Fancy Gap, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the contrarians who hated her their entire lives who are now saying "SHE PAVED THE WAY FOR WOMEN SHOW SOME RESPECT"

She paved the way for cockheads with no compassion or empathy to fucking destroy society and politics and we're still reeling from the neoliberal bullshit she and Reagan loved so dearly.

No respect shall be shown.

Fucking good riddance to a fucking lowlife.

Loving the contrarians who hated her their entire lives who are now saying "SHE PAVED THE WAY FOR WOMEN SHOW SOME RESPECT"

Exactly. This happens every fucking time someone dies, but I cannot see how people are doing it about Maggie.

You're an arse until you die and then look what happens. The Eulogy Song is very relevant right now

Not a dig at you Liam, I love you.

I actually have no idea about her to be honest. The only things I know is she was right-leaning and she made George Negus uncomfortable in an interview on Bert Newton's 20 to 1.

She paved the way for cockheads with no compassion or empathy to fucking destroy society and politics and we're still reeling from the neoliberal bullshit she and Reagan loved so dearly.

No respect shall be shown.

Fucking good riddance to a fucking lowlife.

That and she was best mates with Pinochet, who was a right old bastard who got off a bit easy with his own demise.

Maggie loved all the complete scumbags of the world.

One day I hope to literally be able to dance on her grave.

I'm not even convinced her corpse will survive the funeral to be honest.

Not a dig at you Liam, I love you.

I actually have no idea about her to be honest. The only things I know is she was right-leaning and she made George Negus uncomfortable in an interview on Bert Newton's 20 to 1.

No, it's cool.

Thatcher was a cunt, but she was a cunt that undeniably made some progress in terms of women in politics. There is no black or white, only shades of grey.

I'll drink a toast when that insidious fuckhead Bolt dies too.

And I hope they make doubly sure that Maggie is dead. Need to be certain she's not coming back.

Thatcher was a cunt, but she was a cunt that undeniably made some progress in terms of women in politics.

Fuck no.

This re-reading of history to suggest that Thatcher has any place in women's progress or feminism is beyond moronic. She fucking set women's rights back. Let's not kid ourselves here or act as if she did anything good for gender equality.

I've met men with less balls than Maggie.

I'll drink a toast when that insidious fuckhead Bolt dies too.

And I hope they make doubly sure that Maggie is dead. Need to be certain she's not coming back.

Don't worry, Dave will make sure to waste taxpayer's money in order to try and bring her back.

Fuck no.

This re-reading of history to suggest that Thatcher has any place in women's progress or feminism is beyond moronic. She fucking set women's rights back. Let's not kid ourselves here or act as if she did anything good for gender equality.

I've met men with less balls than Maggie.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I hope only to say this once, and I don't mean to attack anyone. The first thing I had to deal with at school today was someone defending Thatcher. Claiming that she was a strong woman blah blah, and that this particular person's family in Britain prospered under her rule (how can you even say that and be proud?). It was far too early for me to fight back, as I woke up at 5:45 and had only drank one coffee, plus it was hardly the time and place to get into a debate. All I could do was sit and squirm and nod and try to get out of it.

This "she was a strong woman, she was good for feminism" reaction is one I'm seeing so much of today, far more than I was expecting, and I'm horrified by it. Why? Because it is immediately judging her as a woman, not as a politician. Would you defend Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, et. al. as being "strong men"? Why must we seperate Thatcher? Why must we seperate any women from other politicians, or people in any other field? That's not equality. That's not feminism. Thatcher should be judged the same as her male counterparts without exception. She was a vile human being who left the world worse off than she found out. And no amount of misguided claims that she was good for feminism (rubbish) or that her character deserves to be admired should change that.

I'm avoiding Facebook and practically everything else today because I don't want to read anything else about her and any more sudden revisionism. Fuck Thatcher.

On another note, I want to properly learn a language, not just fuck around looking at a whole bunch of them, and as far as what I hope of my future goes, either French or Spanish would potentially be equally useful. But I only want to concentrate on one of them. Whaddayou guys think? I already know more Spanish (did it in school, can actually pronounce some of the worlds properly) but French definitely makes it sound like you know your shit, and it will make the ladies and gentlemen swoon. Just say one of them. Ah, go on.

I hope only to say this once, and I don't mean to attack anyone. The first thing I had to deal with at school today was someone defending Thatcher. Claiming that she was a strong woman blah blah, and that this particular person's family in Britain prospered under her rule (how can you even say that and be proud?). It was far too early for me to fight back, as I woke up at 5:45 and had only drank one coffee, plus it was hardly the time and place to get into a debate. All I could do was sit and squirm and nod and try to get out of it.

This "she was a strong woman, she was good for feminism" reaction is one I'm seeing so much of today, far more than I was expecting, and I'm horrified by it. Why? Because it is immediately judging her as a woman, not as a politician. Would you defend Hitler, Stalin, Hussein, et. al. as being "strong men"? Why must we seperate Thatcher? Why must we seperate any women from other politicians, or people in any other field? That's not equality. That's not feminism. Thatcher should be judged the same as her male counterparts without exception. She was a vile human being who left the world worse off than she found out. And no amount of misguided claims that she was good for feminism (rubbish) or that her character deserves to be admired should change that.

I'm avoiding Facebook and practically everything else today because I don't want to read anything else about her and any more sudden revisionism. Fuck Thatcher.

Thank you SO MUCH oh my god

I can't even add anything, this is what I've been trying to articulate all day.

YES.

So much YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom