GA tips (NO SETLIST SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely go to two shows. This tour, they'll actually be different setlist-wise and you will experience it two completely different ways.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good spot for one night then. I've tickets to two nights so I'll try to get a great spot for the band one night, and the screen the other.

couldn't get tickets for the other two shows, but maybe in a ticket drop I'll get lucky.

If the layout is the same, I can't recommend highly enough hanging next to the Red Zone entrance, if you just want to see the visuals. Great view of both stages, the band, and the board.

Oops! Yes, like LeMel just said, it's BONO that spends a heck of a lot of time on the E stage and the catwalk. Edge as well.

I'm 5'1". I was able to see Bono, Edge and Larry fairly well on the main stage through most of the show, even though it was rough if the guy to my right leaned too far out over space with his camera.

Ah got it. Thanks for the pics, were a big help. That was the exact spot I was aiming to do one of the nights; seems to be the best bet if you want a get a good view of both stages and sacrifice the screen.

I assume you wouldn't get quite the same view if you were standing on the other end next to the main stage since the E-Stage seems to be lower?

Amusingly, TM has again revised the floor layout for the LA Forum to more accurately show that GA access also goes behind the Red Zone on either side of the floor.

I spent last show in front of Edge on the main stage. It was a great spot. Edge spends a ton of time there. The drawbacks are less Bono, and it's way more crowded than the b stage. However, since I hadn't seen the first songs yet since I couldn't see the main stage from the B stage it was worth it.

If I were only doing one show though I'd pick the b stage.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using U2 Interference mobile app

I am taking my 10 year old son....any recommendations on where to be on the floor? I want him to be able to see!!

I am taking my 10 year old son....any recommendations on where to be on the floor? I want him to be able to see!!

Like people have been saying... Right by the Red Zone entrance on either side of the floor is an excellent place to stand to see the whole show--a rail to lean on, and you can see both ends of the stages as well as the whole big screen, or up against the 100 Level seats by the RZ entrance.

[BTW--at SJ2, there weren't a lot of people in Adam's side Red Zone. A security guard in the RZ saw a dad with his young-ish boy standing by us on the RZ rail, the boy couldn't see much and wasn't having a good time. He invited the dad and the boy into the RZ and let the kid stand on the edge of the RZ railing right in front of the front row of seats (he wasn't blocking the seats' view). Very cool. I told the security guard that it was really nice of him to do that. SAP Center had wonderful staff. I can't say enough good things about them.]

For 6/3 show, will there be a GA check in the night before outside The Forum venue? Anyone have some detail on where exactly it would be? If there is nocheck in the night before, how early do cars start lining up outside the parking lot to get in?

To steal from Chrisedge

thereisnolist.jpg

Like people have been saying... Right by the Red Zone entrance on either side of the floor is an excellent place to stand to see the whole show--a rail to lean on, and you can see both ends of the stages as well as the whole big screen, or up against the 100 Level seats by the RZ entrance.

[BTW--at SJ2, there weren't a lot of people in Adam's side Red Zone. A security guard in the RZ saw a dad with his young-ish boy standing by us on the RZ rail, the boy couldn't see much and wasn't having a good time. He invited the dad and the boy into the RZ and let the kid stand on the edge of the RZ railing right in front of the front row of seats (he wasn't blocking the seats' view). Very cool. I told the security guard that it was really nice of him to do that. SAP Center had wonderful staff. I can't say enough good things about them.]

I was on the floor for SJ2 too, but SouthSide. During the first part I was hanging by the RZ and there were some kids around there, but also some tall guys, so the dads had to hold the kids for them to see the main stage from time to time. Inside the RZ were Gavin Friday and Guy Oseary. I moved to another spot closer to the rail to see better (I'm short and those guys were really tall) so I don't know if the kids were allowed inside the RZ too.

Hey guys! There's a guy on Twitter saying he has GA tix at face value. I've been interacting with him. But when I asked about logistics since it's credit card entry, he replied "Let me check but it's basically a transfer. We'd use @PayPal since it's the safest way for both. I'll tweet you in a few." This isn't possible, am I right? You CAN'T transfer GA tix on this show, because there isn't a physical ticket. Or does TM have some mechanism by which a broker can transfer a GA ticket???

Yup! The guy is an idiot & just realized it. He didn't read the fine print. Now, those GA tix are gonna go to waste, because he's gonna be a no show, as he's down in San Diego & not making the drive up. Grrrrrrr.:angry:

Yup! The guy is an idiot & just realized it. He didn't read the fine print. Now, those GA tix are gonna go to waste, because he's gonna be a no show, as he's down in San Diego & not making the drive up. Grrrrrrr.:angry:

Offer to buy both at face value if he'll drive up and go to the show with you. I'd buy a GA at double face and consider it a bargain. Of course, don't pay until he shows up. :)

There was second buyer already in the mix. We both replied at the same time. So he would've completely recouped his $174. He even Tweeted a pic of the actual TM confirmation email that he got during pre-sale & basically said he's "SOL". Don't know what, but something obviously came up.

Does anyone know how GA check in is running for Denver show tomorrow and Sunday??

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

any word on how the Garden in Boston is handling their GA system? I've put in a few calls and haven't had any answers.

any word on how the Garden in Boston is handling their GA system? I've put in a few calls and haven't had any answers.

@U2 talked to the people at the Garden, official lineup cannot start until 6AM morning of the show. Of course, this does not stop the unofficial "queue", which I hear has already started...why, I don't know since you can probably roll up at noon day of and get a rail spot. The Garden has been known to give out numbered wristbands starting around 8 or 9 in the morning on show days (for security reasons - train station exit is right there and a federal building is right across), then you can come back later (5pm or so) to line up according to wrist band #. I expect that will be the case this time.

@U2 talked to the people at the Garden, official lineup cannot start until 6AM morning of the show. Of course, this does not stop the unofficial "queue", which I hear has already started...why, I don't know since you can probably roll up at noon day of and get a rail spot. The Garden has been known to give out numbered wristbands starting around 8 or 9 in the morning on show days (for security reasons - train station exit is right there and a federal building is right across), then you can come back later (5pm or so) to line up according to wrist band #. I expect that will be the case this time.

I walked by during my lunch break and there was no line. I really hope this isn't true and someone was mistaken. There is a Shania twain show there tonight

Just because there isn't a line it doesn't mean some loon hasn't started a list. With so much rail space, it is so silly to have these "lines" start so early.

I walked by during my lunch break and there was no line. I really hope this isn't true and someone was mistaken. There is a Shania twain show there tonight

Wait, there's not 1000's of Shania fans lined up by the west entrance?
How the mighty have fallen. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom