eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No question the way to go if you can't get/don't want GA.
I got Loge 20 for Boston 2 for $106.00 (similar to 110 at MSG), the section has an aisle down the middle of it, on one side of the aisle the tix are $325.00, on the other they are $106. So for as little as a 5 foot difference you pay $219.00 more. Crazy, you have to be smart about your seat selection.
I've got three seats just like that for this tour. In addition, I have an $82 seat that is like two feet off the floor in front of the e-stage... Won't see the screen well but it has the best view of that stage.

Yeah for 45 euro's I'm sitting front row @ the B stage, don't care I don't see the screen for 1 night when I'm that close.

I wonder when they're going to announce the 2nd Atlanta show? The first one appears to be sold out, with only resale available. The venue is very small (13,000 I think), so I'm sure they could fill another show with relative ease. It's now February, and May 29th isn't that far away! I think that could be it for the NA Tour, unless Toronto is squeezed between Atlanta and Montreal. Rumor is that Toronto shows will be announced, but the ACC's availability during the time they want it (early June) is in question until the NHL Playoff situation is finalized.

I remember a few years ago, the Rolling Stones had to reschedule some dates due to the venue suddenly being needed for playoff reasons. The arenas HAVE to give preference to their permanent tenants.

I got a nosebleed for Belfast and a VIP seat for Dublin 1. Struck out for Dublin 3 and 4

Have an extra GA to Dublin 2 I got in the presale that I'm hoping to trade for Dublin 3 or 4, or a Belfast GA.

These ticket sales vs how ticket sales are in the US should show U2 and their management that they have much higher demand in Europe.

Cant really see much room for anymore London or Manchester im sure Belfast gets a 2nd show & there is room for it as well.
Paris will be a great show they fcuking love it but there will be drops for all these shows im sure sure on that

Apparantly a new U2 page popped up on the Australian ticketmaster site?

Could be a sign that they're gearing up for an announcement next week.

Yeah they ought to know but it doesnt really translate to the tours.
There are more concert ready facilities in the US than in Europe, and they'll still sell most shows out... just slower.

I don't think anyone denies that Europe has a higher demand... but logistically there's likely more cash to be made in the States

There are more concert ready facilities in the US than in Europe, and they'll still sell most shows out... just slower.

I don't think anyone denies that Europe has a higher demand... but logistically there's likely more cash to be made in the States

After listening to this interview with Michael Rapino ,CEO of Livenation, I think I have a better idea why U2 are targeting the US market more than Europe.
Rapino says different venues will compete for the big acts and some will offer him better deals than others ,they will effectively pay Livenation money to attract the act.
Livenation also own certain venues.

In Europe they dont own as many venues and I'd imagine venue owners are going to charge them more for venue hire.
So the overheads in Europe would seem to be higher .
Its a sad fact that under Livenation U2 are simply going to go where they can get the most money for the least work.

Last edited:
After listening to this interview with Michael Rapino ,CEO of Livenation, I think I have a better idea why U2 are targeting the US market more than Europe.
Rapino says different venues will compete for the big acts and some will offer him better deals than others ,they will effectively pay Livenation money to attract the act.
Livenation also own certain venues.

In Europe they dont own as many venues and I'd imagine venue owners are going to charge them more for venue hire.
So the overheads in Europe would seem to be higher .
Its a sad fact that under Livenation U2 are simply going to go where they can get the most money for the least work.
What's sad about it?

Honestly?

Logistically this tour is very expensive. If the overheads are higher in Europe, and there are fewer arenas capable of holding the concert, why wouldn't they do it this way?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom