Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm very likely not having any because

A. I'm terrified of the responsibility.

B. My ovaries are half-broken.

I just can't stand young children, so it's not in my prospects. If they emerged around age ten I'd think about it, but yeah nah.

I just can't stand young children, so it's not in my prospects. If they emerged around age ten I'd think about it, but yeah nah.

Same. I'm cool with infants because they don't do much. Once they start walking and talking though.... then they are trouble. Then they eventually get to where you can have an actual conversation with them, and you don't have to watch them like a hawk because they've learned how not to kill themselves on household objects, and they're cool again.

Same. I'm cool with infants because they don't do much. Once they start walking and talking though.... then they are trouble. Then they eventually get to where you can have an actual conversation with them, and you don't have to watch them like a hawk because they've learned how not to kill themselves on household objects, and they're cool again.

I don't even like infants. Human young are uniformly ugly, on top of being useless and defenceless. Everybody says I'll change my tune if I ever have a kid, but that requires a lot of things to change or fall into place.

Frankly, I prefer my books. They don't shit their pants in the middle of the night.

Reason I want to teach teenagers? There we go.

I would say that I teach adults, but the way they behave...

Earlier today I was referring to some Masters coursework students as "the kiddies", then I realised the average age is almost certainly older than me.

Mine is ostensibly a professional account.

Then I discovered that Australian historians befuddle others worldwide by their propensity to shitpost.

The main thing mine's for is as a vehicle for architecture/design related things, I'm told that online activity is a good way to get connections to industry/be found by employers.

I'm not sure how much shitposting is recommended in these cases.

It seems a mixture of serious history and total nonsense was the way to get into Aussie academic Twitter. :lol:

I had a good school day. Got a full 50 points on my process speech, even though I got marked off a couple of points for eye contact and going over the time limit. Not gonna question why I still got full marks.

omg what have i missed in here.

ftr as someone with a vagina, i can't imagine not letting a sexual partner not know that i was on birth control, or that they'd not want to know before any penises got involved. i'm also on one of the most effective forms of birth control (i'm so glad i got an iud when i did lemme tell you*) there is, so at least i'm very, very unlikely to have mini khans for a while. it's a relief as i barely have time to take care of myself these days, let alone another human.

not just because of the political reasons — although it was very awesome not having to pay anything to get it done — but also because the side effects you can get from getting one done that are only supposed to last for a couple months? i had them for like a year. at least i wasn't working then and could just deal with
yeah, don't click on this if you're a dude and squirmish
absolutely horrible cramps and even heavier periods than i had when i was in high school and always had to miss a day of school, to the point where my mom worried i had endometriosis.

omg what have i missed in here.

ftr as someone with a vagina, i can't imagine not letting a sexual partner not know that i was on birth control, or that they'd not want to know before any penises got involved. i'm also on one of the most effective forms of birth control (i'm so glad i got an iud when i did lemme tell you*) there is, so at least i'm very, very unlikely to have mini khans for a while. it's a relief as i barely have time to take care of myself these days, let alone another human.

not just because of the political reasons — although it was very awesome not having to pay anything to get it done — but also because the side effects you can get from getting one done that are only supposed to last for a couple months? i had them for like a year. at least i wasn't working then and could just deal with
yeah, don't click on this if you're a dude and squirmish
absolutely horrible cramps and even heavier periods than i had when i was in high school and always had to miss a day of school, to the point where my mom worried i had endometriosis.

Other humans are 100% too much effort. I find it slightly crazy that five different people from my PhD cohort have now spawned (though only for four children, as two of them hooked up). I really don't know how anybody does academia while having kids. I don't recommend academia and I don't recommend kids. The two together strikes me as a recipe for disaster, or a descent into madness.

I have no gross stories, because I am a man and this appears to make life stupidly easy. See previous post re: how far you can go as an entirely mediocre white man. Seriously, that dude. He'll forever be my reference. If that fuckknobjockey can be lieutenant-governor of a British colony, I can fucking achieve whatever I like.

Back
Top Bottom