eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see Ticketmaster is sending some venues’ tickets through AXS. I’m gunning for Vegas- do I have to create a AXS account? How does that work with the TM verified fan thing?

I think you need to create an account with them separately. Which is probably easier to do before than after the sale, obviously. The TM code, I'm not sure about.

Was in for MSG as soon as they started sale and couldn't get any GAs on the app or browser. Boo. So much for that presale, but I've really never had GA luck once we stopped sending in the paper requests with a certified check for the presale.

I had the same issue. I picked out my GA's and clicked buy tickets. then it told me someone else took them. went through this several times. After about 15 minutes I went to the new Jersey show and scooped up 2 GA's in no time at all.

I see Ticketmaster is sending some venues’ tickets through AXS. I’m gunning for Vegas- do I have to create a AXS account? How does that work with the TM verified fan thing?

I created an account, but didn't see anywhere to enter credit card info so had to do that as I was buying. Increased the stress level for sure. :| The text link went to Ticketmaster, then went to AXS automatically. On the web, I used the link at U2.com and it went to AXS.

There is a ticket limit of 4 total no matter what.

There should be a separate allotment of GA set aside for tomorrow. (Say 500 GA today, 500 GA tomorrow, 200 for Citi presale and 800 for general sale or something like that).

But we won't know for sure till tomorrow.
And of course the city will factor in. NYC will be tough tomorrow for sure, but places like Nashville and St Louis should definitely have GA tomorrow.

Why would they reserve the same amount for Experience and Innocence groups, then there would only be an advantage for the former if you wanted good seats?

This may help other disappointed people. Having completed the verification process and been a long time subscriber I wrongly assumed that by doing so, and paying money to extend my subscription, that I would get a presale code as normal. Well as others have already said I got no emails or no presale code. It was confirmed over the phone that verifying your account and paying money didn't actually get you a code at all, just the chance to be allocated one. Very misleading to be fair, actually very dishonest. Hate saying it about a band I have loved for decades but I think this is crossing the line big time !!!!

Mods on Zootopia (the u2.com forums) have posted instructions for those who received the "NOT ELIGIBLE" email this morning....

DO NOT POST YOUR INFO HERE ON INTERFERENCE. PM the Mods through Zootopia. Not saying this is a remedy....Good luck...

So has it been confirmed that the fan presale codes are allocated on a lottery basis?
If so that is quite disgraceful.
The zootopia forums are offline due to the inundation of requests

Dumb question: if I missed out on the presale today, Can I use my experience code in tomorrow’s presale?

You can use it whenever you want. If the tickets aren't popping up that you want, you can wait 'til more drop tomorrow. Basically, if you're wondering whether there are specifically tickets that are for iNNOCENCE but not eXPERIENCE, no there are not.

My email for tomorrow says the presale for Atlanta starts at 1pm et and the site says is starts at 10am et. Wtf?

You can use it whenever you want. If the tickets aren't popping up that you want, you can wait 'til more drop tomorrow. Basically, if you're wondering whether there are specifically tickets that are for iNNOCENCE but not eXPERIENCE, no there are not.

Cool- this is what I wanted to know- thanks!

Any tips for getting my U2.com membership canceled and refunded? I just subscribed again the day before the album and tour were announced, and it doesn't look like I'm getting a code for the Innocence pre-sale tomorrow.

I've already read of a couple people getting this done, just wondering if there was a specific thing I had to say to them, or if I needed to ask to speak with a supervisor.

For those of us in Europe, I've renewed my membership today, but it says the time to register to be eligible for pre-sale has passed. Is that right given the ROW dates haven't been announced yet? Or is it just for the US dates?

While watching the presale stuff unfold last night it was pretty depressing to see tickets appearing on third party sites within minutes. I'm still a bit surprised and disappointed that a band like U2 who have genuine influence and power in the industry aren't doing more to force change with this stuff.

This is all very misleading. I went back and reread the fine print on the account page of U2.com.

It states "U2 cares about their fans and they are committed to making every effort possible towards getting tickets into the hands of fans only. Not scalpers or bots. So they're using Ticketmaster’s #VerifiedFan platform to make sure all Subscribers wanting to participate in the presale are real fans like you and not bots or scalpers."

So everyone went online and completed all of the steps. If you are a fan you should be verified by the system. If you are a scalper, no go. If you hold multiple accounts I suspect you would not be verified.

So there is no reason why a true fan would not be verified by TM's "verified fan" system.

NO WHERE does it state that it would by lottery and some "verified" fans would not be getting a code.

It states "Verified Subscribers will receive a text by 5am PT the morning of the presale start. Your text will include a link to purchase along with your unique presale access code to unlock access to tickets before the presale begins.".

Last time I checked "will" is a legal term that means "going to" or "sure to".

So if you are a true fan, have not violated the terms and conditions of the fan club TM should class you as verified and everyone SHOULD receive a code based on the language on the subscriber account page.

They use the word "eligible" as in eligible to receive a code. But many read that as "will receive code" if verification is completed. It seems like a purposely vague term to avoid telling people they may not get one due to some computerized selection process.

This is all very misleading. I went back and reread the fine print on the account page of U2.com.

It states "U2 cares about their fans and they are committed to making every effort possible towards getting tickets into the hands of fans only. Not scalpers or bots. So they're using Ticketmaster’s #VerifiedFan platform to make sure all Subscribers wanting to participate in the presale are real fans like you and not bots or scalpers."

So everyone went online and completed all of the steps. If you are a fan you should be verified by the system. If you are a scalper, no go. If you hold multiple accounts I suspect you would not be verified.

So there is no reason why a true fan would not be verified by TM's "verified fan" system.

NO WHERE does it state that it would by lottery and some "verified" fans would not be getting a code.

It states "Verified Subscribers will receive a text by 5am PT the morning of the presale start. Your text will include a link to purchase along with your unique presale access code to unlock access to tickets before the presale begins.".

Last time I checked "will" is a legal term that means "going to" or "sure to".

So if you are a true fan, have not violated the terms and conditions of the fan club TM should class you as verified and everyone SHOULD receive a code based on the language on the subscriber account page.

I would be curious to know how it was worded at certain places. Speaking from prior experience in the Verified Fan deal the two times I took part in it, it was explicitly mentioned on one that there was no guarantee I would get a code at all. Another one stated I'd have to register by a certain time to get a code after pre-ordering an album.

Here's the language I got in one e-mail...

Please Note:
Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.

What's Next?
If verified and selected to receive an offer code, you’ll receive a text on XXXX prior to the presale at 10AM ET. Your text will include your unique offer code and link to purchase your tickets. Keep your phone handy – notifications may arrive 2-4 hours before the presale.

Details for your #VerifiedFan Presale
Registration must be completed before XXX at 10AM ET. Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.

And another...

As a reminder, if you PreOrdered a copy of XXX through our webstore, you MUST sign up through Verified Fan to be included in the Ticketing presale for Group A.

After you have signed up through Verified Fan, refresh your page to see your new Group A location. Codes will be sent out to Group A members on Sunday, XXX.

I would be curious to know how it was worded at certain places. Speaking from prior experience in the Verified Fan deal the two times I took part in it, it was explicitly mentioned on one that there was no guarantee I would get a code at all. Another one stated I'd have to register by a certain time to get a code after pre-ordering an album.

Here's the language I got in one e-mail...

Please Note:
Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.

What's Next?
If verified and selected to receive an offer code, you’ll receive a text on XXXX prior to the presale at 10AM ET. Your text will include your unique offer code and link to purchase your tickets. Keep your phone handy – notifications may arrive 2-4 hours before the presale.

Details for your #VerifiedFan Presale
Registration must be completed before XXX at 10AM ET. Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.

And another...

As a reminder, if you PreOrdered a copy of XXX through our webstore, you MUST sign up through Verified Fan to be included in the Ticketing presale for Group A.

After you have signed up through Verified Fan, refresh your page to see your new Group A location. Codes will be sent out to Group A members on Sunday, XXX.

This is the objection I have to the whole thing - I don't recall anything stating "If verified and selected to receive" instead what I recall seeing was nuanced fine print open for some interpretation and nothing that simply declared the new system as a lottery.

I would have adjusted my expectation if anything had said "If verified and selected to receive". I thought I'd be over it by this morning but I just can't get past the fact long time paid subscribers didn't get a code because of some algorithmic lottery. It's bad form and at least a tad disloyal.

When you signed up to be verified for the general sale, it was clear you may not be selected to participate. That is absolutely not the case with the U2.com presale.
I almost get the feeling that the folks at U2.com didn't know how Ticketmaster would handle the presale and were caught off guard by people getting denied codes.

This is the objection I have to the whole thing - I don't recall anything stating "If verified and selected to receive" instead what I recall seeing was nuanced fine print open for some interpretation and nothing that simply declared the new system as a lottery.

I would have adjusted my expectation if anything had said "If verified and selected to receive". I thought I'd be over it by this morning but I just can't get past the fact long time paid subscribers didn't get a code because of some algorithmic lottery. It's bad form and at least a tad disloyal.

When you signed up to be verified for the general sale, it was clear you may not be selected to participate. That is absolutely not the case with the U2.com presale.
I almost get the feeling that the folks at U2.com didn't know how Ticketmaster would handle the presale and were caught off guard by people getting denied codes.

Right.,, and I get that. Honestly, I was just going off prior experiences instead of reading the fine print. So if I didn't get a code yesterday, I would have been "meh" about it and waited for a later sale. I was just aiming for a single GA too, so I had no expectations for certain seats, etc.

This whole thing was confusing anyway with the TM and Subscription-based Verified Fan deals anyway. I didn't buy a subscription since my account came up as "verified" after linking my TM account to it. That despite instructions saying otherwise on U2.com.

fair point "U2.com didn't know how Ticketmaster would handle the pre-sale" but how do you sit in meeting after meeting and not notice the inconsistency in language from one scenario to another? how do you not plan for the most predictable trouble?

the supervisor I spoke with at U2.com said they were 'given a list of who were to receive codes' and he was checking the list and saw that I was 'not selected to receive a code'. he further said the list came from 'Verified Fan', aka Ticketmaster. and of course, he (U2.com) was 'not authorized to give out codes'.

maybe it wasn't meant to be a lottery but in the end the person who activated the algorithmic lottery didn't remember that fan club paid subscribers were to be exempt from any such lottery? or something.

"U2.com didn't know how Ticketmaster would handle the pre-sale"

Just as an FYI: Ticketmaster is a division of Live Nation. U2.com is operated by Live Nation. U2 essentially sold themselves into indentured servitude to Live Nation many years ago.

Stay strong, and don't let any of these entities point fingers at each other. They're all different heads of the same Hydra.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom