Have you ever seen a ghost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_england

The Fly
I have - well I think so.

When I was about 12 I was running up the stairs when a man in white ran right across my path :eek:

Anyway, since then I've always been a 'kind of' believer, but a sceptic too because a ghost has never been properly filmed (a few photos, but they always look crappy or fixed) and the fact that the people who investigate these things are always a bit odd themselves.

Hmmmmm...

Havent ever seen a ghost...however when I was in high school sleeping in the mountains with a bunch of friends we did see a UFO....it was this bluish-white thing hovering lingering in the sky and I swear it scared the shit out of those of us that weren't sleeping yet and saw it... we actually ran to a nearby house and told them about it :lol: they thought we had lost our minds or were on serious drugs :laugh:

And.... last year my friend stayed at a hotel in London called Claridges and she swears she was in the shower and she saw a ghost in the bathroom! So I don't know... I think I am a sort-of believer in these things.... you never know!

Never seen one, but we've had strange things happen in our house and to people in my family that we can't explain. A couple of things have been scary, but for the most part they've just served to confirm that there's something beyond death.

For example, when my 21 year old cousin was murdered, we were very sad for his death, and most of all we really wanted to know that he was in a better place. There is a framed picture of my cousin on a bookcase in my house, and the whole week following his death a little bird would come and stand on the frame and just chirp and hop around. It would stay for a couple of minutes every day during that week and it did exactly the same thing. It had never happened before and it's never happened since. But we saw it as a sign from God to let us know that my cousin was with him. :cute:

The place where I work is romoured to be haunted, but I've never seen or heard anything. My boss and co-workers who've had to work late all alone have had doors close and open by themselves, pots with huge plants turned over without explanation... and some have even heard voices... :uhoh: Needless to say, I never ever stay late if no one else is staying!

I haven't seen one, but I have heard some :yikes: and had some unexplained phenomenon occur :faint:

I'm sorry about your cousin Flaming June :( :hug: What a sweet story :cute: :angel: I have had things happen too that made me believe in life on the other side:)

Last edited:
I have not, but my sister has. In the house we grew up in, my two sisters and I each had a bedroom in the basement. A hallway connected two of the rooms and a bathroom. One night my sister got up to use the bathroom and in the hallway saw a girl. At first she thought it was me, so she said something like, "Jennifer, what are you doing up?" The girl said nothing, so she asked again what I was doing. When the girl did not respond, my sister reached out her hand to touch who she thought was me, to get my attention and get me to say something. Her hand went right through the girl. My sister says the girl then leaned forward, looked at her for a moment, leaned back, and disappeared.

My high school boyfriend also had a ghost in his house. Both he and his mother saw it from time to time. It was a child, a boy, and he seemed always to want attention because he would slam doors, drop things, and generally cause lots of racket when he was around. Several times my boyfriend's mother woke and saw the child standing next to her at the side of the bed. She was very no nonsense about the whole thing and would tell the child to please stop making so much noise or please don't wake her up while she's sleeping.

U2Kitten said:
I'm sorry about your cousin Flaming June :( :hug: What a sweet story :cute: :angel: I have had things happen too that made me believe in life on the other side:)

Thanks U2Kitten! :hug: It's so good to know that we're going to see our loved ones again someday. :happy:

I did not see this ghost but she is a very quick typer and I heard her going away on the computer one day. I work in a building that used to be a funeral home and there are two ghosts here. A young boy named Jamal and an older women (not related). We have a psycic guy come in. Anywho, I figure the woman must have been the secretary here when it was a funeral home. We also have a cemetary directly on the side of the building. We were thinking that maybe this building was built over graves like in Poltergeist!

My girlfriend sees a ghost every time she uses the bathroom after me. I know because she gets so scared she runs out fast as she can while screaming.

I've never seen one but we once lived in a home that a priest actually walked through and verified another source as sharing it...I have a story that would make your hair curl, another time in a journal... :|

I'll let him tell the story but I was with the priest when he pointed out all the places in the house where he felt paranormal activity...they were the exact places where several people in our family AND the family who lived there before us had encounters with something or someone not of this earth :|

The priest knew nothing ahead of time, other than the fact that no one was comfortable living in that house. He said he would doubly bless any unusual areas areas and that's exactly what he did.

I know some people will poo poo this as a bunch of baloney but I was there and I believe what I saw.

Long story, made longer...BAW and I have been together for a loooonnnng time! Before we had our own home or our own business, I worked for another PI in Anaheim, CA. He had several homes, one near the office which was in a good area, a 4-bedroom ranch style with pool and jacuzzi, garage; there was an enclosed attached patio that served as my office, it overlooked the pool and deck. The house was situated in a neighborhood where we would sit in the living room at night and from the couch, we could watch the fireworks at Disneyland....prior to moving in, the house had been lived in by other coworkers, who, upon learning that we were going to rent the place, did everything they could to talk us out of it. Said that house was strange, made noises, one actually told me that the place was possessed; I figured that these persons were kinda weird and just wanted out of the lease...anyway, for $1200 per month, it was a steal.

The pool needed work; my boss, the homeowner, agreed to have the pool emptied, reblasted and a deep bleach. I was told that once you start putting water in the pool that you could not turn the water off until the pool was full or else it would leave a bleach line that could be visible from outside the water.

The work was nearly done, we were going to move in during the next weekend. It was a hot August and we were to take possession right after Labor Day. I was there putting water in the pool, day and night. Mind you that this was not regular pool, it was Olympic size. nearly 40' long by 20' wide, diving board, the whole thing...The pool did not have automatic jets; the pool was filled by hoses. By my estimating, the pool was nearly full but would not be done until nearly 2 in the morning. I told Char that I would stay the night at Anaheim by myself so I could turn the water off without overflowing.

I went to the home during the evening; without furniture, I equipped myself with a 9" color TV, a pillow and sleeping bag. This house did not have air conditioning all the windows were wide open. I plugged in the TV in the family room and watched into the night; every hour I would get up to check the water level; it was still 80 degrees at midnight according to the outside Temperature gauge.

I had been watching late night TV and I admit I dozing off; not quite asleep but near. (I'm getting chilled as I write this as I relive the event!) It was nearly 2 a.m. and I'm nodding off...suddenly, the sound of the TV goes down; I'm then covered with the coldest air I've ever felt in my life! I'm now wide awake just in time to look to my left and see the patio door swing open and then slam shut all within a split second! Just as quick, the cold air has diminished; its now stiffling hot in the house!

I run after what I suspect was "something" that I can't see; I reach the door and open it in time to see a direct line of water ripple across the top of the pool in a straight line toward the rear yard; footsteps on the water but from what???????

There was no wind, it was still very warm outside and the cold air inside the house could not be explained. I didn't really see any images or ghost-like white color but I could see a blur of something....

Scared shitless, I immediately turn to see that the TV sound is back up but louder than before. I called Char and told her that I was coming home; she asked if the pool was finished and I told her that it was but I NEVER mentioned the incident until later...here's what happened...

I kept this story to myself; hell, no one was going to believe me.. our master bedroom was in a part of the house that over looked the pool from opposite the patio; it had a bathroom with shower that was adjacent to the pool.

It was the first weekend that we had moved in, 3 days following the prior event. We were lying in bed, just talking (I swear!). I laid out the foundation; "do you think this house is haunted like they said?" She said that she had some weird feelings but nothing that she knew for sure. We hugged, laughed and giggled for a few moments. I then said something stupid like, "well, what ever is here hasn't shown itself!" THE FUCKEN TOILET FLUSHES BY ITSELF!!!

All we could do is look at each other and cover up with the blanket.....over the next several months, a lot of things happened; we reckoned with the fact that the place was occupied by "something" but so far, no one had been hurt, nothing was missing; we figured it might be a good spirit; my mom had passed away two years before, maybe it was her...(I love you MOM!)

A reason that we thought it was my mom was due to the fact that our now-16 year old, Daniel, was born on the day that my mother passed away; Char and I did not know each other then but we figured it was my mother (she had seen the two of us share our own separate heartaches with prior spouses, so it made sense that she would bring us together; at least that's what we told ourselves!!)

Since that first weekend, we heard footsteps throughout the house near the boys room; we had the laundry room door close and shut for no apparent reasons, and the trash cans were always turned around facing the wrong back wall...

Eight months later, we moved. Since that time, the entire family confesses to seeing "something moving here and there" but we don't feel threatened....Char and I have lost persons very near and dear to each of us and we have each other..its our faith that keeps us telling each other that its a very nice spirit, my mom, her dad, my aunts/uncles, her grandpa,,we don't know for sure but he, she, they visit us occassionally. :)

Last edited:
Many years ago, the bank I worked at had an underground walkway / tunnel that connected two buildings. As I was walking through one day, a lady nearly walked right in to me and I had to jump to the side so she wouldn't. I said excuse me and when she didn't reply I turned to look, and no one was there. A couple of weeks later, I was in the restroom in this same walkway and as I was washing my hands I could see someone from my side vision, thought it was strange that I didn't hear anyone come in, so again when I turned to look there was no one. :|
That is the only time that I have seen a "ghost" with my eyes. There have been plenty of times though when I feel a presense. Just a couple of weeks ago at an estate sale of a woman that was a member of a prominet well known family, I walked in to the kitchen, and felt something blocking me and my mind was screaming for me to turn around and run. I didn't want to make a fool of myself, so I just took a deep breath and went to other rooms in the house then came back to the kitchen last.
I didn't feel the feeling again, and I bought a few items and left. I told my best friend about it, because I always tell her :wink: (she knows that I feel things or know things about her before they happen) anyway after telling the story my friend, told me that the woman that lived in that house had died in the house of an overdose that was purposely taken. :eek:

:ohmy: no, i haven't but my niece told my sister-in-law that '..she's ok now(her GrandFather wholm we all loved and miss, passed away suddenly of a heart attack.)since Grandpa talked to her and told her not to be afraid to go into his bedroom anymore..'! Freaked my SIL out since my niece wouldn't go near that bedroom afterward he passed away!! I wouldn't go looking for any myself tho!:ohmy:

I am confident that "ghosts" or some entity exists... or atleast that there is a spiritual realm, and it influences our lives. Believers pray to God, and he reveals himself... you can tap into all sorts of spiritual bodies--it's not necessarily "haunting" until you use it for harm, IMO (these psychic networks for example... or OUIJI boards however it's spelled). It's quite possible that the natural and the supernatural may co-exist on similar dimensions and occasionally cross paths. This is so strange because I just finished a conversation about ten minutes ago with my sister-in-law on this subject. She has had some wild things happen to her when she was curious about the supernatural and started playing with the Ouiji... the stories are pretty spine-tingling! I just assume stay away from such things.

Back
Top Bottom