God Part II and All Along The Watchtower live in Australia 1989

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Hi, I caught part of the U2 Video Timeslide today, during the Rattle and Hum era. Anyways, God Part II and Watchtower were great performances from a 1989 Love Town show and I was wondering if the entire concert was aired on tv or something, or on video?

Watchtower was great, I liked the mixed in images and stuff. Pretty powerful for the time.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Both are taken from the Australian Lovetown tour documentary. Direct TV aired the shortened version of the documentary during their U2 month that also contains Hawkmoon 269, All I Want Is You and When Love Comes To Town.

There was also a 2 hour version of the documentary that only aired in Australia. I have never seen it but I have heard it included Desire, Angel Of Harlem and a few other songs from the show. The show (which is 11-18-89 Sydney) was never aired in its entirety though. There is a rumor in the elitist circles that a full version does exist that was smuggled out by the documentary film crew (like the Denver 1987 soundboard was) but I have never run accross a person who actually claims to have it or even knew anyone that has it. Its to bad as it is regarded as one of U2's best shows of all time. The audience recording of it is one of my favorite U2 bootlegs.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 01-18-2002).]

Blue Room, I recall someone around here - maybe even you, saying that the New Years '89 show at the Point Depot was also filmed. Has it ever turned up that you know of?

It's too bad that the Lovetown stuff is so rare on video. The audio boots are (almost)always outstanding!

Man, LOVETOWN in my opinion was U2's best tour audio-wise jsut beacuse all the songs were great.
I'm really spewing now that i missed it.....prob cause i was only 4 at the time!
Anyway, they played 10 shows here in Sydney, and another 10 in Melbourne, plus about 9 others throughout Australia.......oh! The good ol' days! Too bad so many people missed it!
Bless you all.
WHYWHY

Yes, the 1989 Dublin New Years eve show was filmed. I have never heard of anyone that had it though. I have only seen the video footage of Where The Streets Have No Name from that show. Unfortunately the full video along with many other recordings and videos is safely locked up in the Principal Management vaults (or they are at Joe O'Herlihy's and Willie Williams homes!).

I guess we can only hope and wait!!!!

I recently discovered that a proshot video of the Stockholm 6/11/92 ("Dancing Zoo TV") show is now starting to circulate. Another one of the "Great shows" IMO.

I loved watching God Part II on MTV I had never ever seen it, the performance was damn energetic I was up and jumping around. It's too bad these traders don't share the joy. Especially for us fans that could've never gone to see them at that stage (I was uhm 7).

So Blue Room where do these elitists hang out? Maybe if we annoy them enough they'll cough up a copy
wink.gif

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

They dont advertise, trust me. I know a few of them and that is how I have an idea of what is out there. As I said, it is a rumor even in the elitist circles about the Sydney Lovetown recording. I have never actually heard of anyone who claimed to have it.

Blue Room, thx for the info.
I saw the DirectTV portion and God II was fantastic, however it was Hawkmoon 269 that alone was worth the price of admission
...simply incredible. Anyways, where can I get a good boot of the 11-18 show and is it complete? I've seen a couple things on New media but the sound quality has been suspect. Thanks for your research and help!!

I loved the begining part of God Part 2, when the camera was on Bono. But like the camera was blurry and Bono looked like he was dressed as an old preacher and his face was glowing.

It actually looked rather evil.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Only two traders I've dealt with had it, and they both were only trading it for very rare stuff. I have lots of stuff but unfortunately I had nothing they didn't already have so I couldn't get it. I can respect their position, if you have the rare stuff you can get the rare stuff. Once everyone has it you wont have any trading leverage. I'm sure with time it will become more common...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom