Glastonbury TV Coverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allegedly, there are ways to make your computer look like it's in the UK. :shifty: I know there will be some folks in the Setlist party that will try it out and give instructions. It may however require you to download something. I will be bringing my laptop to work that day just in case.

2PM Pacific time.

I need to pay attention more. I don't even know what day they're playing. :reject:

And what time will it be in the US? Should be afternoon, probably, yes? They go on at 10:00 at night or something, England time?

Friday from 9.45pm on BBC HD, so probably around 10pm start UK time. Thats 5pm EST if I'm not mistaken and 2pm PST....right?

I think we're 7 hours behind on the west coast, so ... 3:00. Either way, I'll be at work. Bah.

Thanks for the info!

I'll be at work....but the boss is away......:shifty:

Last year a very good quality vid of the gorillaz set showed up on a torrent site not too soon after so i'm hoping for the same with u2.

Yeah, east coast is 3 hours ahead of west coast. :)

Dang, I totally didn't realize it was THIS Friday. I thought it was next week.

Attention to detail - I haz it.

I just hope that photo & title doesn't bring out the steak knives in the media reporting Glastonbury...

i'm sure they'll be fine... i remember last year after Gorillaz played in U2's slot, people were saying "damn, U2 actually would've been awesome"...

what can the media say? U2 are genuinely an amazing live rock n roll band, and Glastonbury always used to be about that... our boys will show 'em how it's done ;)

Boo for fans in the states.

Good afternoon. We're pleased to report that you'll be able to experience Coldplay's headline set on Glastonbury's Pyarmid Stage on Saturday (June 25th) wherever in the world you are.

In the UK, the show - which begins at 10.15pm UK time - will be broadcast live on TV, on BBC2 and BBC HD. The show will also be shown live on Germany's ZDF Kultur channel and Brazil's Multishow. Meanwhile, in America, the show will make history by becoming the first Glastonbury concert to be broadcast in full on US television, when it airs on VH1 and Palladia, at 10pm ET/PT.

A portion of the show will also be broadcast live on the radio - and you can listen online, wherever you are. Head to BBC Radio 2 or BBC 6 Music to hear it.

We're very pleased that you'll all be able to be a part of what we hope will be a special evening.

Alright, I'm probably being lazy, but for a fan in the United States, can someone summarize what the chances are of seeing U2's Glasto set live? I don't have a television, which might make things difficult.

I saw that on the Palladia line-up. I'm actually looking forward to watching that, because yes, I do like Coldplay, but yeah, what a bummer that they can't do the same for U2.

From Coldplay's announcement "In the UK, the show - which begins at 10.15pm UK time - will be broadcast live on TV, on BBC2 and BBC HD. The show will also be shown live on Germany's ZDF Kultur channel and Brazil's Multishow. Meanwhile, in America, the show will make history by becoming the first Glastonbury concert to be broadcast in full on US television, when it airs on VH1 and Palladia, at 10pm ET/PT. "

So their performance will be on Vh1, as well as Palladia. Hoping U2 will announce something like this, as well.

No chance because u2's would then become the first to be shown thus making this announcement a lie

Drowningman said:
so U2's set will not be broadcast all over the world but "U2 lite's" set will be :doh:

I think its more the fact coldplay will be promoting a new album

anyone's got the NME article "glasto vs bono" and could share the scans? would be grateful!

anyone's got the NME article "glasto vs bono" and could share the scans? would be grateful!
Hope you can read..I did my best.

140lqbn.jpg

2mx3hfl.jpg

4zyee1.jpg

Hi

Muse (and Coldplay) fan here ! Last year was in Australia when Muse headlined Glastonbury on the Saturday and found a stream at www.justin.tv/fest2010

They covered a lot of festivals last year and think they are doing Glasto again.

As for me, off to Worthy Farm this year so hoping the weather stays good and the bands stay better :up:

Will be going to the Pyramid on Friday for U2 and think they'll blow Glastonbury apart.

Good luck all !

Thanks for the read, it was funny especially the comments from Ian "Monkey" Brown and McCulloch. It makes me laugh the hatred that Bono generates especially in some of these other front men. I mean McCullochs a jealous twat who never achieved the success he so desperately craved which is why he would make comments about a massively succesful band such as U2.

Back
Top Bottom