General GOYB song/video thread discussion Part 2 (Video now on iTunes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The leaked and official video look almost the same to me. Where are people seeing such huge differences? Can we see some screen caps of the parts people claim are so much worse?

The leaked and official video look almost the same to me. Where are people seeing such huge differences? Can we see some screen caps of the parts people claim are so much worse?

people are bonkers... look at the post on the last page where I mention the differences... there are about a half a dozen differences... in a video with like 1000 elements in it its just a small change.

Well, Universal has it up on YouTube now:

But there's no high-quality version, they letterboxed it, and the quality is shite.

I swear they could fuck up a wet dream.

Oh, and I see they disabled embedding too. Bonus!

It's like Universal want to see how much they could possibly screw up the promo on this album :lol:

people are bonkers... look at the post on the last page where I mention the differences... there are about a half a dozen differences... in a video with like 1000 elements in it its just a small change.

Super bonkers. Great video - probably could've handled the roll out a little smoother so that fanboys didn't go all "Mercy" on the artistically superior "leaked version." :lol:

Looks like a high tech, live action version of the Sgt. Peppers album cover.

Does anyone else lose this video at 2:21? It happened to me on myspace, and again when I watched the one imbedded here.

Did my own survey over the last week.
I must have asked nearly 40 carefully selected people. Half huge fans of U2, the other half casual fans or so-so with them.

All listened to the song may times, then watched the video.

Results: U2 fans - most weren't sure yet or found it underwhelming,
non U2 fans - most liked/loved it. Some just thought it was so unlike U2.

...............BTW, each one thinks the video is great.

is it necessary to spark an oasis vs U2 or oasis vs anybody argument/debate in every thread possible? i mean we get it, you love oasis.

I think Boots is turning out to be a grower guys. On Youtube its the #4 music video for today and on myspace its #1 (mentioned it in the Chart Watch thread). Makes me wonder who are the geniuses deciding the radio charts :hmm:

Regardless, as long as the boys are able to pull off the Grammy's performance it should get a big boost next week.

I cant watch the youtube version, it hurts my eyes. So fucking piss poor :angry:

GOYB Video available to download on Itunes

Just found GOYB video available from Itunes for $1.49

just bought it. But it was not iTunes Plus. It will appear on iTunes Plus within the following week and iTunes will want another 60 cents from us to upgrade.

How's the quality of the video from ITunes? Music videos are apparently only avaliable in the US Store :sad:

So when is the single available to download/buy?? This is getting pretty confusing lol.

So when is the single available to download/buy?? This is getting pretty confusing lol.

Download is sunday the 15th, buy monday 16th, Grammys wednesday 18th..... i really dont think thats a coincidence that the Grammys are 2 days after the single is released.

Download is sunday the 15th, buy monday 16th, Grammys wednesday 18th..... i really dont think thats a coincidence that the Grammys are 2 days after the single is released.

The Grammys happened yesterday. You're thinking of the Brits.

Yeap the clip is protected, will have to wait until iTunes decides it is time to upgrade it to iTunes Plus.

Back
Top Bottom