Have You Met Fellow U2 Fans On Tour? We Want to Hear About It!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Hey all,

For those of you who have met up with fellow U2 fans/Interferencers over the course of the Vertigo Tour, we'd like to hear your stories! How long have you known the people you met up with, where did you hang out, what did you talk about, etc...

We're working on a story about this right now, but we need your help! Let's make this piece fun!

Email me with your stories here: carrie@interference.com.

Thanks so much! :wave:

I met some interferencers on the tour, didn't really like them. You can quote that for the story if you want.

I met my Danish U2 internetpal outside the Parken stadium on the day of the concert. We met on u2.com Zootopia pages when I was trying to buy tickets to U2s Copenhagen gig and trying to make sense of the online fiasko and the Danish language!? :crazy: (I'm from Finland, by the way. ) I was trying to find some information and her nick name caught my eye i.e. Greenleaf. So I left her a personal message asking her was that Greenleaf as in Legolas. And she replied that yes it was, (my nick name on u2.com is Celebrian, if anyones interested!?) so, not only are we both U2 fans but also fans of JRR Tolkiens novels i.e. the author of The Lord of the Rings, for those of you who are not familiar with the name.:cute:
Well. we started to write to each other and eventually when U2 came to Europe we argeed we would try to meet up, but living in Aarhus, Greenleaf wouldn't be coming to Copenhagen until the day of the concert, and I was going to the concert with my penpal Nienor (as she's known on u2.com) and as soon as we got to the stadium, I called Greenleaf up on her cellphone, we'd already the previous day.i.e. Saturday, been sending each other text messages me telling her about meeting Bono and Edge outside their hotel, she had GA tickets and was standing outside gate B13 and we spotted each other and it was all hellos and hugs and I showed her the HTDAAB book that both Bono and Edge autograghed and we spent a very pleasent 45 minutes together. But we had to say our Good Byes coz me and Nienor had to find our own gate and it was only half an hour to go 'till the doors opened! I've met other U2 fans before and many of whom I'm still friends with i.e. Nienor who met for the first time in 1997 on the train down to Helsinki to see U2.:hug: There's also my friend Eija who I met when we went to see U2 in Stockholm back in 1993 and then there's a fellow interference U2 fan Jessica from Canada who actually introduce me to this site and who I met up with in Dublin in 1997 when we went to see U2 in at Lansdowne.:wave: Hello Jess!

Last edited:
ruffian said:

I know :sad: And we all talked about how cute he was afterwards too :shh:.

Anyway, there was the time after the first show when I suggested to ramblin rose that we wait out by the gate with fewer people and maybe we would have a better chance of meeting one of U2. I was wrong (sorry rose :reject: ), but someone else there said that they thought Edge was in one of the cars that drove by, and we decided it might be "fake Edge." :lol:

Well, I guess you had to be there :shifty:.

Last edited:
Chiz :down:

:madspit:

fake edge...is he back? i missed the drama of that when it happened but it's become interference folklore.

hey, lets all shun chizzer on the third leg! :hyper:

I saw Chizip in the GA line, didnt want to meet him because I figured we would have a confrontation about setlist bitching! :|

:laugh:

Violence32.gif

Chizip is only pretends to be crabby. we know he's all warm and cuddly under that gruff exterior.

We tease because we love, Chizman. :up:

OK let's keep this on topic here.

If any of you have stories you'd like to share, please email me. Thanks!

Sorry about the detour :reject:

I met lots of interferencers on the first leg and second leg, and found it really amazing what a small world Interland is! Miroslava and I met in Chicago and then later in the summer I was walking down the street in Dublin and heard my name called--crazy! Same thing happened in Glasgow. I was in the GA pretty early in the morning and Ewen happened to be sitting just a few feet from me, as well as some fans (the girls in Exit, the band) I met at the opener. I know I'll forget many names, but here are a few I've met up with:

Chizip
Allidreamsoutloud
Harlequinn (she doesn't post often)
*Ally*
WildHoney
Neutral
KBRY
ramblin rose
kellyahern
Susanpc
TanUK
Miroslava
U2Girl1978
Diamond
Eliv8
JesseU2
Starsgoblue
EPandAmerica
Ewen
ladywithspinninghead
Super Fan
Learn2Kneel

I'm looking forward to meeting others of you on the third leg!

Wow Ruff :shocked:

That's a lot of interferencers....

So far i've meet up with

Bonoishot - London 1 & Dublin
SusanP6 - London 1 & 2
Ruffian - twice in London:hug:
Allidreamsoutloud - briefly at Euston Station

Me & Bonoishot are doing 5 gigs on 3rd leg and are hoping to meet up with loads more ....:shifty:

ruffian said:

I met lots of interferencers on the first leg and second leg, and found it really amazing what a small world Interland is! Miroslava and I met in Chicago and then later in the summer I was walking down the street in Dublin and heard my name called--crazy! Same thing happened in Glasgow. I was in the GA pretty early in the morning and Ewen happened to be sitting just a few feet from me, as well as some fans (the girls in Exit, the band) I met at the opener. I know I'll forget many names, but here are a few I've met up with:

Chizip
Allidreamsoutloud
*Ally*
WildHoney
Neutral
KBRY
ramblin rose
kellyahern
Susanpc
TanUK
Miroslava
U2Girl1978
Diamond
Eliv8
JesseU2
Starsgoblue
EPandAmerica
Ewen
ladywithspinninghead
Super Fan
Learn2Kneel

If you met Ladywithspinninghead, you must have met me too! We were together!

one4u2 said:

I appreciate the link, but I don't really have time necessarily to read through lists of names...I actually need/want to correspond with fans who have met over the boards and then met in real life and had a great bonding experience, etc together. Fans that can intimate the special connection that U2 fans have with each other, etc, etc.

tawanda said:

If you met Ladywithspinninghead, you must have met me too! We were together!
i probably did meet you. she was two people to my right on the rail at some show, but i can't remember which one! will you be in Toronto with her this time around?

ahem....!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :sad::reject:

what am i chopped liver? ..... :huh:

ruffian said:

Chizip
Allidreamsoutloud
*Ally*
WildHoney
Neutral
KBRY
ramblin rose
kellyahern
Susanpc
TanUK
Miroslava
U2Girl1978
Diamond
Eliv8
JesseU2
Starsgoblue
EPandAmerica
Ewen
ladywithspinninghead
Super Fan
Learn2Kneel

:reject: i forgot so many people from San Diego...but we aren't supposed to be making lists anyway. :shh:

:hug: sorry hon!

HelloAngel said:

I appreciate the link, but I don't really have time necessarily to read through lists of names...I actually need/want to correspond with fans who have met over the boards and then met in real life and had a great bonding experience, etc together. Fans that can intimate the special connection that U2 fans have with each other, etc, etc.
You mean fans who've been doing the horizontol folk dancing, don't you???:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom