Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the surprise of nobody, I'd port Chris Berman over. I'd set up shop in Westeros, probably with THE STARKS....while Berman would amass a fortune as a slave trader with even bigger aspirations and appetites in Astapor. Rumors of a fat motherfucking assclown expanding his wealth, empire and waistline would reach the ears of whoever was sitting the Iron Throne. As Berman's power and influence grew, so would the fear amongst those in Kings Landing and beyond. Eventually, I would be called upon to pay this upstart a visit, and I'd eventually kill him. Twice. If for some reason Berman could not be transported, or I could bring a 2nd enemy along, Dr. Luke could kiss his life goodbye. That fuck.

To the surprise of nobody, I'd port Chris Berman over. I'd set up shop in Westeros, probably with THE STARKS....while Berman would amass a fortune as a slave trader with even bigger aspirations and appetites in Astapor. Rumors of a fat motherfucking assclown expanding his wealth, empire and waistline would reach the ears of whoever was sitting the Iron Throne. As Berman's power and influence grew, so would the fear amongst those in Kings Landing and beyond. Eventually, I would be called upon to pay this upstart a visit, and I'd eventually kill him. Twice. If for some reason Berman could not be transported, or I could bring a 2nd enemy along, Dr. Luke could kiss his life goodbye. That fuck.

GAME OF DOUCHEBAGS

Winter is going...and could it go...ALL...THE...WAY??

Thanks, beegee. I hope you're doing well. You ain't posting as much as you used to. Join the Game of Thrones party. We're all in here biting our fingernails, watching every week. And sometimes NSW will show us a bit of his insanely awesome sports broadcasting/fantasy hybrid fan fiction.

Sometimes you miss a line or two because someone mumbles, or because a loud bus goes by on the street below, and the you get confused because the lines you missed happened to be important. Shit happens, man.

I completely understand not quite understanding what is happening at any given time. One of the big reasons I started reading the books was because I was constantly confused during the first two seasons. Hell, I couldn't tell Robb Stark and Jon Snow apart for ages.

I try not to be uber critical of adaptations because I get that they are supposed to be interpretations. And in general, I love how they have adapted the books for this series. Do I have small quibbles? Yes, but even then I get why they made the decision.

I might not even open this thread anymore, for fear of impy or tourist or some fucker getting their panties in a twist, discussing shit THAT HASN'T HAPPENED IN THE SHOW AND WON'T HAPPEN IN THE SHOW BECAUSE IT'S A DIFFERENT FUCKING THING.

I really think you're thinking Steved1998. I'm pretty sure impy and I triple spoiler everything and warn you not to open it. Not much more we can do....

^ a lot of fuckers in here, that's for sure

One of the big reasons I started reading the books was because I was constantly confused during the first two seasons. Hell, I couldn't tell Robb Stark and Jon Snow apart for ages.
I think Ygritte can tell them apart without a book.

I always knew Talisa wasn't just a concerned nurse. She's a spy - I knew it! Robb is in for some deep shit.

Glad we got our Essential, Critical weekly checkup of Theon getting the shit beaten out of him some more.

It says a lot about how insanely good Charles Dance is that a prick like Tywin Lannister has become one of my favorite characters. The Joffrey/Tywin scene was the highlight of the episode for me, although I did love Jon and Ygritte's exchanges and the FUCKING BEAR PIT.

I was waiting for Ser Jaime to say, "I immediately regret this decision", after he jumped into the pit.

Crossed my mind too. Brienne riding a furry tractor would've been a nice bit of levity.

It says a lot about how insanely good Charles Dance is that a prick like Tywin Lannister has become one of my favorite characters. The Joffrey/Tywin scene was the highlight of the episode for me

Seriously.

I can't take any more of Theon's gratuitous torturing.

It says a lot about how insanely good Charles Dance is that a prick like Tywin Lannister has become one of my favorite characters. The Joffrey/Tywin scene was the highlight of the episode for me,

Same here. It feels weird to look forward to his scenes, knowing how nasty he is. Yet, it was great to see him give Joffrey a verbal slapping, like when he said Joffrey could be carried to the council meetings.

I can't take any more of Theon's gratuitous torturing.

It's gone overboard now. We need to find out why he's being tortured and maimed.

The Theon shit doesn't need to be every episode. We get it. I understand why they're showing it considering you can't just have an actor under contract drop out for a season or two and have this happen in flashbacks come season five or whatever, but gratuitous really is the only word for it. Hopefully they take a week or two off from him getting fucked up and just reveal who his torturer is.

I actually really like what Iwan Rheon is doing with this as-yet-unnamed character too, but it's just boring to spend five minutes an episode with him slicing up Alfie Allen.

Speaking of Alfie Allen .... I just read that he is THE Alfie, i.e., Lilly Allen's little brother, of whom she wrote the song "Alfie," about how he's a massive stoner who likes to beat off.

HA!

Gosh, I laugh whenever that song comes up on my iPod. Imagine your big sister using her music to scold you! :lol:

Speaking of Alfie Allen .... I just read that he is THE Alfie, i.e., Lilly Allen's little brother, of whom she wrote the song "Alfie," about how he's a massive stoner who likes to beat off.

HA!

I brought that up in this very thread over a year ago. Thanks for reading! :wink: But, yeah, that's a fucking awesome connection and when I found out it immediately made me like the character a lot more.

The bear pit was great, as were Jon/Ygritte, as usual. And I liked the torture scene this week, because I liked seeing those two girls get all naked. Seeing Talisa naked again was cool, too.

One scene that I thought totally ruled that nobody has mentioned yet was Dany's scene. She fucked that dude up on the lyrical shit. And her dragons keep looking more and more fearsome. After finding Dany's adventures a bit stale last season (WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?!? ad nauseam), her development continues to be fascinating this year. And in some ways it's the most interesting thing happening on the show.

One scene that I thought totally ruled that nobody has mentioned yet was Dany's scene. She fucked that dude up on the lyrical shit. And her dragons keep looking more and more fearsome. After finding Dany's adventures a bit stale last season (WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?!? ad nauseam), her development continues to be fascinating this year. And in some ways it's the most interesting thing happening on the show.

Honestly, I think Dany is due for some major conflict. She seems to be having it so easy lately, unlike the other players who hit brick walls and make you wonder if they'll make it. Dany, meanwhile, has her dragons and her increasingly smart thinking, and she's just knocking things down left and right.

While its cool to see her kick ass, I think it makes it far too obvious that she'll get the Iron Throne. Maybe she does get it, but it looks too easy for her, and it makes everyone else's conflicts pointless, as if they are just distraction for Dany's upcoming major victory at the end. She needs to get lost again or have a major nemesis. Maybe this slave owner from this week will be that nemesis. Though, with three shrieking dragons, that won't be easy.

cori,

please review all 775 replies in this threat before you post again*

* if someone else already suggested this, I apologize

Hahah, it's mandatory!

Read ALL the posts!

There ain't no party like a Liz Lemon party, cuz a Liz Lemon party is MANDATORY.

I'm also having a real problem with the Theon scenes this season. They're not the first unpleasant or grisly scenes this show has offered us, but they seem to lack any sense of drama or point. So I've had to go on Wiki and read if this is actually going anywhere worthwhile / integral to the plot.

Book spoilery question for those that have read the books:

From what I can tell online, Theon is tortured by this Bolton bastard to the point where he is physically unrecognisable and mentally crushed. He becomes a sort of slave for the psycho, walking someone believed to be Arya down the aisle for him, then winds up a captive of Stannis along with his sister.

Without going into many details of other characters (I'd prefer to remain unspoiled on anything not directly related to this storyline), is this all there is to it? Just sheer misery and torment for the man?

Also, this is all in the fifth book. I'm by no means an expert on TV production, but Lost put Claire on a retaining contract after season 4, leaving her absent in 5 and returning in 6. Would this not have worked with Theon, storywise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom