Facts, confessions, and the like, of a random nature, 10th ed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a confession to make.

cobbler is a wussy.

Oh and to continue the last post of the last thread. I confess, I don't even know when Father's day is.

This thread title is made of win. :love:

On another note. I just came back from the supermarket. It's right next to the rail tracks, which are on a high bridge and have high fences. It was crowded with cops, firetrucks and ambulances. Yugh. Why do people do things like this? I mean, even IF you go as far as wanting to end your life, which is way too far IMO, but even if you do it, why ruin the life of another innocent person with it? The train driver is probably traumatised for the rest of his life, and plenty other train passengers too. :sigh:

Sub 10 C is almost unbearable.

*translates into Fahrenheit*

50 degrees? That's not even below freezing! :tsk:

During the winter, sometimes I go outside after I take a shower and my hair is still wet and I get ice dreadlocks. I only stay out long enough so the dog can do his business, but it only takes a minute for my hair to freeze.

:lol:

Frozen hair dreadlocks. That would happen to me all the time when I was a kid!!

We have had snow in late May here too!

Dragging something over from the previous thread: cobl04, you do realize that thrush is a yeast infection? :reject:

I actually didn't until I was in one of my bored, click-on-random-wikipedia-pages moods the other day, and I somehow made my way from flames to yeast infection.

I always wondered why people got so :yikes: whenever those two words were uttered.

You're such a wuss Cobbler. It's 10C here now and here I am, sitting in a t-shirt and without socks. I don't wear socks if I don't have to go out and it's above 5C. Not needed. :shrug:

You still sure you wanna come to Europe in our winter? :wink:

I figure Cobbler's talking about -10C, yeah?

In any case, 10C sucks heaps for me too. Anything less than 25 does. See, this is the one true reason that's holding me back from living anywhere else, except maybe a villa on the surface of Mercury.

:lol: Wow, you guys are so weird. I'd take anything between 0 and 25, higher than 25 isn't good for me cause I can hardly breathe and overheat like a mofo.

I figure Cobbler's talking about -10C, yeah?

In any case, 10C sucks heaps for me too. Anything less than 25 does. See, this is the one true reason that's holding me back from living anywhere else, except maybe a villa on the surface of Mercury.

Nope, 10C. Thank christ we went to America in the summer. I couldn't even deal with San Fran's so-called "summer" chill. Freezing.

:lol: Wow, you guys are so weird. I'd take anything between 0 and 25, higher than 25 isn't good for me cause I can hardly breathe and overheat like a mofo.

Exactly this!:love:

School never gets cancelled for coldness, only blizzards where we get 2 feet or more of snow...:lol:

I guess that makes me super freaky!:shifty:

My school cancelled once in the 7 years I was there. Because there was a massive wind storm and the roof panels were flying off. :lol: So it was too dangerous as they landed on the square in front of the school, bombarding people.

We were out for three days in high school once because there was a huge ice storm right after Christmas break. We came back the first day and by lunchtime they were sending us back home. I don't know how many inches of ice were coating everything, but it was a mess and the power was out most of the time. I don't know what the temperature was because the outdoor thermometer froze at 31 degrees and didn't move for days. We had to keep our house sealed up to keep the heat in and by the time it was over our house reeked of match smoke and kerosene because that was our only light source. I'm so glad I wasn't born in the 1800s because I would have gone insane from living like that all the time. :crack:

I can't listen to Running to Stand Still, Streets or WOWY without tearing up. The live versions of RTSS/Dirty Old Town & RTSS/Streets in particular.

I can't listen to Running to Stand Still, Streets or WOWY without tearing up. The live versions of RTSS/Dirty Old Town & RTSS/Streets in particular.

I think you have a lot of company here!! If I get to hear "All I Want Is You" in Chicago on July 5, I'd better have some tissues available! :D

Try living in Siberia :tongue:

At my school, they only cancelled classes when it got below -30C.

:no: . . . it's around 8C here today, and blowing an icy gale and I don't like it . . . although I'll take the biting cold over the hot sludgefest of humidity any given day of the week and thrice on Sundays :)

I think you have a lot of company here!! If I get to hear "All I Want Is You" in Chicago on July 5, I'd better have some tissues available! :D

big fat doubly ditto . . . I heard All I Want Is You whilst randomly perusing the frozen foods in my local supermarket recently . . . it wasn't pretty :reject: and Purrl, when AIWIY made itself heard in Sydney last year my buddy and I were a flipping mess :lol: crying and smiling and spluttering like loons :)

:grouphug:

big fat doubly ditto . . . I heard All I Want Is You whilst randomly perusing the frozen foods in my local supermarket recently . . . it wasn't pretty :reject: and Purrl, when AIWIY made itself heard in Sydney last year my buddy and I were a flipping mess :lol: crying and smiling and spluttering like loons :)

:grouphug:

If we are lucky enough to get AIWIY on July 5, we'll include you in the group hug! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom