Gorman's Vertigo Tour Contribution Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timothius

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hopefully this doesn't get moved, as we are appreciating the actions of somone within the context of the tour.

Anyway, Gorman from day one (or day -1) has been doing some pretty amazing stuff to help those of us sitting at our desktops get closer to the tour. First it was pictures of the Vertigo Stage being created, and now video's of Walk On & The First Time DURING the concert.

Cheers & Appreciation to this pioneer of technology on this Vertigo Tour. :up:

Last edited:
Many Many THANKS! :bow: :bow: :bow:

zmisc0071.gif

you really made my night!!!! i can't thank you more for posting the video and pics. hopefully others will do the same.

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

I mean.. he was the man that got me her at 3 am listening through Winamp to the U2 SNL performance last year LIVE... I thought that was great...

and this... is just amazing... incredible...

Walk On... Yahweh up in the setlist... The first time...

Now I have to have the first 5 bootlegs of the 3rd Leg :angry:

If there were a Most Valuable Blue Crack Addict award, there'd be just no competing with Gorman for the crown.

It's been so exciting here for me, being on the receiving end of his messages and video from the show. Just when I thought Gorman couldn't top himself - 2004 SNL, first to YSI the HTDAAB leak, footage of the stage being set up in San Diego - he has gone totally above and beyond!

Having video before even the halfway point of the show is simply amazing!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow, I didn't expect this! You guys rock :)

Like you, I'd become a little tired of how long it's taken to get media from the shows. I was talking to axver last night, and it hit me that maybe there was a way that I could actually send video out of the United Center while the show was still going on. I knew the quality wouldn't be that great, but it seemed like it was worth a shot. Aside from the fact that I had to hold my cellphone (what I used to capture and send the video) over my head while the (pretty large in cell phone terms) files were sending to keep full reception, everything went really smoothly (I did get some odd looks though). Also, thankfully, I had juussttt enough battery and storage space on the phone to capture and send off those two songs. I wish I could have captured Discotheque, which was ridiculously good, but I was holding on to the remaining battery life and storage space in hopes that a new song would be played. Good thing it happened!

Posting the pictures was even easier. I have a program on my phone that uploaded them directly to my Flickr account. Video was a lot more fun though!

Tomorrow night I'll be taking along a larger memory card, and my phone will be fully charged. I'll still only probably send one or two videos while the show is still going on, but I'll post a lot more once I get back to my hotel room. I'll also be posting a ton of really high quality, and beautifully shot (thanks John!) photos as well.

So, photos are good, and video clips are better. However, come the St. Louis show in December, I think I'll have come up with a way to stream the audio of the entire show live. That's about the extent current technology will allow me to go, but here's hoping for streaming video from the next tour!

Thanks again for the thanks, it means a lot! I love doing this stuff, and I know how great it is to get new U2 media. I'm glad I can help out with that. I'll keep doing it whenever I get the chance!

On a side note, tonight's show was the best U2 show I've seen, hands down. I lucked out getting into the ellipse again (third time in a row!), which helped with the video, but also made the experience 10x better. I'm not sure how tomorrow's show will ever live up to tonight's, but if anyone can find a way, it's U2!

I could only manage to stay up til 5am...but you are great Gorman...thanks a million:bow:

gorman said:
So, photos are good, and video clips are better. However, come the St. Louis show in December, I think I'll have come up with a way to stream the audio of the entire show live. That's about the extent current technology will allow me to go, but here's hoping for streaming video from the next tour!

:ohmy:

You > Everything

gorman said:

I think if this happens, people will start to refer to you as "God" around here :drool:

{paintedroses} said:

I think if this happens, people will start to refer to you as "God" around here :drool:

i think Bono would contest that:wink:

Could one of the mods please change gorman's status from Refugee to God Part II?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom