FanArt, V2 - what you've all been waiting for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
digsy said:
and the reason for the thread bump... i was housebound this weekend because i'm too broke to go out :lol: so i decided to paint something.
my digital camera is bust so i had to take a pic with my phone so its not very clear and a little blurry but you get the idea... it looks a lot better in real life though (if i do say so myself :wink: )

acrylic on canvas, its about 40cm/1.5ft square...

bonoside.jpg

:love:
fuzzy Bono head!
hm.. :shifty: don't tell anyone, but I've started the Bono pic with the hat from the Independent Bono edition, the sports page...
but sofar I only have the hat... and not sure when I'll ever finish it... but I'll try... :wink:

EdgeDrawing.jpg

I drew this picture a while ago using a grid on the picture and the paper I drew on. You can sort of see the lines but I like it anyway.

oh nice!
well, here's mine... I don't like it.. at all... I CANNOT get his finger right... so I didn't even dare try the hand.. hands are the thing I just can't draw.. *sigh*
again, crappy webcam, ignore that :wink:
bonoindependentdrawing9lq.jpg

mart said:
i did 3 years of advertising, we had this one lecturer who insisted we do mm drawings.
the brand is called magic marker with 2 ends, flat and sharp.
the best advice i can give is that its all about layering, use the lightest colour possible and the do multiple layers to get it darker
also get a blender marker but dont blend after. wet the area before with the blender that way you get an even tone.
hope that makes sense :)

Went to FIT in NYC took a year of Marker Rendering that was a course offered in the Advertising major.

here`s my poor attempt of trying to draw The Fly...

the picture itself.
untitled9ca.png

my pic.
picture0157oo.jpg
:scratch:not even close,kinda looks kidish to me.

digsy said:
and the reason for the thread bump... i was housebound this weekend because i'm too broke to go out :lol: so i decided to paint something.
my digital camera is bust so i had to take a pic with my phone so its not very clear and a little blurry but you get the idea... it looks a lot better in real life though (if i do say so myself :wink: )

acrylic on canvas, its about 40cm/1.5ft square...

bonoside.jpg

That is an absolutely fantastic painting :)

wow i´m very impressed by all of you :D it´s too much to quote every pic i like so i´ll just say i´m allready a fan of especially Digsy, vogliobonovox, and mart :D:D i wanna see more!

(maybe i´ll post some of mine too)

I've been feeling pretty crappy recently and I found that painting is very therapeutic, so I painted this...

art1onbed.jpg

(It's not done, you can see all the pencil smudges where I drew the outlines first)

I also did this a while back, it's not done, but I can't be arsed to finish it off.

crappymccrap.jpg

* Sorry for my crappy photography skills/crappy camera - I have a scanner but I have no clue how to use it.

Last edited:
Total U2 Nut said:
I've been feeling pretty crappy recently and I found that painting is very therapeutic, so I painted this...

art1onbed.jpg

(It's not done, you can see all the pencil smudges where I drew the outlines first)

I also did this a while back, it's not done, but I can't be arsed to finish it off.

That`s the pic I made with Illustrator :shocked: :wink: :)

BTW, nice work EVERYONE!! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom