For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored on a Saturday night (yeah, I have NO life, and I'm pooped from trudging through waist-deep snow with the dogs) so I snapped a few pics. I couldn't find Posh though.

Cheated and used a crappy flash
Cats%20March%203%2007%20001.jpg

Cats%20March%203%2007%20002.jpg

Cats%20March%203%2007%20003.jpg

Grumpy McGrumperson :grumpy: He's not as fat as he looks, really!
Cats%20March%203%2007%20008.jpg

Cats%20March%203%2007%20012.jpg

Cats%20March%203%2007%20013.jpg

He still falls for "look, treat on my head!" trick
Cats%20March%203%2007%20014.jpg

I haven't had a chance to look at all of these beautiful creatures yet, but I will! For now, I'd like to post pictures of my own babies.

Miss Purrl (hence my username) was my baby from October 4, 1984 (she was three months old when I got her and was part of a litter that had been born in a barn up the hill from where I was living at the time), until we lost her to jaw cancer on January 27, 2005. But she had a good, long life. I never really got many good pictures of her sweet face, because she learned early on that when I had "that thing" in my hands, there would be a bright light, and turned her head away.

MissPurrl12-03.jpg

This picture was taken on her 20th birthday.

Purrls20thbirthday0604.jpg

The day after I picked up her ashes from the vet, I went to PetSmart "just to look at the kitties" and for some "fuzz therapy." There was such an empty space in our home! When I walked into the adoption room, all of the cats started meowing--at the cage at the end of the row, a white paw reached out toward me. I went there, and it was a calico girl. She rubbed her face on my hand, and the attendant asked if I wanted to hold her. I did, and she snuggled down in my arms. I went home and told MrPurrl, who replied, "Well, I guess we'd better go look at her. Call and ask them not to let anyone have her before we get there." And we brought her home and changed her name to Callie from Autumn, her shelter name.

CallieAndersonTartan05small.jpg

Last spring we bought a house and moved. In late June, a stray cat started hanging around the back yard; and we started feeding him. We took him in July 3, took him to the vet, who pronounced him "severely malnourished and full of fleas." We got him fixed up and brought him home; and he told us his name was Fergus.

FergusFlag1.jpg

At first it was a challenge to integrate him into the household; Callie was very territorial.

FaceOff.jpg

Fergus has grown into a 20-pounder, a huge, long cat with extremely long legs. After eight months, they are getting along quite well, despite occasional "dust-up", as witness this picture taken during our "big snow" a couple weeks ago.

SnowDay021407-4.jpg

Having two cats is good, and we love them very much!

Last edited:
Everybody's kitties are so cute! :cute:

Jack loves to play laser and string. He also loves Yeowww catnip toys, especially the bananas. I think he's on his fourth or fifth one because he keeps ripping them to shreds! We play with his laser so much that it broke, so I have to make a trip to Petsmart this week.

Our cats seem to think that The Best Toy in the World is a shoelace--hours of fun! They also like their catnip mice and those high-bouncing super balls. Last fall I bought a catnip bag at a shop on Sanibel Island that was advertised as the best catnip that could be bought: "If you don 't open it, they will." Fergus and Callie both love it and go crazy with it.

Here's one of my favorite pictures of them together.

CallieFergusBookends091706.jpg

MsPurrl what lovely kitties you have. And so lucky to have had Miss Purrl in your life for so long :heart:

All the kitties are so cute! :cute: :cute:

Sicy said:
MsPurrl what lovely kitties you have. And so lucky to have had Miss Purrl in your life for so long :heart:

All the kitties are so cute! :cute: :cute:

Thanks. I'm sure that all of the contributors to this thread know how we feel about our "furkids." :love:

This is just plain weird!

I got sent an email today called 'painted cats' Apparently some of these paint jobs cost up to $15000 and have to be re-done every 3 months as the cat's fur grows out...I just have one thing to say - WHY??????
Here's a few examples and i'll post more if anyone is interested!

image027.jpg

image020.jpg

image016.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

wow 20 years is very old for a cat Mspurrl! I haven't heard of a cat reaching that age before! Our old cat was 18 when he went in search for us when we were on holidays again :rolleyes: he always did that... and ended up in a different neighbourhood, we'd await the call from somebody who found him after we returned each year..

the painted cats :no: why would people do that to their pets????

Painted cats :down:

Chichi our family cat is 18 and though she is living with kidney failure she is still hanging in there. It is incredible how some animals can live so long. They just dont want to go yet!!

daafish said:

:lol: that's one sleepy cat!

/nerd alert

I see someone is into WoW, what level is that Hunter?

/end nerd alert

Hey nerd, why dont you post a pic of your cat :angry: :wink:
Preferably the matrix one :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom