Glee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is why I could never be a fictional high school teacher on a Fox comedy. If Lea Michele was throwing herself at me, with that golden skin and those big brown eyes and full lips and incredible voice...I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

Great episode, though. No Sue Sylvester is always a bummer, but I got a kick out of Finn's cover of Girls Aloud's cover of The Pretenders. And the last song definitely brought a smile to my face. They're such good friends! And great singers!

Cory Monteith, who plays Finn, doesn't look older than 20, maybe 21 tops. I was really surprised that he's 27. And Mark Salling, Puck, is just hot as hell.:drool: I loved last week's episode.:heart: That scene where Quinn got thrown out of her house was so sad. And Kurt's crush on Finn is adorable.:cute::love:

Yeah, that was a good part. Imagine always makes me tear up anyways :love:

I can't believe we have to wait til April for more :sad:

I :heart: this show so much it hurts. I can't believe there's no Glee for almost 4 months after next week. Tonight's episode was so amazing. The confrontation scene between Will and Terri was so well-acted. I loved seeing her get what she deserved. I really hope he finds the courage to leave her because he deserves much better. *coughEmmacough*:cute: Sue was downright evil tonight, but Quinn stepping in to save the day was awesome. Also, why can't every teacher be like Will Schuster?:love:

ETA. I loved their version of "Smile". It almost made me tear up.

And is that Sophia Lauren in your avatar?

Yes. I love her. I love all the older actresses. They were so glamorous. She's in that new movie, Nine, that's coming out on Christmas, and it has a lot of other actress I love in it too, including my favorite, Nicole Kidman, so I'm way too excited.:hyper::reject:

I'm not loving Glee as much as I used to. In fact, I don't even know if I can explain why I like it! So many of the characters are just downright unlikable.

I don't even like Will, and am not rooting for him to get together with Emma. Teri is so unbelievably hateful a character (seriously, not one redeeming quality they've shown us), and it makes it look like the writers just have her there so we root for him to dump her for Emma. Yuck.

The only adult character I really like is Sue, which is weird, since she's so unlikable ... but at least they've given her more than just one, hateful side.

Even a lot of the main kids are basically unlikeable (with moments of likability), but I like them as a whole more than the adults.

And did you guys know that the gal who plays Brittany has been doing backup dancing for Beyonce? That blew my mind when I heard that this week. Apparently she's the blonde dancer in Bey's AMA performance of Single Ladies.

Great, great episode. On a show full of super campy moments, the whole mattress commercial Van Halen performance was maybe the campiest yet and I loved it.

It was nice seeing Will finally discover Terri's bullshit. And I don't think there's any doubt he will eventually leave her...they just might drag it out a little.

Got a kick out of Rachel and Finn doing Lily Allen. Lily is one of my fave pop stars, although she's still bigger over in the UK than in the States. I've been reading about how artists who have had their songs covered on Glee have seen positive spikes in their record sales and popularity, so if this helps Lily's career at all I'll be happy. I read in a magazine article (forget which one) that Billy Joel contacted Glee's producers and basically said "Get them to do one of my songs on Glee!" because he knows how big the show is with the youngsters right now and Billy wants a little good publicity.

Oh, and Rachel is in the Black Student Union! Yes!

I'm not loving Glee as much as I used to. In fact, I don't even know if I can explain why I like it! So many of the characters are just downright unlikable.

I don't even like Will, and am not rooting for him to get together with Emma. Teri is so unbelievably hateful a character (seriously, not one redeeming quality they've shown us), and it makes it look like the writers just have her there so we root for him to dump her for Emma. Yuck.

The only adult character I really like is Sue, which is weird, since she's so unlikable ... but at least they've given her more than just one, hateful side.

Even a lot of the main kids are basically unlikeable (with moments of likability), but I like them as a whole more than the adults.

And did you guys know that the gal who plays Brittany has been doing backup dancing for Beyonce? That blew my mind when I heard that this week. Apparently she's the blonde dancer in Bey's AMA performance of Single Ladies.

YouTube - "Single Ladies" Live Beyonce AMA

I tried watching that the other day, and she never stood still long enough for me to see if it was Brittany or not! :lol: I just took everyone I heard it from at their word. I think someone mentions it in the comments as well.

I was really happy to hear Lily Allen's "Smile" as well - good version. When I heard people mentioning that they were doing "Smile," I just assumed they meant that treacly old song they did at the end of the show (I hate that song) - didn't know there would be two Smiles!

It wasn't like a big hit or anything - Lily Allen doesn't get much (if any) radio play here in the States, I think.

That was good

I love seeing Sue pop up in random movies and tv shows. One night last week 40 Year Old Virgin was on and she was in that (didn't remember). I know she played a sex surrogate on Boston Legal. That last confrontation with Sue and Shue was hilarious.

You are about to board the Sue Sylvester Express. Destination: HORROR!

And now I'm officially a fan of a Barbra Streisand song. This show is turning me gay.

I had it DVRd and finally watched it.

I'll be the dissenter here. It was way too rushed, and they crammed too much into it, I thought. Maybe I'm just getting more disillusioned with the show.

I simply do not care about Emma and Will. Emma annoys the shit out of me. And I still think that they only made Terri so evil so she had no characterization beyond "that horrible bitch who dares to stand between Emma and Will's true love." Barf.

And I'm sorry, I realize there is much about the show that is unbelievable, but I can't suspend my disbelief about how quickly the kids learn all these songs.

"Hey, guys! I found this sheet music!" and ten minutes later, they all have a) the vocal parts down; b) the words memorized; c) choreographed; and d) can dance all the steps perfectly.

Bish, plz.

I will admit to completely and wholly loving Rachel's Don't Rain On My Parade, if only because it made me think of my friend Janet, who pretty much sings as awesome as Lea Michele (with a bit of a fuller tone to her voice), but she's a super stage person. When we go out for karaoke, I always ask her to sing that one because I love to see the reaction from everyone else in the bar.

Anyway. So yeah, I loved that bit.

Although the reaction from the audience was too over-the-top for me.

It's weird. I still feel that I like the show, but there's so much I don't like about it, I don't know why I like it anymore.

I also have issues with the production standards of the musical pieces. It is too polished. I know why they do it but hate it. It's... airbrushed... and that takes me out of the moment and thus not caring about the characters.

I like Glee - and I love their take on 'True Colours' for instance. But I just feel I could like it more. By saying that I do like Emma - my little sister has OCD and is very much like her (and also named Emma strangely enough). Terri has been written as a very one note character. I am interested to see what they do with her now Will seems to have hooked up with Emma.

Either way it is just a tv show and is a lot better than most of the teen orientated pap.

Back
Top Bottom