General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you guys think that seats in section 119 (behind the stage) is better than section 105 or not? for Boston at Gillette...

We just had an annoying experience:

My brother is a BREATHE member and tried to buy 4 tickets to the second Giants Stadium show. We went for $95 Lower Tier seats and got right in: Section 128, Row 10. Very nice seats for that price. But when he filled out the Ticketmaster form, the site got hung up on the final screen (ie, the "Submit" button). Then, he got an error message.

There was no sign one way or the other if the order went through. My brother called Ticketmaster, got an unhelpful representative who, after some prodding, looked around and couldn't find any trace of the order. So, my brother logged back in and tried again, this time pulling up Sec 113, Row 30. Not bad, but obviously not as good as the first set.

So annoying. And a question: just in case the first order suddenly shows up (which I doubt), should he contact U2.com now and let them know that he wasn't trying to scam his presale code? (Obviously, if the first set does show up, we'd rather have those, but then we'd potentially have 8 tickets to his code and I don't want them revoked).

Thoughts?

This TM error has been happening quite a lot apparently... At least some users reported experiencing the same thing... I would call up Ticketmaster and explain the situation and confirmed that you only ordered 1 set of 4 tickets and not 2. I think they should be able to cancel one of the orders for you if both are showing up...

Anyone have tips on how to get different seat options when clicking "give them up and search again"? I keep getting the same seats over and over again and would like to see a different option. I know I could change the drop downs, but would like to keep the search parameters open as much as possible.

If you don't change any search parameters including number of tickets, price, section and location parameters, and no one else has grabbed the tickets you're looking at, then you won't get different seats. The only way I know to look at different seats is to change the sections and locations around, and changing the number of tickets (look for singles instead of pairs or more).

Or you could have someone else log on to TM, enter the same search parameters you have, and both of you will be looking at different seats.

I would try the general sale rather than spending $50 on another membership. I didn't get any GAs with my Boots code for CHI1 but got the GAs I wanted in the general sale, go figure. So I'm not really getting my hopes up for tonight.

:applaud:Kudos to U2- We got great seats today (Breathe) 2 in section 110 and 2 GA's for NJ.
MUCH better system than the Vertigo Pre-sale fiasco.

do you guys think that seats in section 119 (behind the stage) is better than section 105 or not? for Boston at Gillette...

I wouldl go with Section 119. I have behind the stage seats also and would prefer that than being on the opposite end of the field.

It also depends on what row number you are talking about, if the 105 seats are in a high row I would definitely go for 119.

We just had an annoying experience:

My brother is a BREATHE member and tried to buy 4 tickets to the second Giants Stadium show. We went for $95 Lower Tier seats and got right in: Section 128, Row 10. Very nice seats for that price. But when he filled out the Ticketmaster form, the site got hung up on the final screen (ie, the "Submit" button). Then, he got an error message.

There was no sign one way or the other if the order went through. My brother called Ticketmaster, got an unhelpful representative who, after some prodding, looked around and couldn't find any trace of the order. So, my brother logged back in and tried again, this time pulling up Sec 113, Row 30. Not bad, but obviously not as good as the first set.

So annoying. And a question: just in case the first order suddenly shows up (which I doubt), should he contact U2.com now and let them know that he wasn't trying to scam his presale code? (Obviously, if the first set does show up, we'd rather have those, but then we'd potentially have 8 tickets to his code and I don't want them revoked).

Thoughts?

I feel your pain. Basically, the exact same thing happened to me. I had seats in 129 and lost them. Ended up in 140, but i am not sure what to make of seats "behind" the stage. I have been buying tickets for years and years and this is a pretty frequent issue with Ticketmaster. I can tell you from first hand experience that the tickets that they claim are "yours to hold for the next 2:15", or whatever they say, are not always just yours. I have had several instances where i was working on different computers to try and get tickets to an event, and the exact same seats came up on the separate systems. Obviously, whatever one gets clicked first gets the seats, and the other user gets some kind of error message along the way. Yet, they are essentially a monopoly, so there is no incentive to upgrade their systems and fix all of these problems. Besides, they only make about $10-$15 per ticket, which barely covers the expense of a useless phone operator, a ticket, and an envelope and stamp, or printout. :censored:

I would try the general sale rather than spending $50 on another membership. I didn't get any GAs with my Boots code for CHI1 but got the GAs I wanted in the general sale, go figure. So I'm not really getting my hopes up for tonight.

You're very lucky to have gotten GA for Chicago 1

I got GA for NY2 and Boston2 thanks to my friend that did the presale for me while I was at work

just "boots" should be fine, but are you using the u2.com presale password box or the specific link I posted in post #623

You have to use that specific link. Not the u2.com presale box.

Oh, ok, that's where I went wrong!

Can any members check if GA's are still available for Chicago II?

I wouldl go with Section 119. I have behind the stage seats also and would prefer that than being on the opposite end of the field.

It also depends on what row number you are talking about, if the 105 seats are in a high row I would definitely go for 119.

well 105 is row 17 and 119 is row 12

not a single person has reported being unable to get GAs yet today

When I'm buying tickets, do I go directly to the ticketmaster site and enter my code or do I need to follow the U2.com link to ticketmaster?

So for boots folks trying in 20 min, you just have to hope that you're trying to submit the code at 5pm and not 4:59 CDT?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom