Has anyone seen Bono lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any more information on this Nashville thing?? I am in Nashville right now and would love to go on an adventure?? Any info?

Last edited:
monaco2-1.jpg

monaco.jpg

m11.jpg

m10.jpg

m9.jpg
m8.jpg

m7.jpg

m6.jpg
m4.jpg
monaco2.jpg

That's Prince Albert of Monaco???!!!! :huh: What was the event that they were both at?

And will someone PLEASE get Ali some decent shoes? :mad: Gorgeous dress, awful shoes. Look, Ali give me the cash, I volunteer to go to Manolo Blahnik and get you some proper footwear. I'll go the extra mile and go to Louboutin and Jimmy Choo as well. :D

Jamila said:
Nightsong, you may be right but actually I have been to many other similar events like this where Bono attended and these events were sufficiently handled well as far as "crowd control".

I think that it was completely wrong of the conveners of this Conference to announce that Bono would be appearing and then basically go mum on whether or not he would be appearing.

I am involved in an organization that does humanitarian activities in Lesotho where Bono's organizations are very active.

I had wanted to go to this Convention IRREGARDLESS of whether Bono would be attending or not. But I was having some difficulty getting those days off work. Had I known that B was going to be there, I probably would have come down with mono or something to go. (smile)

I just found the way the people who put the whole Conference together was disingenuous and actually quite rude to the general public.

The connections that I wanted to make between our organizations have already been made so I'm just grateful for that. (thank you, b)

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I gave a lecture at the conference you are discussing, and I really don't think the organizer (a colleague of mine) was trying to be rude. He simply didn't have a firm refusal until the day the lecture was scheduled, and that information was shared with those of us who participated in the conference, albeit late. I don't know that he had an obligation to make that announcement to the media, and I'm sure he was frustrated that more people/media were calling about which celebrities would be appearing rather than asking what new research might be emerging on HIV/AIDS in Africa :shrug:

It was an amazing conference :up:

I'm very glad to hear the conference went so well! And kudos to you Ruffian for being one of the presenters! :up: :up: :up:
Are there any plans to publish the lectures or whitepapers online?

Jeannieco said:
JCOSTER said:
monaco2-1.jpg

Did anybody notice the dude in the background with orange face? Too much self tanner or something? He matches the color of Bono's shades. :reject:
Are they orange or amber?

:lol:

Too much carrot juice will turn you orange too, seriously! Have you ever seen someone who drinks too much carrot juice? They look exactly like that.

Bono and Ali look great tho!

corianderstem said:
Would it be awful of me to say that I really hate Ali's shoes?

No! I think they are awful too, don`t go with the dress and god knows how she manages to walk in them. I would break my ankle though I suppose she`s got Bono to hang on to for support!

Oh no, Bono's hand is again where it is not supposed to be. Seems he has taken on a new habit recently. Will he ever let go of it again? I hope we won't see that on stage when the tour is starting.

I :heart: this new trend of Bono in suits. Long may it continue.

Love Ali's dress. However, platform cork heels with a black dress? :crazy: Should have worn black heels.

Thanks for the pics from this weekend - Yahoo says the event occurred yesterday on Sat., 28 October.

I also want to say that I know the truth of my own life better than anyone here.

I stated the truth in my previous comments - whether it was what certain people wanted to hear or not.

If more people would focus on making their own lives happier, they would less time to try to tear down the happiness in other people's lives. :tsk:

I am VERY PLEASED with how certain areas of my life are progressing - and NOTHING that can be said or done here can deter or upset me.

Cattiness and pettiness only makes YOU look ridiculous.

:lmao:

Jamila said:
Thanks for the pics from this weekend - Yahoo says the event occurred yesterday on Sat., 28 October.

I also want to say that I know the truth of my own life better than anyone here.

I stated the truth in my previous comments - whether it was what certain people wanted to hear or not.

If more people would focus on making their own lives happier, they would less time to try to tear down the happiness in other people's lives. :tsk:

I am VERY PLEASED with how certain areas of my life are progressing - and NOTHING that can be said or done here can deter or upset me.

Cattiness and pettiness only makes YOU look ridiculous.

Now I`m really confused! I thought this was a Bono thread?

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom