Grab a beer and describe....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^true guinness...wait i can have that anytime i want:drool:

^its pouring down outside, grey and cold....my favourite weather:hyper:

Yes i am being serious:D

Here's a question for our friends accross the Atlantic.....please answer truthfully.......I'm really interested on your opinion

< What is the perception of American people in your country....

:hmm:

< where i am people think americans have it all :yes:

< people here tend to think your president is a w***er

< people think you eat too much too :yes:

*not my opinion, just where i live :yes: *

Last edited:
Perception of Americans? Hard to say really, I can't say I've noticed a general opinion. There are people who are very critical and people who love America. Can't speak on behalf of the whole country :shrug:

^My own perception is pretty different from my friends...they think you are all stupid:|

I don't subscribe to believing the stereotype, as a nation i think you guys are like a teenager, the collective social conscious is sorta still young...as individuals, i generally love you guys...i know you are not idiots or ignorant completely of everything outside America...the Americans i know are all great people, intelligent and knowledgeable...you are not all war mongers, just like every Irish person is not a terrorist...etc

Many americans do eat too much and do act like teenagers:|

Lots of us are much better than that though :yes:

<has a jacket, socks and hot tea now

LJT said:
^My own perception is pretty different from my friends...they think you are all stupid:|

I don't subscribe to believing the stereotype, as a nation i think you guys are like a teenager, the collective social conscious is sorta still young...as individuals, i generally love you guys...i know you are not idiots or ignorant completely of everything outside America...the Americans i know are all great people, intelligent and knowledgeable...you are not all war mongers, just like every Irish person is not a terrorist...etc

Because we like U2... therefore, we are not the stereotypical Americans... :D

Seriously speaking, it is unfortunate, but in many cases I have seen the American stereotype not being completely unfounded. There are many, and I mean many, Americans who do not have a clue about what happens outside of the U.S. borders, who think that Buenos Aires means 'good morning' in Spanish and who believe that Rio de Janeiro is the capital of Argentina... oh, well.

^I know an English girl who thought Berlin was a country...do i think all English people are stupid...no

You get stupid people everywhere...people in Belfast think me going to uni in Bristol is like going to bloody Pluto...they can't understand it.

^when were you here last? (to Kat)

^^and bono_gal...your coming here?

^ i could be a tour guide:hyper:

<not a very good guide....tis what makes it fun:D

<Wants to go to Dublin also.

<Likes Irish accents:drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom