Glastonbury Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1984?? Same as me :) I would listen to an Acthung Baby Tape my brother had all day, that time. Fat Lady singing was a must to me at that time!

1983, actually. But yeah, my mom had an AB cassette and I loved rocking out to MW.

Streets was my 1st ever memory of U2...I was 4 yrs old and saw the video at someone's house (had to be parents' friends, seeing as how I was 4 lol), and I remember seeing Adam in those HORRIDLY TACKY 1980s sunglasses and thought he was "goofy-looking". He's had my heart ever since. :heart:

I used the proxy as listed on the front page, not only did it not work, it blocked Interference as well! Gonna try the Expat Shield.

I hate U2. Fucking tax-evading weasels. Thank God I'm under the age of 30 so I'm not forced to listen to that dinosaur shitty daddy rock that the man tries to stuff down my throat.

I wanted the Zoo encore for my Vertigo show and of course didn't get it. I went to Pittsburgh in October instead of Cleveland in December, and Cleveland got the Zoo encore. *sigh*

But I got MW two years ago in Tampa and was literally crying and screaming all at once. It only took them four years, lmao.

MW was the song that finally prompted me to go out and get AB during the summer of 96. Was so happy when I heard it for the first time at Irving Plaza a few years later.

I saw them like 4 times during Vertigo. 3 in the spring and once in the fall. Those NJ shows are among my favorites..

I was glad they changed things up for the October MSG show, but missed Zoo Station and the Fly.

I used the proxy as listed on the front page, not only did it not work, it blocked Interference as well! Gonna try the Expat Shield.

Did you try the different IP addresses on that site? You might have to do some googling to get a good one that works. I'm going to really try to get it going closer to showtime and then do step by step instructions before the show.

Someone at school lent me a copy of AB on cassette (remember those?!) in '92/'93
That's where it all went wrong for me! :lol:

I still have a tape somewhere that has a bunch of U2 songs I taped off the radio in high school. Sadly I had to hide my U2fandom for a few years.. everyone was into Rap at the time. Wish I knew my cousin had been going to their shows since the mid 80s..maybe I could have gotten to see Popmart..

Did you try the different IP addresses on that site? You might have to do some googling to get a good one that works. I'm going to really try to get it going closer to showtime and then do step by step instructions before the show.

S'ok, just installed Expat Shield, works like a charm... :D

:hyper: :wave:

I have a stupid question (gimme a little credit, it's 3.29am here in sydders (australia) ~ the things I do for this band :crack: :doh: ) . . . I haven't downloaded any of the shields and bits and pieces suggested in the first post and I am listening and watching the links below (can see crowd shots of pyramid stage) . . . is it a trick? are they gonna cut access to anyone outside UK once U2 come on? am I panicking for nothing :panic: :reject: :panic:

BBC Glastonbury Festival - 2011 - Home

BBC iPlayer - Listen live - BBC 6 Music

I'm late to the club. Parents had shit music taste and I didn't have cable. Remember watching a rebroadcast of the VMA's where they did the satellite link and thinking that was pretty nifty. Then in high school I became obsessed with the Reality Bites soundtrack and in particular AIWIY. That prompted me to explore the back catalog.

Oh and in Glasto news, Steve Lillywhite tweeted this pic.
1z1b47q.jpg

I'm late to the club. Parents had shit music taste and I didn't have cable. Remember watching a rebroadcast of the VMA's where they did the satellite link and thinking that was pretty nifty. Then in high school I became obsessed with the Reality Bites soundtrack and in particular AIWIY. That prompted me to explore the back catalog.

Oh and in Glasto news, Steve Lillywhite tweeted this pic.
1z1b47q.jpg

damn, looks like he just got out of the hospital or something w/ all the wristbands.

I have a stupid question (gimme a little credit, it's 3.29am here in sydders (australia) ~ the things I do for this band :crack: :doh: ) . . . I haven't downloaded any of the shields and bits and pieces suggested in the first post and I am listening and watching the links below (can see crowd shots of pyramid stage) . . . is it a trick? are they gonna cut access to anyone outside UK once U2 come on? am I panicking for nothing :panic: :reject: :panic:

Don't know if that site will broadcast the set. It will definitely be on
BBC iPlayer - iPlayer Radio Home which you will need to change your proxy for or download the expat shield. The expat shield is the easiest way. Proxy is an alternative if you don't want to download the software, but you'll have to find a good IP that works.

I dunno but you're emoticon usage is hilarious!

Don't know if that site will broadcast the set. It will definitely be on
BBC iPlayer - iPlayer Radio Home which you will need to change your proxy for or download the expat shield. The expat shield is the easiest way. Proxy is an alternative if you don't want to download the software, but you'll have to find a good IP that works.

thanks :up: . . . (off to download the expat shield . . .back later lovelies) :hyper:

I have no idea what any of you are talking about with your fancy technology words

Expat shield?!:doh::shifty:

It's a program that will trick the BBC website into thinking you are accessing it from the UK. This way we will have access to the high quality stream they provide.

The alternative at this point is a channel on justin.tv that should be broadcasting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom