Having problems with Fanfire and getting your stuff? Protest Here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allegra

Refugee
The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap,
From Germana in Zootopia...

All this talking about Fanfire's non-service resulted in the decision to take some action. Whether you've had issues with them or not, if you want you can support this campaign by writing to Principle Management.

WHEN
Starting at midnight February 2nd Dublin time, that is:
1am CET on Feb 2nd
7pm EST on Feb 1st
4pm PST on Feb 1st
This way we have a whole weekend to send emails, and they'll see them all on Monday.

WHAT
Subject: Fanfire's inefficiency
Body:
Dear Principle Management,

With the deepest respect for U2 and yourselves, this letter is written concerning the practices of Fanfire, the company that handles your fanclub and official merchandise sales.

I am a member of U2.com and I would like to bring to your attention some examples of what has been repeatedly happening for the past three years: extended backorders, lost orders and fanclub subscriptions not being processed are the most common problems. Many members who are receiving merchandise find it damaged or receive the wrong items in the package. When members call or e-mail Fanfire, Fanfire does not follow up on the complaint for weeks, sometimes months. There have even been cases of members being double charged when their orders are reprocessed.

If a company is hired to do a job dealing with the consumer side of a business, the basic service that is asked of them is to deliver what they sell. It is my understanding that U2/Principle Management pays Fanfire to handle this side of your business. The countless mistakes Fanfire has made and continues to make must generate huge financial costs to your bottom line due to the replacement of damaged or lost merchandise, and reprocessing orders. Many U2 fans who frequent U2.com are now afraid of doing business with Fanfire, be it either buying merchandise or joining the fanclub, and this also constitutes a loss of income.

As a U2 fan, I would be most grateful to you if you looked into this matter and resolved it once and for all.

We love U2. Thank You.

Sincerely with best regards,

Member #_____________

[Name]
[City, State/Province, Country]

(remember to print your name and sign the "physical" letter)

HOW
email info@numb.ie
*AND* print and send the letter (if you can in a yellow envelope) to:
Principle Management
30/32 Sir John Rogerson's Quay
Dublin 2, 11111
Ireland

(huge thanks to Izzy and Karen MIMW for their help in writing the letter)

I was considering ordering a Joshua Tree lithograph, but considering the problems I've had with Fanfire in the past, I didn't have faith it would arrive safely.

I have about two weeks left on my membership, but I haven't decided if I'm going to renew it yet. The only reason I'm even considering it is because I wonder if they'll give any priority for presale codes to people who've been members for a few years. I don't post much at the Zoo, either. The interface over there just seems clunky to me compared to the interface here.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I was considering ordering a Joshua Tree lithograph, but considering the problems I've had with Fanfire in the past, I didn't have faith it would arrive safely.

I have about two weeks left on my membership, but I haven't decided if I'm going to renew it yet. The only reason I'm even considering it is because I wonder if they'll give any priority for presale codes to people who've been members for a few years. I don't post much at the Zoo, either. The interface over there just seems clunky to me compared to the interface here.

My advice to you would be to at least keep the membership up to date...for pre-sale code time.

But they have to deliver your free gift. Don't let them slide. If you don't get it after 30 days of renewing, then start making phone calls and stay on their ass.

Allegra said:

My advice to you would be to at least keep the membership up to date...for pre-sale code time.

But they have to deliver your free gift. Don't let them slide. If you don't get it after 30 days of renewing, then start making phone calls and stay on their ass.

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning toward doing. With the gift and the 25% off coupon, it's not really that expensive if you're renewing.

Part of the problem with the CDs is that they ship them media mail (in the U.S.--I have no idea for the rest of the world). It's the cheapest way to ship books and CDs, but it's also the slowest. The year I first joined my CDs arrived fairly quickly, but last year they took over a month.

The biggest problem I had with merchandise is that they put the tracking number for my order on the cheapest item, then had no way of tracking where my shirt was even after it didn't arrive for another week. Reliable shipping shouldn't be a luxury, or something, as kennerado said with using express mail, that we should have to pay extra to get.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I ordered one of the JT lithographs on December 18th. After a month, I had resigned myself to not receiving it. Then on January 23rd, it miraculously arrived. They actually sent the right one and it looks fine, they had packed it in a huge sturdy cylinder. I was shocked.

ramblin rose said:

I ordered one of the JT lithographs on December 18th. After a month, I had resigned myself to not receiving it. Then on January 23rd, it miraculously arrived. They actually sent the right one and it looks fine, they had packed it in a huge sturdy cylinder. I was shocked.

Yeah, and that cylinder I thought was way too big for it so it obviously moved around a lot during shipping. I have little rips in the bottom edge of mine, but they can be hidden after being framed...I hope...it better.

...idiots.

I cannot speak for other countries, but I can tell you my experience in the U.S.

I resubscribed even before U2.com sent me their annual reminder. I made my purchase on Dec. 5, 2007. I thought I was one of the earlier people to renew. Apparently, I was wrong. :sexywink:

The holidays came and went with nary an update to my account. I sent several e-mails with no replies. All of my e-mails were polite, respectful and considerate - I figured that they were probably inundated with renewal requests. Still, no reply.

Around Jan. 8th or so, I called. Again, I was courteous and understanding. And I spoke to a wonderful lady at Fanfire. She stated that there were over 30,000 resubscriptions/subscriptions! I didn't ask if this was just the U.S. or worldwide, but my belief was that she just meant the U.S. She stated the response was far stronger than anticipated - and they actually had to wait until more CD's were produced! She kindly told me that as soon as they get in another shipment, the items would be sent.

Per U2.com, the order was shipped on Jan. 15th. I hadn't noticed though as I had stopped checking by then as she said it could take another month or two! The package, with my T-shirt and CD, arrived on the 28th.

Bottom line, they will send the items.

I stated once before that U2.com hasn't let me down. Maybe my expectations aren't up there - maybe I'm not expecting to get into the heart or oval every tour. Maybe I'm not expecting to get tickets to every show. Maybe I accept that delays occur. But I have been satisified with their overall service. No, not as speedy as I hope and sometimes I don't quite get what I want, but they have delivered. I have received some great seats and tickets and all of my subscription items.

Be patient - they will come. And do continue to expect delays as they produce more of these CD's. I guess it's our fault for loving such a popular band. :D

Last edited:
Allegra said:
Huh, so basically Fanfire is not prepared??? They've been doing this now for how many years? Don't they know how many members are online?

:tsk:

I think the renewal or new subscriptions caught them by surprise. They probably have estimated how many renewals there would be based on past results (allowing for those who choose not to renew) and new subscriptions and planned accordingly. But perhaps this year there was just a big push for subscriptions. Perhaps people loved the free items or perhaps people were subscribing in anticipation of a new album or tour.

I don't think FanFire makes the CD's - so they too are at the mercy of another company.

I know I sound like I'm defending them. They have made mistakes. The online world has as many problems as the real world - after all, real people control the online world. ;) But I think they are working hard to fulfill the orders.

If it has been quite a while since you renewed, I would call them, with a VERY courteous voice, providing all the information you can. And just gently ask when they think the items will arrive. I was once abrupt and annoyed too (with an order) and felt bad afterward when not only did I speak with a wonderful person from Ireland, but the items came in just as expected. So they have earned my trust and respect. Just give them time to deliver.

Fanfire is really pissing me off. I have 3 different outstanding items (not including the U2.com membership renewal) that I have been waiting for almost 10 weeks now. I have sent them about 3 e-mails, guess I should give them a call.

Allegra said:

Yeah, and that cylinder I thought was way too big for it so it obviously moved around a lot during shipping. I have little rips in the bottom edge of mine, but they can be hidden after being framed...I hope...it better.

...idiots.

This huge cylinder lets the unprotected lithograph slide from one end to the other end during transit. My lithograph suffered for it dearly. A crumple and long crease occured on a corner. I thought it could be hidden in the frame, but no luck. A replacement came in the same shipping method. Less damage, but no certificate. :(

Oh, one more thing.
Re-upped Nov.20th/Charged early Dec./Still no package.

Same thing as last year. That one took forever to fix.

Last edited:
I've only bought from them twice, the first time was a total disaster and the second went fine. The first time I ordered one tour shirt and I kinda wanted it bad so I paid extra for "2 day" shipping. Now in my world, "2 day" shipping means my order will go out the following business day and be received two business days after that. So I wait a week and never even get a confirmation that the order shipped and I contact them. The girl responds with "2 day shipping means you will receive the item 2 days after it ships, and it hasn't shipped yet." So I paid extra for it to sit in the warehouse for a week before it was shipped?!?!

A few months ago I ordered 4 of the shirts with the wrong dates and they came within a week or so. My friend did the same and she never even got a confirmation e-mail for her order (and she is a member so her correct contact info is on file). It took weeks for her to receive her order. She was mainly peeved b/c she never received a confirmation so she didn't know if the order even went through.

I don't buy their excuses about the warehouse being busy or there being so many fans. Sorry. Think of all the business Amazon.com does. I've ordered from Amazon, flat rate ground shipping, and received my items within 2 days and they don't complain. I also order a lot of special items like handmade dog collars, custom engraved dog ID tags, etc and it takes these people less time to MAKE my item and ship it than it does for FanFire to confirm an order.

Liesje said:

I don't buy their excuses about the warehouse being busy or there being so many fans. Sorry. Think of all the business Amazon.com does. I've ordered from Amazon, flat rate ground shipping, and received my items within 2 days and they don't complain. I also order a lot of special items like handmade dog collars, custom engraved dog ID tags, etc and it takes these people less time to MAKE my item and ship it than it does for FanFire to confirm an order.

AMEN!

Hmmm...I guess I need to call them to let them know that my limited edition litho has some minor damage. I thought I'd be shit out of luck because it is a limited edition.

Allegra said:
Just called them...they are going to send me a new one.

I hope this comes to you in better shape and with a proper certificate.

Just an aside note:

My original Zabriskie Point litho, ordered on the first day these were available, was 484/500. My replacement Zabriskie Point litho is 180/500. :ohmy:
You'd think they would send these out in proper numerical order. What is up with that? Not complaining about this lucky result.

Roland of Gilead said:

I hope this comes to you in better shape and with a proper certificate.

Just an aside note:

My original Zabriskie Point litho, ordered on the first day these were available, was 484/500. My replacement Zabriskie Point litho is 180/500. :ohmy:
You'd think they would send these out in proper numerical order. What is up with that? Not complaining about this lucky result.

Interesting. I got mine back around Christmas...really fast shipment after ordering the last weekend of November...anyway, my number is like in the 170's. So I'm not understanding the numbering either.

senrab said:
Fanfire is really pissing me off. I have 3 different outstanding items (not including the U2.com membership renewal) that I have been waiting for almost 10 weeks now. I have sent them about 3 e-mails, guess I should give them a call.

you need to get involved in this writing campaign that allerga posted. Also emailing them doesn't do squat. Plan on getting the run around/different stories from different people when you call them.. I would threaten them in saying you will report them to the Better Business Bureau (they have quite a few complaints against them already if you look them up there under Signature Networks, they run it) One thing tho you got to put ur foot down and talk to a supevisor not that it will be much help. All I can tell you is that you are one of many people who are still waiting on their stuff. So writing to PM, the more of us that do it the better our chances are to getting some changes will be made.

U2 needs to drop these guys and fast. Nothing but trouble. Several other fanclubs use them and have the same problems (Ozzy Osbourne, John Mellencamp for example).

Based on everyone's responses here, I won't be ordering a lithograph. I have a wall in my apartment I was saving it for, but I don't have the patience to deal with spending that much money on something that will likely arrived less than perfect. I think I'll just wait and bid on some prints in the African Well Fund auction, or--gasp--find something non-U2 to fill that wall.

I still have my 25% off coupon, though. Can anyone tell me if I can put that toward my renewal? I've only got a week left to renew.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Based on everyone's responses here, I won't be ordering a lithograph. I have a wall in my apartment I was saving it for, but I don't have the patience to deal with spending that much money on something that will likely arrived less than perfect. I think I'll just wait and bid on some prints in the African Well Fund auction, or--gasp--find something non-U2 to fill that wall.

I still have my 25% off coupon, though. Can anyone tell me if I can put that toward my renewal? I've only got a week left to renew.

As long as it is a valid coupon, absolutely.

I don't blame you wanting to avoid the lithographs. My intention was to order 2. Zabriskie Point and the Back Cover. I would of ordered the Back Cover by now (by end of Jan). I even had the wife's permission. :wink:
But the condition of the replacement not being mint ( like not having any tiny dents on the edges) and the missing certificate (hopefully, the operator fixed it), I backed off. It is upsetting really. I love this era and these pics. It is a shame that these are getting damaged in transport. It is mind blowing really. I'm getting pissed just typing this. Who places these lithographs uncovered, unprotected, and exposed into a massive cylinder with room to slide a good 4-5 inches from one end to the other end to get shipped?!?!?! This is absolutely nuts! I would of gladly paid more for shipping to know that the print got sent sealed and protected in a solid (thick) flat method.
This is screwed.

You'd think they'd realize that the second one of those lithographs is rolled up, it's no longer in mint condition. Nevermind what happens to it in transit. I definitely agree with Liesje, though--we shouldn't have to wonder whether items will take forever to arrive or will arrived damage. Big warehouse retailers do it all the time. Amazon's shipping is usually very good, and the only times I've ever had a problem, their customer service has been fantastic. If Fanfire can't ship items responsibly, it shouldn't be doing what it's doing.

And you know what I realized? There's a surge in memberships right now because of the speculation of the new album coming out in October. I'm sure scalpers are joining so they can try to get presale codes. :madspit:

I don't even want to think about presales with the way things are right now. If they say member #400,000 is going to be getting the same presale priority as member #1,000, then we are then we have a big mess coming our way.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
My coupon expired Saturday :scream:

Sorry to hear. Still though, it is pretty cheap to renew with the normal discount you get for renewing. I believe the regular price of a new membership went up this year. $45? In the world of online official fanclubs, that isn't too bad of a price in itself.

after reading this thread I decided to check the condition of the second litho I ordered . Good thing , when it came I just removed the lid , to make sure it wasnt a empty tube but never took it out .
They sent the wrong one , I ordered inner liner and was sent back cover . called Fanfare they said they will be sending the inner liner , keeping fingers crossed .

I have had some problems in the passed with orders , but when I have Fanfare has always corrected any errors .

u2trinity said:
after reading this thread I decided to check the condition of the second litho I ordered . Good thing , when it came I just removed the lid , to make sure it wasnt a empty tube but never took it out .
They sent the wrong one , I ordered inner liner and was sent back cover . called Fanfare they said they will be sending the inner liner , keeping fingers crossed .

I have had some problems in the passed with orders , but when I have Fanfare has always corrected any errors .

:hmm:

Let me know if you want to sell that Back Cover.

Back
Top Bottom