Facts, confessions, and the like, of a random nature, 10th ed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know how all my mates find it so easy to pick up at clubs! maybe i gotta find a new scene. the past 21 years (legal in the US in a month woo!) haven't been a huge success :lol:

I have a book that might be able to help you with that.

My offer to to be your wingman for a night still stands. I can't, however, guarantee I won't steal a lady or two from you. I'm awesome, what can I say?

I really should stick to the one cup of coffee in the morning.

I've seen The Million Dollar Hotel two days ago and now am addicted to The Ground Beneath Her Feet... again.

I'm looking for a new flatmate currently. Out of 20 requests in the first couple hours I had two Germans, and enough musicians to form a big band plus photographers, financial manager, cooks, marketing expert and whatnot. I should go on tour with them. :D

don't know how all my mates find it so easy to pick up at clubs! maybe i gotta find a new scene. the past 21 years (legal in the US in a month woo!) haven't been a huge success :lol:

I know that very well.

I feel like I am not "progressing" through life or becoming what they call a Mature Adult, but I just don't care right now. I'm actually having fun.

After going on vacation and visiting my very chilled-out relatives and going to Winnipeg (Canadians are also very laid-back people), it seems to me that most of the people around me are very uptight and stressed out. No one takes the time to just relax and are always worried about something.

They also seem to think that you are not living responsibly if you don't have a "real job," which means it's full-time and not fun. In fact, I think the more miserable your job is, the more respectable you are in their eyes. That doesn't make sense to me, I guess because I'm a creative person and I need something more than just mindless drudgery five days a week. That might make me sound lazy, but that's how I feel.

I don't know why I'm talking about this; maybe I just need to vent.

There is nothing wrong with fun. Do whatever makes you happy. My job isn't full time, but I absolutely love it. :love:

Canadians are very laid back!:wink:

random confession: Not making the same mistakes a second time is harder than simply telling yourself you won't do it.

Almost a year now, since I've been in face-to-face contact with the weird kid from Italian class that I was nice to, and he is STILL texting me and talking to me on facebook with me not replying. How could you not get the hint!!!

Almost a year now, since I've been in face-to-face contact with the weird kid from Italian class that I was nice to, and he is STILL texting me and talking to me on facebook with me not replying. How could you not get the hint!!!
i'd ask if you've actually told the guy to get lost, but i know with some people, even when you bluntly tell them to leave you alone they can still pester you.

with one person i had to tell them to leave me alone or i'd call the police to finally get them to leave me alone.

Or get a surfboard and kick that mofo's ass!

I love you :heart:

I have a book that might be able to help you with that.

My offer to to be your wingman for a night still stands. I can't, however, guarantee I won't steal a lady or two from you. I'm awesome, what can I say?

:lol:

random confession: Not making the same mistakes a second time is harder than simply telling yourself you won't do it.

yup, it's a tricky little monkey that one . . . I guess awareness of it is a step in the right direction though, yeah? :)

i'd ask if you've actually told the guy to get lost, but i know with some people, even when you bluntly tell them to leave you alone they can still pester you.

with one person i had to tell them to leave me alone or i'd call the police to finally get them to leave me alone.

:ohmy: that's not so fabulous at all *shudder*

blank, nada, zip . . . I got nothing to say :p

I feel like I am not "progressing" through life or becoming what they call a Mature Adult, but I just don't care right now. I'm actually having fun.

They also seem to think that you are not living responsibly if you don't have a "real job," which means it's full-time and not fun. In fact, I think the more miserable your job is, the more respectable you are in their eyes. That doesn't make sense to me, I guess because I'm a creative person and I need something more than just mindless drudgery five days a week. That might make me sound lazy, but that's how I feel.

I don't know why I'm talking about this; maybe I just need to vent.

:up:

I'm kinda in this category also. Although you might say I have a "real 8:15-5pm job", but outside of work hours, some nights are still like they were back in high school. Up late watching TV/music/Playstation yadda yadda. yaddaa. It's a little strange.

My parents drummed it into me all through my high school life, particularly the last two years that you know "Finish school (which I did) go to Uni (which I didn't) get your degree blah blah blah" I don't particularly like the job I'm in, it's something I'd never ever done or thought of doing until I turned up for work experience, and they liked me (more like were desperate for staff) and 4 years later I'm still here. Is it what I want to do with the rest of my working life? Oh hell no. I feel like I've been pushed into this position and now I'm in so deep I can't get out.

The other problem is, I just don't know what else I would do. I'm more than happy to stack shelves at Kmart for the rest of my life :laugh:

my first cat, who lives with my mom, may have mouth cancer. He's getting up there in years, I picked him out when i was in the 5th grade. And he hasn't been too healthy for a few years. But I've never had to deal with a pet (family member) dying. So I'm dealing by distancing myself. :sigh: He lives in Oregon, so it's not like I can just visit every other day...

my first cat, who lives with my mom, may have mouth cancer. He's getting up there in years, I picked him out when i was in the 5th grade. And he hasn't been too healthy for a few years. But I've never had to deal with a pet (family member) dying. So I'm dealing by distancing myself. :sigh: He lives in Oregon, so it's not like I can just visit every other day...

:hug::sad: How awful.

I have emetophobia.

That's really awful to have. :hug:

I really need to stop eating so much candy.

I have emetophobia.

I don't have a phobia of that, but hearing someone vomitting, smelling it or seeing it makes my stomach turn either. Which is rather bad in a situation where you need to help someone, because you cannot be of any help really.

I don't have a phobia of that, but hearing someone vomitting, smelling it or seeing it makes my stomach turn either. Which is rather bad in a situation where you need to help someone, because you cannot be of any help really.

Same here. Though I try to help still, and I'm good at getting pans right in time when people are going to vomit. I just go find a window as soon as it happens because if I smell it, I go myself.

If there's no one else to help, sure. You cannot run away. Once my roommate in Montana was totally wasted (don't drink a pack of eggnog for breakfast when it's still in the 70s/20s°), so I came back to the room and it smelt bad. When he started again, I went to the next room to get someone take care of him, before it's two in one room. He was also about my height but quite athletic, so no chance for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom