General Sale - Friday March 20th - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I somehow doubt Dublin 3 would be on a Sunday...Madonna played in Ireland on a Sunday and a major fuss kicked off.

Cos Sunday is church day and all that.

That's nonsense! Maybe 25 years ago. Ireland has changed a hell of a lot when it comes to religion etc. It wil be on the Monday most likely due to Bono preferring to avoid three nights in a row cos of his voice

I managed to buy the following, all on the same credit card:

2xAmsterdam 1 (seated)
2xAmsterdam 2 (GA)
4xDublin 2 (GA)
2xCardiff (seated)
4xSheffield (GA)

It was on Irish news. Its not my opinion its Irelands. :|

I'd imagine it has more to do with planning regulations and curfews than the church.
Also the GAA who own the ground are pretty old school.

2xAmsterdam 1 (seated)
2xAmsterdam 2 (GA)
4xDublin 2 (GA)
2xCardiff (seated)
4xSheffield (GA)

What the fuck is the secret....some of us cant even get tix for one gig? What site did you buy them off?

Al bet the scammers do well...and fans of near 30 yrs like myself miss out!

So which of today's shows are sold out right now? Just Paris and the 2 Dublin shows?

Do Nice, Chorzow, Milan, London, Glasgow, Sheffield, and Cardiff all still have tickets available?

Wembley - brings up only £150 tickets now for seats

Hampden - the same as above

Cardiff - same again

Sheffield - same again

I wish some rich bastard would buy all these £150 tickets so they can then announce the second night!

I wish some rich bastard would buy all these £150 tickets so they can then announce the second night!

I cannot fathom why anyone would spend £150 on a seat when GA are 1/3 the price,its crazy.

Hmmm tickets selling slower than the vertigo tour?:

U2 fans find what they're looking for as Croke Park tickets go on sale
RONAN McGREEVYU2 tickets went on sale this morning, but did not sell out within the first hour as many had expected.

Individual tickets were still available on the Ticketmaster website at 9.30am.

U2 are playing two concerts at Croke Park on July 24th and 25th with the possibility of a third date being added.

It is certain that both concerts will sell out, but hardened veterans of the U2 experience say the response to tickets going on sale this year is not what it was for previous tours.

In 2005, tickets for the Vertigo tour sold out within 50 minutes of going on sale.

As usual U2’s most dedicated fans Martin Shanahan, originally from Bantry, Co Cork, but now living in London, and his friend Vincent Kearns from Dublin were top of the queue at the Ticketmaster outlet in St Stephen’s Green this morning.

About 200 fans queued overnight for tickets, a figure which was dramatically down on previous occasions that tickets went on sale.

“They’ve been the soundtrack of my life since 1978. I could not conceivably not being at Croker or 25 other dates around the world,” said Martin who has been queuing since Monday morning.

He pronounced himself “slightly disappointed” with the queues for U2360.

“The queues for Vertigo were much larger. I reckon there was between 1,500 and 2,000 fans then. I’m hoping it is a case of it being a younger audience and four years later they being a lot more cool with the internet.”

Mr Kearns said: “It’s disappointing. A lot of people are depending on the internet, but, with the weather being so cold, people aren’t coming out in force.”

Carl O’Connor, from Tallaght, who arrived on Wednesday afternoon, said: “It is the weakest queue for U2 tickets I’ve seen and I’ve been queuing since 1993. Last time around there was a much bigger queue. The last time, people were told to go home because there was no hope of getting tickets. We’re very disappointed at what we’ve seen.”

Niamh Aspell said: “The last time I was much further down in the queue. There was about 10 or 15 people in front of me. I would say there are half the people that there was the last time. I think people don’t have the money or it is a short time since the announcement so people couldn’t make announcements.”

At 10am, the only tickets still available were (Red) Zone backstage passes which are being auctioned off with an undisclosed sum going to the Red Product chari

This whole not being able to buy more than 6 tix on the same card, even for different dates and cities, is really hard to believe. I got 4 GAs for Wembley and 4 GAs for Croke on the same card to it better not be the case. That would be just crazy.

I would urge you to ring TM and transfer one of these bookings to another card/billing address, just to be certain:up:

2xAmsterdam 1 (seated)
2xAmsterdam 2 (GA)
4xDublin 2 (GA)
2xCardiff (seated)
4xSheffield (GA)

You could lose alot of those unless you transfer some of them to other cards/billing addresses. Yes, you can buy them on one card but TM find out later down the line and will cancel any tix over the maximum of six in the order you bought them.

You have 14 so need 6 on one card, 6 on another and 2 on another:up:

RONAN McGREEVYU2 tickets went on sale this morning, but did not sell out within the first hour as many had expected.

U2 are playing two concerts at Croke Park on July 24th and 25th with the possibility of a third date being added.

It is certain that both concerts will sell out, but hardened veterans of the U2 experience say the response to tickets going on sale this year is not what it was for previous tours.

In 2005, tickets for the Vertigo tour sold out within 50 minutes of going on sale.

As usual U2’s most dedicated fans Martin Shanahan, originally from Bantry, Co Cork, but now living in London, and his friend Vincent Kearns from Dublin were top of the queue at the Ticketmaster outlet in St Stephen’s Green this morning.

About 200 fans queued overnight for tickets, a figure which was dramatically down on previous occasions that tickets went on sale.

“They’ve been the soundtrack of my life since 1978. I could not conceivably not being at Croker or 25 other dates around the world,” said Martin who has been queuing since Monday morning.

“The queues for Vertigo were much larger. I reckon there was between 1,500 and 2,000 fans then. I’m hoping it is a case of it being a younger audience and four years later they being a lot more cool with the internet.”

Mr Kearns said: “It’s disappointing. A lot of people are depending on the internet, but, with the weather being so cold, people aren’t coming out in force.”

Carl O’Connor, from Tallaght, who arrived on Wednesday afternoon, said: “It is the weakest queue for U2 tickets I’ve seen and I’ve been queuing since 1993. Last time around there was a much bigger queue. The last time, people were told to go home because there was no hope of getting tickets. We’re very disappointed at what we’ve seen.”

Niamh Aspell said: “The last time I was much further down in the queue. There was about 10 or 15 people in front of me. I would say there are half the people that there was the last time. I think people don’t have the money or it is a short time since the announcement so people couldn’t make announcements.”

At 10am, the only tickets still available were (Red) Zone backstage passes which are being auctioned off with an undisclosed sum going to the Red Product chari

Slighthly slower allright,2 hours as opposed to 50 mins :rolleyes:
Nonsense

doesn't surprise me that the tickets have not sold out as fast.

£55 for GA has been the going rate, but prices are coming down in the world for most commodities these days.

To then throw seats into the mix at prices of £150 is purely ridiculous. Is it any surprise that these are the ones not sold yet for every venue?

70,000 tickets at £55 means revenue of £3.85m.

If the cost of the individual show is more than that then its about time U2 realised that you don't need an expensive stage etc to make a great gig.

You could lose alot of those unless you transfer some of them to other cards/billing addresses. Yes, you can buy them on one card but TM find out later down the line and will cancel any tix over the maximum of six in the order you bought them.

Don't worry i bought 4 tickets for London, Cardiff and Dublin for Vertigo all on the same card with no issues

still singles for wembley coming up. However, I don't think there will be another show on sale today. I don't know - just gut feeling, guys. I think they want to keep the hype a little longer.

And also think of the thousends of people who have bought 2 sets of 4 tickets on the same card!

Hey hey, I've been saving for well over a year for this tour - and I put in the hours necessary! No need to be bitter - I failed to get Dublin 30EUR seats this morning because it went on-sale an hour early, and failed to get Wembley )GA or decent £30) seats as well.

2xAmsterdam 1 (seats, 80EUR)- general sale
2xAmsterdam 2 (GA) - general sale
via Livenation/eventim

4xDublin 2 (GA) - presale
I got four in order to trade two for seats at Dublin 1
via ticketmaster.ie

2xCardiff (seats, £30)
via ticketmaster.co.uk

4xSheffield (GA)
Four as I am taking my girlfriend's brother and sister - originally intended to take them to Wembley but that is currently a no-go.
via sheffieldboxoffice.com

And also think of the thousends of people who have bought 2 sets of 4 tickets on the same card!

Yes, I understand, but I'm reading stories about people who did get tix cancelled last time around. Like you, I didn't and got about five sets of tix on the last tour with no cancellations. However, to be fair, it seems alot more organised this time around so it may just be worth getting tix transferred.

Hey hey, I've been saving for well over a year for this tour - and I put in the hours necessary! No need to be bitter - I failed to get Dublin 30EUR seats this morning because it went on-sale an hour early, and failed to get Wembley )GA or decent £30) seats as well.

2xAmsterdam 1 (seats, 80EUR)- general sale
2xAmsterdam 2 (GA) - general sale
via Livenation/eventim

4xDublin 2 (GA) - presale
I got four in order to trade two for seats at Dublin 1
via ticketmaster.ie

2xCardiff (seats, £30)
via ticketmaster.co.uk

4xSheffield (GA)
Four as I am taking my girlfriend's brother and sister - originally intended to take them to Wembley but that is currently a no-go.
via sheffieldboxoffice.com

Sounds like you might be okay then as all from different outlets:applaud: Hope so:up:

Maybe for Dublin shows.

But Paris and Wembley were sold faster than in 2005 !

I was surprised how easy it was to get tix

It was mayhem going for Oasis - at least they announced their 3rd shows as soon as the first 2 sold out at each venue

U2 should play slane as well - join the bill

Back
Top Bottom