eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alternative take: keep Elevation because it's one of the few songs everyone is into

No kidding. At all these shows, it seems to get one of the best reactions each night. It was barely played at 1/3 of the shows in 2015 too, so it wasn't like it didn't get a break at some point either.

Heck, after the Minneapolis show in 2011, I can remember a group of teenage boys walking out of the stadium debating what song was the best of the night. One kid was adament that it was Elevation. He wasn't going off about how "only" three NLOTH songs were being played or anything like that.

Has there been any discussion on how much computer magic is going on with Bono's voice? He sounds phenomenal, best I've heard him in years. Almost....

too good

Yeah, not sure on this. I was noticing watching a few videos that there does seem to be more full backing vocals. Sounds like straight Bono on the actual versus and chorus, but seems there is a bit more backing "support" than i remember. Could just be the crappy video quality that's playing with my ears, but not sure.

Yeah, not sure on this. I was noticing watching a few videos that there does seem to be more full backing vocals. Sounds like straight Bono on the actual versus and chorus, but seems there is a bit more backing "support" than i remember. Could just be the crappy video quality that's playing with my ears, but not sure.

I could definitely see that. I noticed on SJ1 (not so much last night) that Edge's microphone seemed pretty loud. Could just be that fullness making it sound so good.

I don't think that i'm alone here in saying I would rather hear NO "classics". Give me the great, rarely or never played stuff. I just can't with the perennial warhorses any more.

I'd rather hear Elevation than WOWY or Beautiful Day, to name two classics I'm more sick of.

Me too. I was sick of WOWY after the JT tour. Everyone loves Beautiful Day but I've never been a fan of that song, especially live.

I just want Streets back. I've been to 16 shows and it's the one song where you look around at all the first-timers and see that "Holy fuck that was awesome" look on their faces. Yeah, see? See why this band is the best live band ever? There are others (Vertigo, Follow, Sunday), but Streets is the only U2 live must.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks so. :sexywink:

Has there been any discussion on how much computer magic is going on with Bono's voice? He sounds phenomenal, best I've heard him in years. Almost....

too good

It was really powerful both nights in San Jose. I didn’t notice anything fishy though. Sounded great on Acrobat.

Anyone else notice Love Is All We Have Left? I could be wrong but it looked/sounded like he was singing the non-vocoder portions live this time.

I definitely miss Streets and WOWY. They're warhorses for a reason. They're absolutely great, still.

I could live without Pride, although the crowd gets really into it, and you can tell the band loves playing it still.

One needs to go. No one is having fun with this one.

Anyone else notice Love Is All We Have Left? I could be wrong but it looked/sounded like he was singing the non-vocoder portions live this time.

I think he did. I listened to a recording of it on the first night, and was surprised (because I thought he was singing but it was the recording). But I just listened to last night's recording and it sounds live.

Watching RFD... there's a brief part in which Bono stops singing and you can hear the album vocals in the background.... awk.

You can see the entire "sun comes stealing" part in the second verse at 1:10 his mic is muted and the album vocals take over. I also noticed it during the "hey hey" parts.

Have they ever done this before?

A solid performance otherwise, hope it stays in the set. Seems to have gotten a good response.

I think he did. I listened to a recording of it on the first night, and was surprised (because I thought he was singing but it was the recording). But I just listened to last night's recording and it sounds live.

Yep, both San Jose ones were live, with him obviously harmonising with the vocoder part.

I don't think that i'm alone here in saying I would rather hear NO "classics". Give me the great, rarely or never played stuff. I just can't with the perennial warhorses any more.

Unfortunately, those comments are a dime a dozen on any band's message board. Guess I wouldn't hold my breath!

The fact that they're not playing Joshua Tree songs (yet) is pretty significant though. But of course, we're already over it a few shows in. ;)

Watching RFD... there's a brief part in which Bono stops singing and you can hear the album vocals in the background.... awk.

You can see the entire "sun comes stealing" part in the second verse at 1:10 his mic is muted and the album vocals take over. I also noticed it during the "hey hey" parts.

Have they ever done this before?

A solid performance otherwise, hope it stays in the set. Seems to have gotten a good response.

I guess it’s possible they’re beefing it up, but isn’t that Edge singing that we hear?

Unfortunately, those comments are a dime a dozen on any band's message board. Guess I wouldn't hold my breath!

The fact that they're not playing Joshua Tree songs (yet) is pretty significant though. But of course, we're already over it a few shows in. ;)

Oh i know. That's why i think my idea of them doing a tour of two night stops, first night ALL classics, second night, all more rare or lesser played material would be a huge success. Casuals would go to the first night, Some to both, Fans would go to both nights, super die hards may just go to the second.

Oh i know. That's why i think my idea of them doing a tour of two night stops, first night ALL classics, second night, all more rare or lesser played material would be a huge success. Casuals would go to the first night, Some to both, Fans would go to both nights, super die hards may just go to the second.

Let me fix one part...

Spoiled die hards will que for weeks for the first show, get rail, and then leave after the first song to start the line for night 2.

Back
Top Bottom