General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sweeeeet easy peasy, got 1 GA to DC with the last of my old Boots presale code, while a friend was getting 2 GA to NY with the new one I bought 20 minutes before the sale, then got 2 GA to Boston with the rest of it. :hyper:

I gave in and got Boots presale, 2 tickets for Boston 2. I am pretty sure my company will be working there that week, but I just got too anxious and absent 100% certainty, guranteed myself a show by buying 2 presales in Sec 204 mezzanine. I can always work show #1, where I will be watching the soundboard(aka watching the show) as a condition of employment that night!

To those who have experienced GA stadium shows(maybe JT or Popmart tours?) did I make the right choice? I was really considering getting GA, but then my imagination got the best of me and I envisioned myself behind some 6-5 guy far from the stage, or else being right at the front and then losing my spot/not being able to leave to go the bathroom, etc. I figured it would be best to gurantee myself a seat absent an ellipse type arrangement like they have in arenas.

Am I crazy or smart? Honest opinions appreciated from all viewpoints!!

The GA crowd is usually pretty friendly, they'll let you back in your spot from my experience. You're gonna stand near the same people for a long time so start conversation with them and work together to keep spots.

To those who have experienced GA stadium shows(maybe JT or Popmart tours?) did I make the right choice? I was really considering getting GA, but then my imagination got the best of me and I envisioned myself behind some 6-5 guy far from the stage, or else being right at the front and then losing my spot/not being able to leave to go the bathroom, etc.

LOL... now you're making me worried. Honestly, before I read your post I was envisioning myself having to run the entire length of football field when they opened up the doors for GA AFTER being in line for hours to beat other people to the front of the rail. I'm not a sprinter. I will fail. And I will be stuck behind a 6'1'' guy for the entire night... So I totally see where you're coming from.

My new boots membership worked perfectly for 4 GA's for Chicago 2 right at 5 CST. Having used my Horizon membership for 2 GA's for Chicago 1, hopefully my 2 remaining tickets from that membership will work for GA's for Vegas and I'll be GA'ing in 3 different shows in the North America first leg (I suppose when they announce Vegas 2 since I'm already there, I'll talk myself into another show lol).

My new boots membership worked perfectly for 4 GA's for Chicago 2 right at 5 CST. Having used my Horizon membership for 2 GA's for Chicago 1, hopefully my 2 remaining tickets from that membership will work for GA's for Vegas and I'll be GA'ing in 3 different shows in the North America first leg (I suppose when they announce Vegas 2 since I'm already there, I'll talk myself into another show lol).

Hey! U2Wojo, you live in Rockford? That's awesome! I live there!

I gave in and got Boots presale, 2 tickets for Boston 2. I am pretty sure my company will be working there that week, but I just got too anxious and absent 100% certainty, guranteed myself a show by buying 2 presales in Sec 204 mezzanine. I can always work show #1, where I will be watching the soundboard(aka watching the show) as a condition of employment that night!

To those who have experienced GA stadium shows(maybe JT or Popmart tours?) did I make the right choice? I was really considering getting GA, but then my imagination got the best of me and I envisioned myself behind some 6-5 guy far from the stage, or else being right at the front and then losing my spot/not being able to leave to go the bathroom, etc. I figured it would be best to gurantee myself a seat absent an ellipse type arrangement like they have in arenas.

Am I crazy or smart? Honest opinions appreciated from all viewpoints!!

I had GA for both Elevation and Vertigo and I wouldnt consider seeing U2 any other way.

got 4 GAs NY2 in breathe!!!! yessss!! phew, i was worried there for a little bit!

i got two ga's for chicago 2 !!!! :) :) :)

Now my only concern is why does it say row G5? Does that mean anything? I thought it was a first come first serve basis?

sweeeeet easy peasy, got 1 GA to DC with the last of my old Boots presale code, while a friend was getting 2 GA to NY with the new one I bought 20 minutes before the sale, then got 2 GA to Boston with the rest of it. :hyper:

Congrats! But the fact that it was that easy means scalpers will have eaten up everything come monday :sad:.

Congrats! But the fact that it was that easy means scalpers will have eaten up everything come monday :sad:.
Well, we know there's a limit from the first round sales. But also, over 4 tickets the subscription works out to 12.50 per ticket. To have a guarantee and not go through failure again Monday like I did this week was totally worth it for just over 10 bucks.

And come 10am 4/2 Ticketmaster will be selling the package subscription/presale access tickets, too. (Which is dumb, cause you can pay the same thing to u2.com now and get the same access! But I suppose some people won't do their homework.)

got 4 GA to Boston II....just signed up yesterday and it was sooo worth it!!!

question...are there any GAs still available for New York II? because maybe I'll get another membership and catch that show too

got 4 GA to Boston II....just signed up yesterday and it was sooo worth it!!!

question...are there any GAs still available for New York II? because maybe I'll get another membership and catch that show too
Just searched for a single GA - nothing available.

LOL... now you're making me worried. Honestly, before I read your post I was envisioning myself having to run the entire length of football field when they opened up the doors for GA AFTER being in line for hours to beat other people to the front of the rail. I'm not a sprinter. I will fail. And I will be stuck behind a 6'1'' guy for the entire night... So I totally see where you're coming from.

LOL, dont worry too much. I was just speculating having never experienced it myself! My aunt was one of the first people wrist banded for Vertigo Boston GA and she wound up right at one of the ellipse rails, edge's side! Thats one GA experience good. However, weighing more on my decision was her story of JT tour GA at old Foxboro Stadium- people were pissing on the ground so they wouldnt lose their spots, packed in tight, etc. She got a seat for Popmart when it hit Foxboro. Granted, working security in the business, I can attest to the fact that it has changed considerably since 87, especially with respect to fire departments clamping down on occupancy in GA areas and how tightly they are packed. The GA's I have worked in the Boston Garden, Ampitheatre in Mansfield and at the new Boston House of Blues have led to my conclusion that I prefer seats. Will have to see how it works for a U2 show, though.

I honestly think you will be fine, though. For most Boston Garden shows, the floor seats(not GA, given) are packed w/ people alot taller than me ann standing up and I am usually stationed at the soundboard after a long day sitting backstage. I have never failed to be able to see the stage, no matter how tall the guys in front of me were.

My paranoia got the best of me, thats all. I may very well wind up regretting not getting GA for the same price!

Thanks for the positive thinking, I'm banking on falling back on awesome people around here if things don't work out, and I have some cruddy seats for Bos1 and NY1, but hey I'll be there.

And come 10am 4/2 Ticketmaster will be selling the package subscription/presale access tickets, too. (Which is dumb, cause you can pay the same thing to u2.com now and get the same access! But I suppose some people won't do their homework.)

For die-hard fans you are right. But I have a friend that is just a so-so fan and wants to go, but doesn't want to spend the $50 fan club membership unless he is ensured of getting decent seats. So it is kind of nice to be able to pull up the seats before making the commitment to the $50 fan club purchase. Yeah, he is falling a day behind the Boots members, but he'll be able to make a completely informed decision at purchase time today.

Wow, I'm still pulling GA's for BOS2 this morning. I'm surprised. NY2 on the other hand....nothing left.

I got two Ga for Boston 2 as well. See you there!
(remember me from Oct of 07?):wave:

Hey! U2Wojo, you live in Rockford? That's awesome! I live there!

I'm actually Machesney Park but since no one outside this area has a clue where that is so I go with Rockford where at least a few people understand the geography or may have heard of Cheap Trick, Janet Lynn, or Ginger Lynn.

Back
Top Bottom