General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't you get the feeling that it's an honor rule with the code? I bet if someone wanted to, they could use it again... I haven't tried, it just hit me.

Maybe the sale would go through, then they would cancel it... but does ticketmaster know you've used up your code?

I bet more codes for Patriots fans and Bears fans and Giants season ticket holders shows up too....

I can't believe anyone has had trouble getting GA with the code.

They spread out the shows which is nice for fans... they are really taking care of us I think.

Indeed! Though this "second and final" business seems a little... off. Surely they can fit 3rd shows into Boston & NY, and sell them out.

It's more likely that they'll add a second DC show on Sept. 28 since they won't have time to do it the day after the already scheduled date of Sept. 29.

I didn't see a bit about "final". I saw "The latest confirmed dates are...", which implies more to come.

I guess that ends the debate going on in another thread as to whether or not U2 can sell out stadiums in North America...

The real test will be in the smaller college towns.

It's more likely that they'll add a second DC show on Sept. 28 since they won't have time to do it the day after the already scheduled date of Sept. 29.

I don't think DC will get a second show. It's during the week, and they also play 2 hours away in VA 2 days later.

Again, I doubt there will be a 3rd Giants Stadium show on 9/27...the venue will almost certainly be needed for a football game.

I agree with the poster above: these will be "the final" shows for NYC/Boston/Chicago in 2009 but those cities will probably get another stop next year.

Here's where the bit about "final" comes in. It's not in the article itself, but rather in the teaser on the main U2.com page:

Record Breaking
The shows in Chicago, Boston and New York were instantaneous sell-outs this morning, setting records for single day attendance in each city. Second and final shows have now been announced and presales for U2.com subscribers open tomorrow.

i think the bigger scheduling problem here is that it's also football season and many stadiums have games scheduled for dates surrounding the actual concert dates. i am hoping for 9/19 at foxboro but the patriots might be playing there that day (football schedule for the season isn't posted yet).

Don't you get the feeling that it's an honor rule with the code? I bet if someone wanted to, they could use it again... I haven't tried, it just hit me.

Maybe the sale would go through, then they would cancel it... but does ticketmaster know you've used up your code?

From what I've heard, you'll be able to use the code again, as in the sale would go through. BUT at the end of the presale period (or even during the time) TM DOES check against the U2.com membership database (not sure what the process is) and they WILL cancel tickets that they've issued to you and refund you the money if they find you've exceeded the limit. I've heard several cases like this already.

My advice, don't risk the tickets you have. There's no reason why they will go through the pains of limiting tickets sales to members if they're not going to enforce it.

i think the bigger scheduling problem here is that it's also football season and many stadiums have games scheduled for dates surrounding the actual concert dates. i am hoping for 9/19 at foxboro but the patriots might be playing there that day (football schedule for the season isn't posted yet).

It's still easier to schedule stadiums vs arena, football games are ususally one home game per 2 weeks (except places like NY/NJ)....but arena's are way harder, since you have to deal with NHL/NBA who play 2-3 games/week. Stadiums....way easier, plus in the summer for Leg4 in NA....can play as many concerts they want during NFL Off-Season.

I was really hoping to save my part of my code for 2010. Should I risk and try the general sale for Chicago 2 and Norman, OK.

I'm using mine. I would hope that since we'll have to pay again to keep the membership, we'd get a new code for 2010.

I'm using mine. I would hope that since we'll have to pay again to keep the membership, we'd get a new code for 2010.

I agree with you, BUT if you read the FAQ for the tour it makes it pretty clear your code will be good for next year. I guess time will tell.

I agree with you, BUT if you read the FAQ for the tour it makes it pretty clear your code will be good for next year. I guess time will tell.

i didn't see anything about 2010 in the FAQ. I do remember seeing in one of the other threads about it but i don't see it at u2.com

I haven't gotten the presale email yet for tomorrow. Is Chicago going to be staggered amongst groups like before or not. I saw something a few pages ago about everyone going at the same time for one of the sales

you have to log in on U2.com to see it, if you do what time does it tell you that you can buy tickets. I'm getting ready to join today.

I haven't gotten the presale email yet for tomorrow. Is Chicago going to be staggered amongst groups like before or not. I saw something a few pages ago about everyone going at the same time for one of the sales

From U2.com
THIS WEEKS PRESALE SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS

Washington DC, Charlottesville, VA, Atlanta, Tampa, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Chicago 2 (Sept. 13), Boston 2 (Sept. 21), and New York 2 (Sept. 25).
Tues. 10AM local venue time - Horizon
Wed. 10AM EDT/9AM CDT/8AM MDT/7AM PDT - Breathe
Wed. 6PM EDT/5PM CDT/4PM MDT/3PM PDT - Boots
Presale ends Thursday 5PM local venue time.

Well, they will have to schedule around MLS soccer games, assuming the league hasn't folded by 2010.
Hey, not nice. Besides, the only teams in MLS that will play in NFL stadiums next season are Seattle and New England.

U2 bringing The Claw to Red Bull Arena as part of its opening ceremonies next spring would be pretty damn cool, though.

I'm very interested to see if there is an NFL Team/Venue presale for the shows. I just got engaged so I'm promising myself to only get the $32 tickets for each show but I'm hoping to do both Gillette, both Giants stadium, and either Chicago or Tampa. The team/venue presales were great for getting the $32 tickets--went in and could even try it a few times to set up the tickets by section too. I figure $45 a show is a steal and for under $300 I can hopefully see them six or so times. Not close obviously but "in the stadium."

From what I've heard, you'll be able to use the code again, as in the sale would go through. BUT at the end of the presale period (or even during the time) TM DOES check against the U2.com membership database (not sure what the process is) and they WILL cancel tickets that they've issued to you and refund you the money if they find you've exceeded the limit. I've heard several cases like this already.

My advice, don't risk the tickets you have. There's no reason why they will go through the pains of limiting tickets sales to members if they're not going to enforce it.

You'll get a message that that promotion is over or supply is exhausted. The code won't work twice. If you find a glitch and are able to buy tix, I disagree that they'd be cancelled. I have heard people say this has happened, but have never seen verifiable proof. If they cancelled orders after fulfilling them, people would still have tickets that had been voided. That would be a tough deal for TM because if they were re-sold, TM would be liable, despite their disclaimers to the contrary. Yes, they could prosecute, but really, why would they bother "cancelling" tix just to sell to someone else. It's a business; all they want is sales.

When TM posts a ticket limit is is almost never enforced. They post limits to give the impression that it's a hot ticket and in-demand. Nothing more.

We didn't have any luck...there's three of us, and we only have two nosebleeds at the moment. Will try for the second show or craigslist or something.

Ebay is already crawling with tickets for way over face value. Scalpers :angry:

Ugh... wish I didn't panic at the half hour mark after tickets went on sale this morning. After hearing about stuff selling out so quick and experiencing 10 minute lineups, I bought a pair of $252 tickets for Toronto as "back-up" in case I couldn't get my pair of $97.

Well, I did, and thought I would keep the expensive ones instead, but realized that I have pretty low standards, so don't want to pay that much. Will sell them at face value (plus exact same charges Lamemaster added) once I receive them.

True, they won't be doing three nights in a row anywhere, but there is room for a night off on the 26th and then a third show in NY on the 27th...

We shall see. If the Jets or Giants have a bye and the other team is away, that's the only chance. I'm not really counting on it anymore :|

Hmm, it looks like there WILL be another Meadowlands presale for the 2nd Giants Stadium show. I just got an e-mail. It starts tomorrow at noon, meaning that once again, the Horizon people get a head start but the stadium presale will start before Boots or Breathe.

However....didn't we find that the pickings for the stadium presale were actually somewhat slim? No GAs, right? I seem to remember thinking it was a lot of stuff behind the stage or in the top tier.

Back
Top Bottom