Glastonbury TV Coverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stupid comment by Bono. Grohl was the only worthwhile thing in Nirvana... a totally horrid band. Foo Fighters are ten times the band Nirvana was. However, hopefully in the 201381921 years since this comment both grown men have gotten over it.

Thanks for the additional info. However, nope, not sarcastic. I always thought Nirvana was wildly over-rated. They were good, but not the "gods" some claim them to be.

I agree. I liked Nirvana, they're okay, but the music is downright simplistic and I truly believe that if Cobain hadn't died, they'd never become such a legend.

IMO Foo Fighters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nirvana.

I saw janelle monae at a free concert in downtown Hartford last year. was a rainy night, would be shocked if more than a few hundred were there. she sounded pretty good, though.

cool to see U2 get quite a massive boost in sales.

Saw her open for Prince in December, she was cool. May see her again at a free festival here in Brooklyn in August.

Nice boost for U2, but where the feck is Elbow in that list? :scratch:

:up:

I'm seeing them in September at the 9:30 Club in DC, a 1200-person standing-room-only venue. :drool: Caught them a few years back in a similar venue. So lucky to see them in the US where they're not as well known and play these tiny venues.

There are opinions, and then there are Oh, You Did NOT Just Say That opinions.

Yours is the latter.

Elbow are amazing :heart: Wish they would open for U2 in Canada rather than Interpol.

So much. Interpol just do not work in the 360 stadium setting - they even managed to suck a heap of energy out of a very up for it Portuguese crowd in Coimbra last year - very much a case of cool-down act rather than warm-up. Elbow on the other hand would be perfect. We saw them on warm-up duty at Wembley but it was unfair as the sound mix at that point in the evening was atrocious so it was like listening to hippos in mud.

Interpol at Brussels were one big snorefest. :( I tried to like them.. but dear lord all their songs sounded the same. I fell asleep in Hannover sitting against the rail.

Elbow on the other hand would be perfect. We saw them on warm-up duty at Wembley but it was unfair as the sound mix at that point in the evening was atrocious so it was like listening to hippos in mud.

I prefer hippos in mud, great guitarist in that band!

That's kind of weird - the headline makes it sound like he was sick with nerves because of the protests, but he doesn't give any quote about that being the reason.

Knowing Bono (as we all do so well, right???), I don't know that he'd come out and say anything about how he felt about the tax thing (at this point, I think not saying a damned thing is working quite well), so I'd guess it was just the performance nerves, first time at Glasto, high expectations, etc.

Interesting to read Liam Gallagher's anti-U2 comment in the Glasto article. I recall Oasis and U2 really got along well during Popmart: The U2 and Oasis Mutual Admiration Society

Oasis was THE band for me before U2 came along, so cool to read about Liam and Noel screaming/singing the lyrics to "One". Plus Dave Grohl liking the elevation tour is epic win.

"I wanted to throw up," says Bono of his Glastonbury performance.

:lol:

little bit of nerves - good for the soul :D

always gives a performance a little oomph... no nerves isn't a good thing...

oh seriously it's a horrible feeling, but very common among performers... normally once you get out there it disappears though... he should have pictured them all in their undies or said "fuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyoufuckyou" to them in his head - works every time!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom