Glastonbury Setlist Party II: Electric Boogaloo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else agree that nerves got the better of them ?

It's just it was no where near as solid as i thought it would be, especially considering its a 360 like set. I suppose the limited interaction with the fans didn't help either, and the directing from the BBC was awful, really was awful. Same camera angles for the entire set and defiantly not enough crowd shots.

I think it's safe to say U2 work better on a bigger stage/production, as i just didn't think the Glastonbury staged worked with them tonight, i dunno, it just didn't tick like it normally does with them. It was to much " Out of their comfort zone " in my opinion, that's how i felt watching/after the show anyway.

I'll watch it back tomorrow though with my Dad as you can normally take everything in more when its not live.

Some of the set transitions were a bit choppy with Bono not quite sure what to say.

Bono's voice was dramatically more polished (sounding outstanding actually!) the first half of the show or so. Personally I think GOYB is a tough one as I have only heard Bono "nail" it once. He always has trouble catching up and being on point for the rapid fire pace. He seemed winded for several songs after and never quite caught up. To be fair, if I tried to sing the first 5 songs of the set my voice would be pretty much shot for the rest of the night!

They played it a little too safe with the setlist.

OTHERWISE - very energetic and inspired performance especially without all the bells and whistles!

Ending with OOC worked well!

Kind of cool to see them out of their comfort zone and entire show had a different vibe with Bono especially really putting a lot of effort in!

It wasn't just streets though, they fucked up EBTTRT right at the start, and Bono messed up Bad aswell. Just felt like a very nervy performance overall.

It wasn't just streets though, they fucked up EBTTRT right at the start, and Bono messed up Bad aswell. Just felt like a very nervy performance overall.

Bono almost always butchers Bad lyrics these days...

What was wrong with Streets? Bono has been singing this especially well these days..maybe better than Zoo even...

some hard to please feckers on here...thought that was an outstanding performance.

gonna give it another spin. top notch fellas.

Bono almost always butchers Bad lyrics these days...

What was wrong with Streets? Bono has been singing this especially well these days..maybe better than Zoo even...

Edge had to re-start it a couple of times, and the transition from One didn't work blend like it does on 360, but ah well.

ABLE said:
some hard to please feckers on here...thought that was an outstanding performance.

gonna give it another spin. top notch fellas.

well said..... They were outstanding tonight, exactly what was required!!! The best band on the planet by a mile'.'.......

I guess I'm just easy and can overlook these screw ups people mention. I thought their performance was spectacular!!

Still revved up. Wishing like hell that we could just leave for MI now, but alas, $$ is very tight and hubby is stuck working tomorrow. Sunday at 5am it is. :huh:

This was amazing, and I will be missing the MI setlist party since we'll BE THERE!!!!!

:heart: all of you! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

So excited for you!! We will be thinking of you!! Have the time of your life you lucky woman!! :up::hyper: I wish I could go see them again!! Have a safe trip!!

Oh, and I got a delicious smile from your man in Seattle! So sweet!! Love him!!

I can't sleep now.

3045626532_2f08d02d95.jpg

It's funny how the feedback on twitter now after the concert has finished, and all the hates have left, is very positive. People just hate U2 for the sake of it, and don't actually put up a good argument to why U2 should be hated or are so called " Cunts ".

Its just jealously, that the world's biggest band is dominating again. Its so much easier to hate them than appreciate, that's the thing. End of the day though, we don't give a shit and neither do U2.

It was a good performance no doubt but Bono especially showed nerves that he doesn't usually show. They definetly should have finished with One. Also the set was a bit short and the crowd interaction was lacking. Just looked like a kind of "lets get this over with" kind of vibe. 8/10 from me mainly cos of the disapointing end.

The fact that Edge had to restart the Streets intro a few times means that they felt kinda uncomfy at first.

YouTube - ‪U2 - Glastonbury 2011 Jerusalem Where The Streets Have No Name Live‬‏

Got to say, it was pretty painful to see the intro to Streets (and to a lesser extent, EBTTRT - the drums were out of sync when the whole band came in) get messed up. They didn't build up with the organ intro, Edge just came in immediately and then stopped and restarted. Could have been the highlight, but that really annoyed me for some reason.

But enough complaining - overall, they were bloody amazing. Bono put some passion into it that i haven't seen from him in a long time. And seeing the crowd cheering, bouncing, and singing along to stay and carrying on after pride had ended (something that doesn't even seem to happen at the 360 gigs) was brilliant. I was worried the audience wouldn't warm to the band, but they seemed to love every minute of it (well, except maybe boots :wink: ). So awesome that u2 did this.

There will still be haters of course, but the thing is, i have a feeling that a lot of these people hate u2 because to do so is fashionable. So there's no point trying to convince them u2 are worth a listen, because they're not judging anything musically. They're judging based on what will help them fit in with the hipster crowd of haters. So, fuck 'em. It's like trying to reason with a religious extremist - not worth the bother.

Sorry if its already been brought up, but is this entire Tax Protest thing actually true, or is it just a load of crap ?

Watching over a lot of it again, I think they did a good job. It seems like around Elevation, Bono's voice started to get tired. He was barely able to hit some of those "woo's". Maybe he was pushing himself too much early on to impress the crowd?

I'm wondering why they chose to randomly play OOC after MOS. And it even seemed like they were going to not play MOS either, with Bono having to tell Edge to keep his guitar on or something. I think the crowd would have responded to ooc/mos/wowy order better.

I'll say one thing though, as awesome this whole show was, if Pride and Streets had switched spots, the setlist would have been even better. :drool:

Got to say, it was pretty painful to see the intro to Streets (and to a lesser extent, EBTTRT - the drums were out of sync when the whole band came in) get messed up. They didn't build up with the organ intro, Edge just came in immediately and then stopped and restarted. Could have been the highlight, but that really annoyed me for some reason.

Agreed, if they got Streets spot on, it could easily have been one of, if not the best moment Glastonbury has ever witnessed. Sadly though, it was a little messy at the beginning and that took the entire " Streets " feel away from it for me.

I'll re-watch the entire performance again tomorrow though, as it always seems better when you re-watch it, as it's difficult to take everything in when its Live, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom