Hawaii April 8th (& 9th?!) Aloha Stadium Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ramblin rose said:
I got my tickets in the mail today. :)

:applaud:

Great, RR!

Were your's pre- or general sale?

And wow, your mail sure is delivered early in the day.
Mine usually doesn't arrive till in the afternoon.

tryan101 said:
still no love for the pre-sale folks....:angry:

:hug: for all that bought tickets in the pre-sale.

Is this how it usually goes?
That general sale tickets are being printed and shipped before the pre-sale ones?

Judging from Star 101.9 and other information... 90%

I think it is pretty much determined it will happen and just needs to be inked. If it is a done deal already, then Star just has an embargo on revealing any information and are waiting for the go ahead...

I think the prmoters are just trying to get people to finish selling the stadium out, but as we have discussed ad nauseum, people are not stupid and are waiting for a second show to try for better tickets.

Just checked TM:

Didn't pull up a single one in the orange (1st) level.

Singles in the blue!

2,3 and 4 in a row are all back in the yellow (5th and highest) level.

Miroslava said:
Judging from Star 101.9 and other information... 90%

my bad if already posted... I'm off to work and only checked the last 2 pages of this thread, but I saw this on @U2's blog today:

http://atu2.blogspot.com/2006/02/and-saga-continues-about-hawaii.html

And the saga continues about Hawaii...
File this in the category of "make up your minds already!"

The proposed ticket onsale date for the proposed April 9 Hawaiian has been put on indefinite hold pending more details from U2 and their management, according to an industry source. Apparently, there are still concerns that the first Hawaiian date has not sold out and management is worried about the 2nd show not selling well at all and fear having U2's best selling tour in history to end on a sour note. In the meantime, the promoter is still very much committed to bringing a 2nd U2 show to Hawaii.

I share the same feelings as many fans on the various mail lists and online chat boards: Hawaii is a destination where it's a very far location to travel to for only ONE show; however if there are TWO, then it makes it far more appealing to travel out for.

More news as it comes along.

WTF?!?!
Is there an email or phone number we should all flood at Principal Management to tell them that the second show will sell out!

Miringeltje said:
Just checked TM:

Didn't pull up a single one in the orange (1st) level.

Singles in the blue!

2,3 and 4 in a row are all back in the yellow (5th and highest) level.

Oooh, yes you are right! There were orange singles yesterday.

bort269 said:

my bad if already posted... I'm off to work and only checked the last 2 pages of this thread, but I saw this on @U2's blog today:

http://atu2.blogspot.com/2006/02/and-saga-continues-about-hawaii.html

And the saga continues about Hawaii...
File this in the category of "make up your minds already!"

The proposed ticket onsale date for the proposed April 9 Hawaiian has been put on indefinite hold pending more details from U2 and their management, according to an industry source. Apparently, there are still concerns that the first Hawaiian date has not sold out and management is worried about the 2nd show not selling well at all and fear having U2's best selling tour in history to end on a sour note. In the meantime, the promoter is still very much committed to bringing a 2nd U2 show to Hawaii.

I share the same feelings as many fans on the various mail lists and online chat boards: Hawaii is a destination where it's a very far location to travel to for only ONE show; however if there are TWO, then it makes it far more appealing to travel out for.

More news as it comes along.

WTF?!?!
Is there an email or phone number we should all flood at Principal Management to tell them that the second show will sell out!

This is one wild rollercoaster ride - - 2nd show on sale soon; not; on sale soon; not . . . .

redsoxfan said:

This is one wild rollercoaster ride - - 2nd show on sale soon; not; on sale soon; not . . . .

everything is just speculation at this point - I'm thinking if we don't hear something following the Grammy Awards the picture will look a little bleaker

Don't think they necessarily need to win, but they have to make a good showing with their live appearance on the Grammys. It's more the momentum of a good Grammy appearance - I agree that if there is no further word on a second show within a week of the Grammys then the outlook for a second show is very poor.

You know me... once something catches on with the general public, that's my cue to stop doing it. I start trends, not follow them

:tongue:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom