funniest thing you've heard in a u2 [audience recorded] bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maro_chik said:
I can't remember what show it was, but it was during the Elevation tour when Bad segued into When I Look At The World. One guy says "I CANNOT believe it. That is f*cking awesome." :wink:

Kansas City

phillyfan26 said:

I know a guy who at every wedding we've been to shouts "Freebird" after every song ends. Could be the same guy...?

It's pretty common to hear that at least once in an Ohio wedding.:lol:

I was just listening to the bootleg of U2 in Copenhagen (7-31-05) and right before they bust into 'Zoo Station' there's a guy that says something along the lines of "Ready Bono?". :D

The 05/31/92 London England show, a drunk(?) guy yells Bono is god throughout the show along with a "Bono Spit on me" during one of the songs.

Running to Stand Still starts off with this guy screaming "YES YES!!!!!! Bono is God!" Cracks me up every time I hear it.

I was the guy who yelled "OH MY GOD, CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE, THEY'VE NEVER PLAYED THIS BEFORE!"

I gasped and grabbed my hair, it was truely a great moment. Everyone else kinda looked at me like what? :huh:

theu2fly said:
I was the guy who yelled "OH MY GOD, CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE, THEY'VE NEVER PLAYED THIS BEFORE!"

I gasped and grabbed my hair, it was truely a great moment. Everyone else kinda looked at me like what? :huh:

nice :wink:

from one of the santiago recordings... a real bad one, some guy says this at the strat of Vertigo...

UNO
DOS
TRES
CUATRO!!!

:lmao:

westendgirl said:
Dublin '93 "Michael Jackson if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad, guilty before you've been given a chance..."

:giggle:

Wonder what Bono thinks now...

well technically he was right, Jacko was cleared.

:wink:

pepokiss said:
from one of the santiago recordings... a real bad one, some guy says this at the strat of Vertigo...

UNO
DOS
TRES
CUATRO!!!

:lmao:

:lmao: that one wins this thread

i don't know what show it is and i can't remember what the song is, i think its OOTS. But theres a man in the audience talking like Apu from Simpsons, "I love U2, i love you, Bono i love you"

:lol:

I have a boot from a show I actually attended during the JT tour from Hartford (US-CT) and they played Spring Hill Mining Disaster and during the bridge of the song there's a part where the Band get's really quiet and some one screams right before Bono starts singing again and it sounds so haunting :ohmy:.

Talk about dating myself I have this boot on vinyl :huh: thank goodness I had the where with all to record this to cassette.

In the Complete Boston 83 Tapes, during Party Girl

Bono Sings

"she won't tell me her name - what's your name?'

and a woman, presumably the one on stage with him shouts 'LINDA!'

Bono mumbles something along the lines of 'er......alright' before carrying on with the song.

waynetravis said:
i don't know what show it is and i can't remember what the song is, i think its OOTS. But theres a man in the audience talking like Apu from Simpsons, "I love U2, i love you, Bono i love you"

MSG, 11/22/05!!! I think he also shouts out at some point in the show "I love America!" :laugh:
By the way, I'm Sarah's Mom Liz. :wave:

:wave: hi Sarah's mum!!
yeah, its on Beautiful Day near the end!!
i was one the who gave your daughter the audio for her birthday :D:up:

On one of my Joshua Tree Tour boots a in the middle of WOWY a guy asks the people around him "have you seen my girlfriend?".

I always felt sorry for him that he couldn't find his girl to hold during this classic track.

Because that's what us lads like to do - hold onto our girls when this track is being played ;)

theu2fly said:

:lol: I was there too and screamed something like what you said as well. It was a great moment! :happy:

This reminds me of something completely different!?!

On Pink Floyds last but one DVD you can clearly see a young member of the audience 'mouth' the words, 'Oh shit, they’ve got a fucking pig'. (In slow motion)

theu2fly said:

Knowing that it was someone on here who yelled that makes my day. EVERYTIME I hear that song now I think of you yelling that :lol:

Last edited:
QUESTION FOR "CLIFEDGE" !!!!!!

At the beginning of this thread, you mentioned the Atlanta Conspiracy of Hope show. Is there a place I could find a bootleg of that? That was my first ever U2 show and would LOVE to have a recording.

Would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

tuwie said:

i like one from Crumbs during Vertigo tour (minneapolis, i believe) where the taper said "OOHHH MY GOD!!! they'eve never played this before!" lol<3

Are there different recordings of this show? Last night I finally got around to listening to the Minneapolis boot, looking forward to this moment :lol: , and I didn't hear it :(.

I have recording of the band at Irving Plaza (NYC),Bono was introducing Edge when some guy yells "Yankees Baseball!" Bono laughed and concluded his intro. P.S Great show!

Back
Top Bottom