Hawaii April 8th (& 9th?!) Aloha Stadium Part XII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the DJ just way they'd hook us up with show details on Monday? I missed the first part of what he said cuz I was on the phone. Damn customers calling! :mad:

Carek1230 said:
Did the DJ just way they'd hook us up with show details on Monday? I missed the first part of what he said cuz I was on the phone. Damn customers calling! :mad:

I didn't catch that part - just the "possible" details and the knowing "hmmmmmm"

ETA: jeez, now I'm analyzing hawaiian DJ inflections.

:coocoo:

ThoraSEB said:

We should start up a support group!

This is one sickness I do not want to be cured from:coocoo: Now if someone could hypnotize me into not wanting this BIB GRAB bag of Doritos and the KING size Resses cups. I am all for that.:wink:

Carmelu2fan said:

This is one sickness I do not want to be cured from:coocoo: Now if someone could hypnotize me into not wanting this BIB GRAB bag of Doritos and the KING size Resses cups. I am all for that.:wink:

:ohmy: I thought the Doritos and Reeses are part of the Major food groups? And Shopping is retail therapy, always good to keep me emotionally stable and balanced :wink:

Carmelu2fan said:

You don't want them - pass them over here. I could use a snack
snack.gif

Carek1230 said:

:ohmy: I thought the Doritos and Reeses are part of the Major food groups? And Shopping is retail therapy, always good to keep me emotionally stable and balanced :wink:

:no: DAYYYUMMM, I am a shop-o holic too! I just spent way to much cash on crap that I most likely will not need for this trip.

Although I am quite proud of my skank top:happy: Should I be?

Lila64 said:

You don't want them - pass them over here. I could use a snack
snack.gif

That is my favorite snack:drool: I need to stay away from it though..I want to be healthy for the GA run:giggle: Besides my skank top is a small:shifty: I knew damn well I needed a large.

My hubby and I are taking our resumes to HI with us. I hear they need teachers. I figure if we have to move somewhere expensive like the Bay Area to find permanent teaching positions we might as well go somewhere fun and expensive! You wouldn't think a math and science teacher would have problems finding a good job, there is just too much competition here and a dwindling student population. Okay my pity party is starting. Gotta' go...

faithingrace said:
My hubby and I are taking our resumes to HI with us. I hear they need teachers. I figure if we have to move somewhere expensive like the Bay Area to find permanent teaching positions we might as well go somewhere fun and expensive! You wouldn't think a math and science teacher would have problems finding a good job, there is just too much competition here and a dwindling student population. Okay my pity party is starting. Gotta' go...

Florida is supposed to have a teaching shortage . . . at least it's sunny :)

Last edited:
I was just reading an article the other day about Hawaii's teacher shortage. Good luck!
Maybe you can even write off your trip on your taxes if you actively look for work while you're here!

Two show question here...

If there are going to be two shows is it doable to do GA for both? Do most people just do GA for one show and seats for the other?

Thanks!

tryan101 said:

the majority of this crowd will be all GA.

btw - what happened in Goleta??? we're both UCSB grads...

Okay... just checking on the GA situation. Thanks for the reassurance!

As far as Goleta, I assume you are talking about the postal worker thing?? I just read some reports online, seems like the stereotypical postal worker gone nutso rampage to me. I drop my mail off at that center all the time, so it's kind of frightening. I don't have any juicy details, though...

A female postal worker or rather EX postal worker literally went "postal" on a shooting rampage of the mail processing plant in Goleta, killing 6 people then herself. She'd been off on psychiatric leave.

Hey Laura-I noted in the Oahu tourbook I just got in the mail that there is a Hostel in Waikiki and I believe it was $23/night. If you want more info let me know, I can PM it to you.

P.S. Glad you are OK in Santa Barbara :wink:

junebuglaura said:

Okay... just checking on the GA situation. Thanks for the reassurance!

As far as Goleta, I assume you are talking about the postal worker thing?? I just read some reports online, seems like the stereotypical postal worker gone nutso rampage to me. I drop my mail off at that center all the time, so it's kind of frightening. I don't have any juicy details, though...

I see six people were killed...its awful.

^ Thanks... I looked into a few hostels but would rather pay a little bit more for some creature comforts... Plus I want to hang out with all you folks! :)

P.S. Glad you are OK in Santa Barbara :wink:

Yeah, me too. I used to live about 1.5 blocks from that mail center. Now I am about 3 miles away but I still go there all the time. It weird when someplace you know so well becomes the site of a killing spree.

There was another... stay tuned for news of a second show teaser

This is a-happenin folks!

:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom