For anyone who's been caught speeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Mum was driving along the road last week at 40 mph

Me: Mum your speeding this is a 30 mph road and your doing 40mph your only allowed to be doing 35 at the most along here because they allow you 10% of the maximum speed plus 2 so thats 35

Mum: *slows down* Ever since you started driving you have become a smart little so and so havent you

Me: Of course :D

But there is a speed camera further along the road I was saving her 3 penalty points and a fine

they have those cameras on traffic lights in new york city, catching those who run red lights. they've also tried using this thing called e-z pass as a way to catch speeders. it's a thing that you stick on your window, and when you pass through a toll both, it scans the e-z pass and charges your credit card instead of using cash. it saves time for the driver and helps ease traffic backups at congested toll areas. but what they've figured out they could do is take the recorded time at one toll area, take the next recorded time at the next toll area, average them out... take the difference and time, divide it by the distance traveled, and if it comes out to faster than the speed limit, they send you a ticket. it's been fought in court though and i don't think they're doing it anymore.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
but what they've figured out they could do is take the recorded time at one toll area, take the next recorded time at the next toll area, average them out... take the difference and time, divide it by the distance traveled, and if it comes out to faster than the speed limit, they send you a ticket. it's been fought in court though and i don't think they're doing it anymore.

Unbelievable!!! Thank God they stopped it. Hopefully the person who thought of it is back in their padded cell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom