General Sale - Friday March 20th - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my personal hunch is that the second Wembley show will be announced next week and go on sale on Friday. That way they will shift all of the remaining expensive seats this wekend to those that were hanging on for a second Wembley show. The second show will then get a full press launch and will create another ticket scramble next week.

Just my thoughts

I was hoping it would be nice and quiet like the 2nd Manchester show on the Vertigo tour.

my personal hunch is that the second Wembley show will be announced next week and go on sale on Friday. That way they will shift all of the remaining expensive seats this wekend to those that were hanging on for a second Wembley show. The second show will then get a full press launch and will create another ticket scramble next week.

Just my thoughts

My thoughts exactly. Looking at it at daylight, if I am the promoter, I would wait with the announcement until the red auction is over.

Is it looking like the UK show's aren't selling as well as expected?:reject:

Seems a lot slower than last time - I remember second dates being announced very quickly.

The band have irritated me too - £150 a ticket for a seat?? Outrageous.

I'm really questioning their motives now. I couldn't care less if they're offering a few tickets for £30 - apparently they're in shit locations.

Very angry fan:angry:

Is it looking like the UK show's aren't selling as well as expected?:reject:

Seems a lot slower than last time - I remember second dates being announced very quickly.

I'm really questioning their motives now. I couldn't care less if they're offering a few tickets for £30 - apparently they're in shit locations.

Very angry fan:angry:

yep got to agree with you there.

In the past I've always argued for the band, but got to say that more than ever I can't help but feel that they make far too many "corporate" decisions now rather than decisions for the fans.

To claim that the high prices for seats are in order to subsidise the cheap seats is a poor marketing ploy for me when you see where the "cheap" seats are located and the number available compared to the expensive seats.

Only now ?
Its been pretty obvious since the commercial failure of Popmart that all U2 care about is money.
They didnt tour certain countries/continents due to weak currencies ,they charge $50 to join their website (Which is rubbish btw bar presales) ,signing up with Livenation, trying to scrounge a new recording studio for free and moving their businesses to Holland for tax reasons etc etc.
Its all about money at the end of the day.

How fast do people want them to sell out for god sake?, if i remember right i could still pick manchester GA for shows 1 and 2 hours after the first day of genral sale, you cant do that anywhere this time round, Wembley looks completley sold out, cardiff has a couple of the expensive seats left but i wouldnt imagine there will be many (you could pick these right upto the day before the vertigo show), And both dublin shows sold out within 2 hours of going on sale, but yet some still say they are not selling as well as they thought :|

As for the prices, we have known about these for weeks now but yet because some people arent able to get the tickets they wanted (because they sold out), we are now getting the whole "angry fan" routine.

How fast do people want them to sell out for god sake?, if i remember right i could still pick manchester GA for shows 1 and 2 hours after the first day of genral sale, you cant do that anywhere this time round, Wembley looks completley sold out, cardiff has a couple of the expensive seats left but i wouldnt imagine there will be many (you could pick these right upto the day before the vertigo show), And both dublin shows sold out within 2 hours of going on sale, but yet some still say they are not selling as well as they thought :|

As for the prices, we have known about these for weeks now but yet because some people arent able to get the tickets they wanted (because they sold out), we are now getting the whole "angry fan" routine.

Looks like I touched a nerve...

I think it's time to stop blindly defending the band - £150 a ticket is a scandal

I think it's time to stop blindly defending the band - £150 a ticket is a scandal

What is there to defend? you dont want them dont pay for them, the band arent holding guns to peoples heads are they?, would you be complaining if you managed to get hold of a £55 GA ticket? or a £30 ticket?

Some people seem more than happy to pay scalpers £££ but yet when its "offcial" it becomes a scandal.

I think the annoyance comes from claims that it would be cheap - yet only a handful of tickets for each show are cheaper than the last tour.

And for Ireland the jump from 35EUR to 90EUR is a bit much as well.

I'm sure the band were aware that high ticket prices might turn off some fans (probably mostly the casual fan) and it's a risk they took, but from the looks of things (sellouts pretty much everywhere) it's obvious most fans don't care about the high prices and are willing to pay them...either that or a whole lot of scalpers have bought thousands of tickets banking on the band's popularity and the scalpers perceived ability to sell those tickets at even higher prices.

In looking at the ticket link for Wembley above, it's hard to believe that a band like "Take That" can sell out 4 shows at Wembley and you can still get seats for Oasis for one of their two shows. It's just not right!!

Its actually £163.50 when u include the booking fee.:huh:
I am only interested in GA anyway and those prices are very fair.

Maybe it's because they set aside more of the preferred tickets for the pre-sale?

It did seem to go pretty smoothly this time, most of the people in the pre-sale seemed to get the tickets they wanted :shrug:. I haven't seen a big outcry in the pre-sale threads about ticket prices. Maybe there was and I missed it :shrug:

If there were only tickets available at $250, I think you'd have a good argument. But considering there are tickets at several cheaper levels, I don't think it's a big deal. :shrug:

£85 tickets are still available for Wembley. You just need to keep rechecking until it shows up on ticketmaster.

Well for me, the only tickets available were the high priced ones so there wasn't really a choice. Always have soo much trouble getting tickets for them, every other band I've seen have been relatively straight forward.

Maybe it's because they set aside more of the preferred tickets for the pre-sale?

Most definitely and rightly so too.
They sold whatever they could in the presales keeping everybody with a code happy.
$50 was a small price to pay for guaranteed good tickets.
On a side note I could have got GA for Glasgow,Cardiff and Sheffield pretty easily enough this morning ,Wembley was impossible though.
More tickets for the UK gigs will be released in batches down the line,its a good policy Ticketmaster Uk have to combat touts.
Pity Ticketmaster.ie dont do it.

I with the complainers if people are going to get ring fenced. The band came with spin just after the album launch saying the summer tour would be intimate and there would be plentiful tickets at £30 due to the current recession and a few £150 for "rich people". But we end up with pretty the same stadium tour as per the last four and more £150 (or £85 - anybody else notice that the 1st and 2nd level seats behind the stage were going at this price too) than £30. Other recent acts have sold the same seats going for £150 (or £85 or £65) at Wembley or Cardiff for 50% - 75% less pre-recession. Also my ticket for the FA Cup final last year cost me less than my ticket for the band at Wembley. Finally, one last moan but it also seems rich to offer a small number of tickets for a charity auction but only give 40% to the charity given the profit that will be made for each show.

So much for a band (or Bono) who claim to be socially responsible lefties.

The link for Ticketline I posted earlier suddenly went live with about 15 blocks of tickets available. They took them off within minutes though.

For Wembely 2?, someone over on u2.com e-mailed ticketline, they got a reponse back saying tickets will more than likely be on sale on monday.

The link for Ticketline I posted earlier suddenly went live with about 15 blocks of tickets available. They took them off within minutes though.

Now live again. Maybe they are testing? I clicked on block 121 and it reserved the seats for me.

anyone got an idea what the capacity for Wembley is for this show?

i heard 100,000 and if that is true then that is almost 2 Twickenham shows (that held 55,000) sold today

also taking into account the higher (overall) ticket price and economic climate - the general sale today for Wembley has been very impressive

Back
Top Bottom