Hackballscross, Ireland, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll all get to see it, trust me, but not enough people would see it here. It'll probably be up SOMEWHERE tonight.

Same answer as above.

Shit, I'd probably get a larger audience in Fan Fiction, but that would show me reaching a new low.

I could perhaps swing it as a Coldplay-related thing and fit it into B&C...
Quality over quantity, I say.
Can't wait to see it. :hyper:

FF is only for U2 fanfiction. I think. Sorry.

Damn.

Fine, I'll post it in EYKIW and get it over with. As Axver said, if it were a cartoon, it would have ended up there anyway, so I'll just bite the bullet, and if the mods eat each other alive trying to sort it out, great.

Yeah, if the cartoons themselves can stay in EYKIW, I don't see why the script would be moved.

oh yeah, i hear you. i went through periods like that too. i taught myself how to read at the age of three and was placed in a gifted program in school. but once we moved here, i just stopped caring about my grades. it wasn't until high school i started trying again, and that was only because i knew if i got good enough grades, i could get a full scholarship for the university here, which would be the only way i could've gone (aside from taking out huge student loans, of course). we can see how that turned out :rolleyes:
Mine weren't periods. Mine was my entire school career. I only did well in classes that interested me. English, Spanish, Gym, Sewing :barf: Gimme Trigonometry and Human Biology any day.

Yeah, if the cartoons themselves can stay in EYKIW, I don't see why the script would be moved.

Ax, help me come up with a title. So far, I've got:

"HAY GUYZ, DO YOU THINK COLDPLAY SOUNDS LIKE U2???"

and

"You know, in the right light, Chris Martin does sort of look like..."

Random question: Ax, is your favourite colour red? I don't know why this question floated into my brain, but without an answer, it's bugging me.

I'm not willing to make much of a judgement call for two reasons:
1. I can't make out most lyrics. They'll make or break it for me. If it's just more clunkers like the last two albums, the songs will suck.
2. The HTDAAB experience; from what we'd heard of Miracle Drug, we expected something with UF-esque atmosphere and didn't get it at all, so that's making me rather cautious in dealing with it.

That said, the first track seems pretty promising with the solo and all. I don't expect much from the second, which seems a bit disjointed and like another attempt at a radio hit. Third is probably just another forced rocker. Fourth is rather hard to tell, but like the first, I think it shows promise and that the band are spending a bit more time developing music and atmosphere compared to the last two albums.

That's how I feel, too. But I'm just on the other side of the pessimism line from you as I very clearly remember the HTDAAB leadup/hype.

Ax, help me come up with a title. So far, I've got:

"HAY GUYZ, DO YOU THINK COLDPLAY SOUNDS LIKE U2???"

and

"You know, in the right light, Chris Martin does sort of look like..."

You want my help for a title? I'm shit at titles! :laugh:

See, I probably would have just done something lame like "Scrapped U2/Coldplay Cartoon of Lulz" or "U2 and Coldplay walk into a thread ..."

Hey Kim! :wave:

Random question: Ax, is your favourite colour red? I don't know why this question floated into my brain, but without an answer, it's bugging me.

No, my favourite colour is yellow. :drool:

I had a fondness for red when I was little, though, so a number of sporting teams I support are red, e.g. Manchester United, Ferrari formula one (seems when I was little, this preference for red led me to winning teams!).

You want my help for a title? I'm shit at titles! :laugh:

See, I probably would have just done something lame like "Scrapped U2/Coldplay Cartoon of Lulz" or "U2 and Coldplay walk into a thread ..."
"U2 And Coldplay Colon Cartoon Script for Interwebz."

That's how I feel, too. But I'm just on the other side of the pessimism line from you as I very clearly remember the HTDAAB leadup/hype.

Yeah, I don't want to repeat the same mistakes from the HTDAAB lead-up. Some of what's happening on WTAHNN right now is absolutely hilarious, and people are just setting themselves up for disappointment/talking themselves into loving it no matter what. All I really want is something better than ATYCLB and HTDAAB, without dreadful lyrics. Honestly, if Bono would deliver on the lyrics front, the album will automatically be the best this decade. What happened to the guy who wrote Please and WUDM just a decade ago?

Hey Kim! :wave:

No, my favourite colour is yellow. :drool:

I had a fondness for red when I was little, though, so a number of sporting teams I support are red, e.g. Manchester United, Ferrari formula one (seems when I was little, this preference for red led me to winning teams!).
Ah,well, see, I knew there was a reason to associate you with red.

:hmm: I'm feeling some inspiration after Khans Ode....maybe after I drop Mr G down to the pub I'll drag out some CD's and make some more Odes up.....

On that note, after the tumbleweeds, I'm piking too.

Night guys! Happy b-day again Khan! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom