Rules. Just Moral Rules.

So, how do one's morals decisively indicate whether or not they can have a cap on their water or whether their purse is a backpack or a purse?

The first pen had to fill up earlier than that, I got there at 10:30 and I was in pen 2.

Believe me. I don't care about who ran the line, what they did, how they got there, who got vip wrist bands, etc. etc. I went to Hawaii with one main goal. No drama. I stuck to it and I am sticking to it again. Life's too short and Hawaii is too beautiful.

:drool:

Liesje said:

Brad, where the fuck are you getting the idea I'm upset? I said I heard OTHERS were upset and thought it was funny. No one's going to get exactly what they want every time. I'm more than happy with how things went down and definitely got WAY closer than I expected. All I asked was why there was so much more room at this show than stadium shows? I'm not implying anything so stop reading into it - it was a simple question. I don't know what OTS and ETS is so I don't care if they give out wristbands. I got in line when I wanted to and got the spot that I wanted. :shrug:

I didn't read the first line of your first post on top of this page. I thought it were agreeing with everyone on the previous page.

I hope that next tour people can understand and not make too many rules. San Diego was hard to handle the list. Just to get everyone in order and lined up, its a pain in the butt. The last time I took names was November 22 MSG. 11 people showed up after the show and half of them stayed overnight. Almost none of the regulars were even in the top 50 at that show. The lottery allowed for a loose feeling and allowed max time to camp out would be overnight to 7 a.m. the day before the show.

For those that were upset about numbers 50-70 or 80 you should have just came up to them and said something to security while in line after 6 p.m. and the people with the list which were the Flagship people.

Miroslava I am tired of people complaining. The lines are legit and if they have a problem just get the list and have the people at the front of the line get off their butts and tell them to move. Stadium show in Monterrey people obeyed the order of line placement after splitting up into 3 different entrances. Luckily I was in the line that was straight ahead onto the field and one other side people in Monterrey were throwning Pillows and chairs in the GA line. The Riot Police were called in and calm down the GA line on one side of the stadium.

I understand it gets tiresome, which is why I didn't get involved. Did I think, and still think, that starting the line 2 days early is ridiculous when we're in Hawaii? ABSOLUTELY, but that's it.

No bitching from my end. Not this time. If I had taken the time to be number 120 the right way (which means my ass stays glued to the line) and 60 people that had signed up earlier than I but had not spent nearly as much time as I, I believe you and lots of other people KNOW I would have raised holy hell. :lol: :angel:

But, by the time I showed up, everyone was pretty much settled and I got to hang ot with my lovely friend Michelle and chill, which is exactly what I wanted. :D

Lila64 said:
Mads - I think that was your Mom I was standing next to for part of the show. I think she was in a sparkly top, right?
Yeah that's right. :)
I apologize if she looked irritated and/or asleep for most of the show. I looked back at her from time to time and she looked kind of angry. She said she was alright though. :lol:

Chizip said:

but didnt they try to control it at the beginning?

i agree with you, in stadiums there is no way to control it, so you get in line and you stay in line. you dont go off to the beach and cruises and all that.

ok

i have never posted here, ever

first time

hey brad, lol, i could not help myself with the nickname. we met in new orleans and saw you once again in hawaiii

am going to be short and sweet and come back later to expand on my thoughts because i am still exhausted from the trip home and want to get some sleep

OMG, how many crybabies are there on this damn site. i tried reading through posts and did not know whether i should laugh or cry.....

#1: IT WAS MADE CLEAR TO ONE AND ALL.....SIGN IN.....YOU ARE ALLOWED A PLUS ONE......AND GO AWAY....COME BACK AND WE WILL HOLD YOUR PLACE IN LINE NO MATTER WHAT ......THAT WAS EXTENDED TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO SIGNED IN..... " GO AWAY, DO WHATEVER ....ENJOY HAWAII " were the words i heard over and over by those doing the signing in.....

EVERYONE WAS TOLD, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO .....TRY YOUR BEST TO KEEP SOMEONE BEHIND.....but if you can`t, its ok.

BUT NO MATTER WHAT BE BACK BY 5 PM FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

EVERY GROUP OF FRIENDS TOOK SLEEP TURNS, FOOD RUNS, SUPPLY RUNS, SHOWER RUNS....BEACH RUNS.....WHATEVER......

one person was upset that they were frequenting the venue since the sunday b4 the show and wanted to know why he should respect the line and why that was the line at all...

I/we told him , the line starts with whoever starts it ...if he was scoping the stadium out every day maybe he should have made the sacrifice to start it.......We made clear that though the line was started : if stadium security or u2 security have a problem with it and would not respect it and disband it , then so be it .....

bRAD was there first, we heard something was finally starting by the stadium, we dropped everything we were doing and made our way down to join in.....that is just the way the game is played.....

cRAIG from u2 security came out on saturday and spoke to the 'flagship' and commended the fans for doing a great job

Good ole Eddie from Stadium security took awhile to warm up but in the end was won over AND DECLARED SATURDAY THAT THE LINE STARTED BY FANS WAS GOING TO BE RESPECTED....

Yes, a young lady did lose her mother while in line....what a horrible phone call to get ...

Her friends did start a collection because she did not have the money to get an emergency flight home......some of us walked thru the line to let people know what happened and why they would be asked for a donation......i figured with 600 people(that was what i thought was there at the time) in line we should be able to get $1 from everyone

Well, people donated $20 , $5, $10`s.......it was heartwarming. so fabulous to see the fans come through.

Anyway, off to bed

MAHALO!

SUPER_SUPER_FAN said:
ok

i have never posted here, ever

first time

hey brad, lol, i could not help myself with the nickname. we met in new orleans and saw you once again in hawaiii

am going to be short and sweet and come back later to expand on my thoughts because i am still exhausted from the trip home and want to get some sleep

OMG, how many crybabies are there on this damn site. i tried reading through posts and did not know whether i should laugh or cry.....

#1: IT WAS MADE CLEAR TO ONE AND ALL.....SIGN IN.....YOU ARE ALLOWED A PLUS ONE......AND GO AWAY....COME BACK AND WE WILL HOLD YOUR PLACE IN LINE NO MATTER WHAT ......THAT WAS EXTENDED TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO SIGNED IN..... " GO AWAY, DO WHATEVER ....ENJOY HAWAII " were the words i heard over and over by those doing the signing in.....

EVERYONE WAS TOLD, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO .....TRY YOUR BEST TO KEEP SOMEONE BEHIND.....but if you can`t, its ok.

BUT NO MATTER WHAT BE BACK BY 5 PM FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......

EVERY GROUP OF FRIENDS TOOK SLEEP TURNS, FOOD RUNS, SUPPLY RUNS, SHOWER RUNS....BEACH RUNS.....WHATEVER......

one person was upset that they were frequenting the venue since the sunday b4 the show and wanted to know why he should respect the line and why that was the line at all...

I/we told him , the line starts with whoever starts it ...if he was scoping the stadium out every day maybe he should have made the sacrifice to start it.......We made clear that though the line was started : if stadium security or u2 security have a problem with it and would not respect it and disband it , then so be it .....

bRAD was there first, we heard something was finally starting by the stadium, we dropped everything we were doing and made our way down to join in.....that is just the way the game is played.....

cRAIG from u2 security came out on saturday and spoke to the 'flagship' and commended the fans for doing a great job

Good ole Eddie from Stadium security took awhile to warm up but in the end was won over AND DECLARED SATURDAY THAT THE LINE STARTED BY FANS WAS GOING TO BE RESPECTED....

Yes, a young lady did lose her mother while in line....what a horrible phone call to get ...

Her friends did start a collection because she did not have the money to get an emergency flight home......some of us walked thru the line to let people know what happened and why they would be asked for a donation......i figured with 600 people(that was what i thought was there at the time) in line we should be able to get $1 from everyone

Well, people donated $20 , $5, $10`s.......it was heartwarming. so fabulous to see the fans come through.

Anyway, off to bed

MAHALO!

The problem was was not everybody was told the same thing. When we got there, we said we heard it was plus one and Becky said no it's one wristband per person. They told us to stop by Friday morning to see what was going on...........

So already many different rules were already being laid out causing this confusion.

Super_Fan said:
Miroslava I am tired of people complaining. The lines are legit and if they have a problem just get the list and have the people at the front of the line get off their butts and tell them to move. Stadium show in Monterrey people obeyed the order of line placement after splitting up into 3 different entrances. Luckily I was in the line that was straight ahead onto the field and one other side people in Monterrey were throwning Pillows and chairs in the GA line. The Riot Police were called in and calm down the GA line on one side of the stadium.

Brad,

I told those with the list many times of people cutting................Nothing was done!!!

I know other people did as well.

No system is perfect. I know that..

This is how much I didn't want in on the drama. Sometime at 3:30 am, Michelle and I were sleeping and were woken up by a pissed off Kevin with news about the line and I was handed a wristband with a double digit number. 93 or so? And he did inform us that he had been told we could come back at 5:00 PM later that day. We could have used the bands, but we just could not bring ourselves to. Not if we didn't put in the time.

So my number 630 in line was more than fine with me. :)

Miroslava said:
This is how much I didn't want in on the drama. Sometime at 3:30 am, Michelle and I were sleeping and were woken up by a pissed off Kevin with news about the line and I was handed a wristband with a double digit number. 93 or so? And he did inform us that he had been told we could come back at 5:00 PM later that day. We could have used the bands, but we just could not bring ourselves to. Not if we didn't put in the time.

So my number 630 in line was more than fine with me. :)

Good for you. You have integrity girl!!!

Hell like I said you were rewarded with a great spot, not rail but just as good!

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

I believe you and lots of other people KNOW I would have raised holy hell. :lol: :angel:

This I have seen...

:eek: :yikes: :crack:

oops...this hasn't happened in a bit. This is Got Philk. I guess I'm not signed in on this computer.

Now my wife is going to kill me!:madwife:

Super_Fan said:

San Diego was hard to handle the list. Just to get everyone in order and lined up, its a pain in the butt.

San Diego was difficult because we had to fight to convince people that just because there was a lottery, a line mattered.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

This I have seen...

:eek: :yikes: :crack:

oops...this hasn't happened in a bit. This is Got Philk. I guess I'm not signed in on this computer.

Now my wife is going to kill me!:madwife:

WTF my old username is logged in on Phil's mom's computer?!?! oops! :lol:

Miroslava said:
I understand it gets tiresome, which is why I didn't get involved. Did I think, and still think, that starting the line 2 days early is ridiculous when we're in Hawaii? ABSOLUTELY, but that's it.

No bitching from my end. Not this time. If I had taken the time to be number 120 the right way (which means my ass stays glued to the line) and 60 people that had signed up earlier than I but had not spent nearly as much time as I, I believe you and lots of other people KNOW I would have raised holy hell. :lol: :angel:

OMG, Miroslava, I would've donated a lot of money to the ONE campaign for a chance to see that! :lol:

And I completely agree with the first paragraph. I'm not upset about the line; it went down as I'd expected and I ended up in a great spot. But I'm still snickering inside that people wasted all that time in line. Yeah, if it's a shitty place with craptastic weather (read: Auburn Hills) sure I'll spend a few days in line 'cus what the hell else is there to do? But HAWAII?! Come on! :lmao:

Super_Fan said:

OTX and ETS gave out wristbands to get into the ellipse. They did a drawing right before the show at the party. Band controls the wristbands. Do not get upset that they are allowing celebrities into the ellipse. Get there early and claim your spot.

OTX/ETS did not raffle wristbands at the party the night before. I was there and talked to Dave Finley. They originally planned to do it, but changed their mind because they were in short supply. Apparently, 100 bands were recalled by the promoter and Finley was guarding them like gold to give to platinum package holders, GA holders (those who took the bus package got bands) and "VIPS."

bfloxng said:

OTX/ETS did not raffle wristbands at the party the night before. I was there and talked to Dave Finley. They originally planned to do it, but changed their mind because they were in short supply. Apparently, 100 bands were recalled by the promoter and Finley was guarding them like gold to give to platinum package holders, GA holders (those who took the bus package got bands) and "VIPS."

Thanks for the info..................

I just read something over at Zootopia and the WE vs you mentality is pissing me off.

I prefer Interference................sheesh............glad the tour is over no more GA line worries about those cutting in line and then lying about it.

bfloxng said:

What did you read? :hmm:

It's about the whole HANS incident and that somebody was glad that they still made it to rail because WE take care of our own.

It just rubbed me the wrong way, is all.

Yes, I was signed up for the same cruise he went on. I didn't go because I didn't want to lose my spot. WE were told that at 6 pm when you enter the gates you could lose your spot. That didn't happen... Some of us were a little angry since we were sitting in the gusty conditions but no matter.

Then we were told once in the pens, that is your spot. Hans and Germana came in after we were already lined up and situated in our pens. Hello. I like Hans but hell if you show up and cut past people except for people to get upset.

They also said the person who confronted Hans was a beered up Interference guy. I don't know if he was Interference or not but he was not drunk or anything.

I am friends with that group but some of their behavior during the line (like a sense of entitlement) pissed me off. And some of the ones whining were first time GAers............

Many of you know that if you leave the line for long periods of time you will probably be called out for it. Sheesh!

skjuls said:

It's about the whole HANS incident and that somebody was glad that they still made it to rail because WE take care of our own.

It just rubbed me the wrong way, is all.

Yes, I was signed up for the same cruise he went on. I didn't go because I didn't want to lose my spot. WE were told that at 6 pm when you enter the gates you could lose your spot. That didn't happen... Some of us were a little angry since we were sitting in the gusty conditions but no matter.

Then we were told once in the pens, that is your spot. Hans and Germana came in after we were already lined up and situated in our pens. Hello. I like Hans but hell if you show up and cut past people except for people to get upset.

They also said the person who confronted Hans was a beered up Interference guy. I don't know if he was Interference or not but he was not drunk or anything.

I am friends with that group but some of their behavior during the line (like a sense of entitlement) pissed me off. And some of the ones whining were first time GAers............

Many of you know that if you leave the line for long periods of time you will probably be called out for it. Sheesh!

jeez!!:tsk:

You know the us against them mentality is so childish! Unbelievably so. We are all adults here who are 'supposed' to be a part of a community for the love of the MUSIC FOR GOD'S SAKE!

bayou12780 said:
Is the Zootop Hans the same Hans that was helping to organize the wear (RED) campaign?

:yes:

And if you check out the zootop board they think it's justified because he did all of this organization that he get a great spot.

Oh well, so much for earning it by waiting in line.

Don't get me wrong Hans is a great guy!!

Last edited:
skjuls said:

:yes:

And if you check out the zootop board they think it's justified because he did all of this organization that he get a great spot.

Oh well, so much for earning it by waiting in line.

Don't get me wrong Hans is a great guy!!

These are the gem quotes of the day:

"I was disgusted by the whole [HANS] thing (still have to read this thread), and stressed out the entire day, because I wanted you guys with me on the rail. thank goodness that worked out all right. so PHUH to the guys who had you thrown out because WE take care of each other!!!!"

then, a response:

"No comment!!! The WE take care of each other is so over the top..

It's like you don't care what others in the line had to endure. Hans knew and I talked to him before he left the cruise that there was a possibility he would lose his spot by going on the cruise.

The 'rules' of the time were confusing at times so they changed up until the pen. However, security did say that if you were not in the pen when we arrived then you lose your spot.

How hard is it?

This line wasn't has strict as others I have been in.

You cannot be surprised that others who put in long hours in line would be upset."

And then...

"I had booked and paid for the dinner cruise, but chose not to go to keep my space in the line. So I was gone for 4 hours as well, but spend 3,5 of those hours commuting from and back to the venue. I can tell you one thing, it's a lot less stressful if you don't have to leave the queue. 'enduring' the hawaiian queue ... I'm sorry but compared to the snow and ice night and day shift we had in Portland, this was a holiday.

Hans however, had organised the dinner cruise and had no other choice but to go. If he hadn't put so much work in organising the hawaii board, fan gatherings ... to entertain and inform almost 500 zootops, he would have been at his spot. I'm sorry, but this man has worked too hard for so many of us, to deserve this kind of treatment. So NO, the WE take care of each other is absolutely NOT over the top in this case."

Back
Top Bottom