Glastonbury Setlist Party II: Electric Boogaloo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2gigs said:
For the last two years, U2 have ended their main sets with Walk On, but tonight the main set was rounded out with Pride instead. This means that the main set closed with the three songs U2 intended to play at Live Aid, in order; back then, Bad ran so long that they had to cut Pride, but there were no such worries this time around.
Okay, this is pretty awesome.

Here's some of the caps I took before I got comfy on my sofa.
I'm still recording but there are no reported errors in my recording so far so fingers crossed I'll start seeding this puppy, HD transport stream, tomorrow.

I forgot to turn off the recording notification so please excuse this but these are a good indication of the quality.

u2_glasto01.png

u2_glasto02.png

u2_glasto03.png

u2_glasto04.png

u2_glasto05.png

u2_glasto06.png

u2_glasto07.png

u2_glasto08.png

Alan

I'm off to bed too. Was thinking about getting a beer, but I'm tired. Good night everyone!

From what we saw it certainly looked like they did. Crowd was singing loudly the entire night.
Yeah, I second this! I've heard that Twitter is rife with negativity about their performance, but I can't say I'm surprised. If people don't get it, f*ck 'em. They were incredible.

Anyone else agree that nerves got the better of them ?

It's just it was no where near as solid as i thought it would be, especially considering its a 360 like set. I suppose the limited interaction with the fans didn't help either, and the directing from the BBC was awful, really was awful. Same camera angles for the entire set and defiantly not enough crowd shots.

I think it's safe to say U2 work better on a bigger stage/production, as i just didn't think the Glastonbury staged worked with them tonight, i dunno, it just didn't tick like it normally does with them. It was to much " Out of their comfort zone " in my opinion, that's how i felt watching/after the show anyway.

I'll watch it back tomorrow though with my Dad as you can normally take everything in more when its not live.

Anyone else agree that nerves got the better of them ?

It's just it was no where near as solid as i thought it would be, especially considering its a 360 like set. I suppose the limited interaction with the fans didn't help either, and the directing from the BBC was awful, really was awful. Same camera angles for the entire set and defiantly not enough crowd shots.

I think it's safe to say U2 work better on a bigger stage/production, as i just didn't think the Glastonbury staged worked with them tonight, i dunno, it just didn't tick like it normally does with them. It was to much " Out of their comfort zone " in my opinion, that's how i felt watching/after the show anyway.

I'll watch it back tomorrow though with my Dad as you can normally take everything in more when its not live.

The fact that Edge had to restart the Streets intro a few times means that they felt kinda uncomfy at first.

YouTube - ‪U2 - Glastonbury 2011 Jerusalem Where The Streets Have No Name Live‬‏

Great to hear the crowd was up for it, you will always get the people who hate them but they can fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom