Have you ever got bored by U2 – and Interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not and have never been a "rapid fan", my world does not evolve around U2 and I'm having a life besides them and the fan community. I have so much more to care about in my life. But I love U2 as my favourite band, their music is like a home for me. I enjoy their music and shows, I share their philosophy, I'm interested in them as human beings, and I really like to hang out on this board, even if the negativity gets too much sometimes. I don't feel U2 owe me anything, I'm just grateful that they are in the world and that I live in their times. And if I should ever get "bored", I certainly won't blame the band for it. I'll find myself other stuff to do and deal with, life has so much to offer. People who tend to get annoyed, bored or fed up with U2 should go and get a life, really.

I listen them less frequently, but I never get bored of them.

Obviously, when they are most active keeps me much more interested ..

There's people who has been following them many years ... it's imposible to think that they could listening them 24 hours and every day..

Last edited:
last unicorn said:
I am not and have never been a "rapid fan", my world does not evolve around U2 and I'm having a life besides them and the fan community. I have so much more to care about in my life. But I love U2 as my favourite band, their music is like a home for me. I enjoy their music and shows, I share their philosophy, I'm interested in them as human beings, and I really like to hang out on this board, even if the negativity gets too much sometimes. I don't feel U2 owe me anything, I'm just grateful that they are in the world and that I live in their times. And if I should ever get "bored", I certainly won't blame the band for it. I'll find myself other stuff to do and deal with, life has so much to offer. People who tend to get annoyed, bored or fed up with U2 should go and get a life, really.

:applaud: ..

It's also important to remember it's been a while since we've had any exciting U2 events to discuss. The same threads sit on page one of this forum for days and weeks on end. When the album is looming....the cycle will begin again....and then the tour, the videos, etc...

What are we going to do when they retire?

Nate Dogg said:
It's also important to remember it's been a while since we've had any exciting U2 events to discuss. The same threads sit on page one of this forum for days and weeks on end. When the album is looming....the cycle will begin again....and then the tour, the videos, etc...

I haven't really been here long enough to recognize the recent change in interference or the phases that the forum goes through, but I've enjoyed the forum very much so far, and apparently it gets better :D

Rob33 said:

I haven't really been here long enough to recognize the recent change in interference or the phases that the forum goes through, but I've enjoyed the forum very much so far, and apparently it gets better :D

this place is electric in the run up to the album and the first few nights of the tour! everytime you log in there's a new page of threads!!!!

last unicorn said:
I am not and have never been a "rapid fan", ...People who tend to get annoyed, bored or fed up with U2 should go and get a life, really.

Apart from judging (again), how people who are not feeling like you regarding U2 should behave, I really appreciate, that you responded ...:wink:

Sicy said:
I get bored by U2, I go in and out of phases. Mostly out when they're not doing anything, but I cant get bored of interference. Well I can, but it doesnt happen too often. Most people here spend all their time in the other forums while U2 is on break.

Yes, I'm like Sicy in this regard. Right now I'm laying low with the U2 stuff. In July when the remasters come out I'll be riding on high on U2 and come Sept/Oct when they bust out a new single and new album hype starts I'll be :hyper: for U2...:up:

Yeah, I get bored, but I like those moments, cause I get to fall in love with a different band during that time

Helloooo Bruce

And yeah, I got real bored with Interference for a while, but I'm back now :D

I'm not bored with U2. I still play their music a lot. I'm just not obssessed with them anymore. And that's a good thing!

I am a little bored with Interference. I only check in once a day, instead of two or three times a day. Even the non-U2 parts of Interference are beginning to bore me.

I'm bored with U2 right now. I will revive my interest in them when the new album comes out. But I still consider U2 to be my all time favorite band.

Sometimes I get bored with Interference. Especially when things over in FYM are repetitive.

the recent new u2 albums bored me to death.
i can only listen to 3 songs off atyclb and htdaab. hope they make something interesting soon.
i still listen to their older stuff everyday.

last unicorn said:
you win the thread.

Eazy-V said:

you win the thread.

Guess, you want to express, you feel the same.:eyebrow: Because here there are no winners as there are no losers – it's just about sharing and respecting everybody's opinion. So: You really never get bored with U2 or Interference?

ZOOTVTOURist said:

- Bored by U2 in general?
- Bored by a certain phase or performance?
- Bored by the hype surrounding them?
- Bored by communities likes this here?

No. Like others said, sometimes I listen to them more, sometimes less.

Yes.

Yes.

Sometimes, not the community itself but certain comments.

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Guess, you want to express, you feel the same.:eyebrow: Because here there are no winners as there are no losers – it's just about sharing and respecting everybody's opinion. So: You really never get bored with U2 or Interference?
I was expressing I feel the same way. And yes, there is a winner. last unicorn is the winner, as am I for feeling the same way.

after being on a major u2 kick for several years, i'm finally on a break. i've been focusing on other bands in the last several months, which is fun.

as for interference, yeah, it's pretty boring right now---there really hasn't been much that i've felt a need to post in...i'm probably averaging less than one a week.

i didnt listen to there stuf for about 5 months in late 2007 early 08 untill i downloaded some bootlegs and bought the popmart dvd:drool:

Back
Top Bottom