Have U2's 21st century releases done irreparable damage to their legacy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SA is one of RHCP's best records. I mean Rubin is not the right producer for U2 and I don't agree with what he said, but SA is so good. IMO.

Agree to disagree. It would be good if it were 12 songs, but one of their best? Not touching the golden early run from Freaky Styley to Blood Sugar nor the two Frusciante records that immediately preceded it. Glad he’s back in the fold, though.

Frusciante, that is.

The Anaheim Duck's got nothing on the Melbourne Donko.

mens-donkey-costume.jpg

One of my students caught me looking at Achtung Baby 30 merch (truly a shameful act) and immediately brought up the Apple debacle. There wasn't even much of a followup discussion to provoke that, he was just like "Hey, remember that time they put their albums on our phones and we couldn't delete it? That sucked."

I'm pretty mad about the pandemic, anti-vaxxers specifically, but I am FURIOUS about the time U2 put an album on my phone!

I was in a workshop with some Year 9 boys last week and I mentioned winning a quiz show from loving U2 and one of the teachers brought up the iPhone thing.

Mark on twitter’s opinion with his 10 retweets is about as powerful as when migraine man tried to say Twitter indicated the youngs even know who U2 is

The people who experienced it have dug a line in the sand. U2 will never be cool to them unless Bono finds his way to Twitter and posts dank memes and shits on the bad guys.

Mark has started a revolution.

Mark on twitter’s opinion with his 10 retweets is about as powerful as when migraine man tried to say Twitter indicated the youngs even know who U2 is

The people who experienced it have dug a line in the sand. U2 will never be cool to them unless Bono finds his way to Twitter and posts dank memes and shits on the bad guys.
No you're right people are totally cool with it now. I saw a youth walking down the street the other day wearing a shirt with naked Larry's son on it bopping their head to Reach Around.

I asked the youth if he knew that Twitter doesn't like the album because of its release and he was like "uhhh what's Twitter?"

I saw a youth walking down the street the other day wearing a shirt with naked Larry's son on it bopping their head to Reach Around.

I saw a U2 sticker on minivan
A little voice inside my head said,
“Bend at the knees or you’ll pull out your back.”

No you're right people are totally cool with it now. I saw a youth walking down the street the other day wearing a shirt with naked Larry's son on it bopping their head to Reach Around.

I asked the youth if he knew that Twitter doesn't like the album because of its release and he was like "uhhh what's Twitter?"

You got it all wrong. They don’t know what album you’re talking about, gramps.

Was this at the hipster coffee shop in your neighborhood?

After a few beers and a few bowls, I've come up with the most stupendous idea ever. A support group for all of the people who were wronged by U2 when they slipped their album into their unsuspecting musical libraries. This way the healing and the forgiveness can begin.

Back
Top Bottom