Flying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
This is one of my favorite pieces, because it represents a very happy time in my life. I did this illustration while I was in the workshop where I made new friends and I met my boyfriend, the sweetest man in the world :cute:...

back on topic: I made this illustration with Quink (Parker Ink) and bleach, giving a "rusty" look to the image. It was inspired in one of the scenes of the "little Prince" , although it doesn't intend to illustrate that story.

flying_by_muggsy.jpg

Last edited:
That's lovely Muggsy. I love the light glowing from underneath and the feeling of lightness.

(Sorry for blurting out in your last thread with my little sketch thing :reject: I thought it was going to be a communal thread)

:love:

wow, muggsy! the detail on the argyll pattern and the lace edging of the dress is amazing!

i really hope you get the opportunity to illustrate your own children's book. i would seriously pay good money for a book of your illustrations.

i can't wait to see more!

gr@cie said:
That's lovely Muggsy. I love the light glowing from underneath and the feeling of lightness.

(Sorry for blurting out in your last thread with my little sketch thing :reject: I thought it was going to be a communal thread)

hehe.. dont' worry :D, I liked the sketch and I did some for myself :D, that link was really cool.

Very nice, indeed. You should consider signing your work though....
Quite talented you are.

carol
wizard2c
:|

beautifil, lovely

why don't you release a book with your illustrations? I mean, an art book, maybe a limited edition book?

yo pagaría por un libro con tu arte

Jack In The Box said:
beautifil, lovely

why don't you release a book with your illustrations? I mean, an art book, maybe a limited edition book?

yo pagaría por un libro con tu arte

yo termine un libro para mi proyecto de grado y estoy buscandole un lugar en la feria del libro aquí en Bogotá. Aunque yo lo vendo por mi cuenta, obviamente estoy buscando la forma de que lo publiquen a través de una editorial.

Muggsy, if you're interested in illustrating, there is a great book I would suggest. It's called "The Lord of the Rings Sketchbook" by Alan Lee......

"The Lord of the Rings Sketchbook provides a fascinating insight into the imagination of the man who painted Tolkien's vision, first on the page and then in three dimensions on the movie screen. It will also be of interest to many of the thousands of people who have bought the illustrated Lord of the Rings as well as to budding artists who want to unlock the secrets of book illustration."

It is a tremendous book. With your talent your potential is unlimited. Perhaps the library may have a copy....if you can't locate it let me know. It is a worthwhile venture into the world of illustration.

I mentioned the signature because of forgery, etc. You need to protect your creations.

carol
wizard2c

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Muggsy, if you're interested in illustrating, there is a great book I would suggest. It's called "The Lord of the Rings Sketchbook" by Alan Lee......

"The Lord of the Rings Sketchbook provides a fascinating insight into the imagination of the man who painted Tolkien's vision, first on the page and then in three dimensions on the movie screen. It will also be of interest to many of the thousands of people who have bought the illustrated Lord of the Rings as well as to budding artists who want to unlock the secrets of book illustration."

It is a tremendous book. With your talent your potential is unlimited. Perhaps the library may have a copy....if you can't locate it let me know. It is a worthwhile venture into the world of illustration.

I mentioned the signature because of forgery, etc. You need to protect your creations.

carol
wizard2c

Yeah that book is amazing, I've seen the sketch book and I have the big LOTR book illustrated by Alan Lee (it is "my precious" :p), and I really admire his work, his drawings are great, and his watercolors :drool:

Muggsy said:

yo termine un libro para mi proyecto de grado y estoy buscandole un lugar en la feria del libro aquí en Bogotá. Aunque yo lo vendo por mi cuenta, obviamente estoy buscando la forma de que lo publiquen a través de una editorial.

oh, that's right, you were asking me for Mexican editors, I remember

I really want a book with your art

Muggsy....I would also like a copy of your book when published.

{Gollum was an interesting LOTR character......quite remarkable / ultimate
on the cinema screen}.

I'm patiently awaiting the cinema version of The Hobbit......time......time, my precious..........we must wait, precious, wait and see.

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom