Ever get the feeling that nobody cares about you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wenda

New Yorker
This could be just a culmination of lots of things or some specific things but today I'm on a major downer.

It's like nobody can ever do anything for me. I go out of my way to help people. I bring lunch to them at work if I make too much or include people in plans I make but does anyone think to invite me? Or do anything for me?

It's not like I do it to get anything back. I like to give things to my friends and don't ask for anything in return but would some consideration toward me be too much to ask?

:sad:

Last edited:
I've found that being generous is a wonderful feeling, but giving too much and all the time without doing something for yourself on a regular basis will stretch you thin and make you feel as if nobody cares about you.

clarityat3am said:
I've found that being generous is a wonderful feeling, but giving too much and all the time without doing something for yourself on a regular basis will stretch you thin and make you feel as if nobody cares about you.

The thing is I do stuff for myself. I'm good to myself as well, but apparently I'm the only one who likes me. I guess the saying is true...you have to look out for number one.

wenda said:
This could be just a culmination of lots of things or some specific things but today I'm on a major downer.

It's like nobody can ever do anything for me. I go out of my way to help people. I bring lunch to them at work if I make too much or include people in plans I make but does anyone think to invite me? Or do anything for me?

It's not like I do it to get anything back. I like to give things to my friends and don't ask for anything in return but would some consideration toward me be too much to ask?

:sad:

It won't make any difference at all is you "ask" us online, and not these people you speak of.

Of course people aren't going to care about you, why should they?

It's not like I do it to get anything back

That's not true.

I know what you mean, though. But it's still not true, otherwise you wouldn't be writing this. Hey, but I'm not putting you down, I'm happy when people start figuring out that they need to stand up for themselves and start showing pride and carrying themselves with respect.

=

Like clarity said..... you have to find people who understand and respect where you are coming word and reciprocate what it is you give out, at least in some way. I'm not saying change who you are, no. I'm just saying you should get better at who you are. There is nothing wrong with being generous, but it's always good to know when, and how...

Otherwise, you can live the life of a martyr. But unless you're pulling miracles, people (around you) won't support that kind of lifestyle. (they will usually exploit it)

=

However, it sounds like you just might be having a down day, so in all reality, you'll find your own way. Remember "it's just a moment"....

Last edited:
Re: Re: Ever get the feeling that nobody cares about you?

For Honor said:
It won't make any difference at all is you "ask" us online, and not these people you speak of.

Of course people aren't going to care about you, why should they?

Do you mean doing things for people I know online? Cuz I don't. I'm talking about my friends that I see here where I live and talk to and interact with on a daily basis.

That's not true.

I know what you mean, though. But it's still not true, otherwise you wouldn't be writing this. Hey, but I'm not putting you down, I'm happy when people start figuring out that they need to stand up for themselves and start showing pride and carrying themselves with respect.

Well, that's half true. I mean, it's not like I do things and think 'well, i'm doing this for her so she better remember that next time I need something'. I guess I'm just sick of being a doormat and need to stop. I think all the time that I'm going to stop doing things and next time such and such won't happen because I'm not doing it and then I end up doing it.

However, it sounds like you just might be having a down day, so in all reality, you'll find your own way. Remember "it's just a moment"....

This is also true. I think that may be it.

I get the feeling that nobody cares about me quite alot, but then I'm told that's because I'm a teenager and teenagers are all arrogant and think the world is against them 24/7 (< which it seems to be)

Woah, I'm in a bad mood today.

Re: Re: Re: Ever get the feeling that nobody cares about you?

wenda said:

Do you mean doing things for people I know online? Cuz I don't. I'm talking about my friends that I see here where I live and talk to and interact with on a daily basis.

What I said was in response to:

I like to give things to my friends and don't ask for anything in return but would some consideration toward me be too much to ask?

I meant, you should tell these people how you feel. Kinda like, 'don't expect, suggest'.

I hope you can make tomorrow a better day for you. I don't like it when people are used as doormats, so best of luck to y'all

I know how you feel, sometimes

As long as you don't let yourself be a doormat for people, just focus on not letting it make you bitter. It's good to be the kind of person who does for others. But realistically you don't always get it returned. I agree w/ clarity though, being selective you can and will find people who appreciate you.

I can relate to you wenda. I often feel nobody likes me or appreciates the things I do. I don't know what your faith is, but I'm a Christian and I have to keep reminding myself that God knows what I do and he appreciates it. It's an easy mindset to get stuck in. Like MrsSpringsteen, said, "Don't be a doormat." You will eventually find people who appreciate what you do.

I also think you should tell the people. Ask them for something in return. If you don´t ask them, you can hardly blame them for not finding out what you want. When you ask them, some will do a favor/ help you, others won´t. Then you can decide who you´re gonna make happy next time.

I feel underappreciated sometimes too. My friends never call me. I call them, and call them, and call them, but only one of them ever calls me on a regular basis.

That ticks me off. :mad:

I can relate to you Wenda in more ways than one. I had so many relations and i often felt people just using and abusing me and my kindness. I can tell you..i put freindship really high and i am idealistic about it. When i love my freinds i would do anything for them. But it is just healthy to get something in return. You cant just give and give.For me, friendship is deep love also and when your friends love you they will do the same for you. But, people are selfish and there are not many true friends. So be careful with expect, suggest thing. I know i am. Nothing can suprise me any more. I just had similar situation the other day with one of my closest friend and felt very much angry and dissaponted. But, i wrote her text message and told her that i wont stand her selfish behavior and always wait for her (she is always vey much late).
My point is: they will grab your kindness endessly if you let them. Believe me i have been there. I know what i can give and i expect some respect and appreciation. I suggest you that kind of attitude i suppose.

^ Yeah.........

=

if you let "getting used" become out of control in your life.... you will live very unhappily. The longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Someone close to me has been this kind of person, and seeing it ruin their life over the last 4 years or so has left some memories that I won't soon forget

But it's not even like they're using me. They don't ask for anything, but I'm always thinking of them when I do things. If my friend complains that she's been having the same thing for lunch for a week, I'll make something or bring leftovers from the previous nights dinner for her. I don't do it often enough for them to expect it, but I have done it.

It's things like that. Maybe I'm just stressing out...

I was thinking of someone else when I tried to do something today, and I made a careless mistake (that affected me) as a result. They also didn't even care that I did what I did for them and now it has turned into this whole other situation. So I know how you feel today especially wenda

i think bono summed it up in the fly :

a friend is someone who lets you help

Sorry I read this thread late but I can empathise with you completely. I once had, quite recently, a really bad month. No one rang me, or wanted to meet up or just give me the time of day. I still don't know why and it upsets even now. During that month I did something I regret but I'm not sure if I would be able to stop myself doing it again if I was in a similar situation.
Please don't do anything stupid.

Yes, strange things ..these relationships with people....i think it is endless subject. I just wanted to say... true frendship and good heart is hard to find:) Friendship is precious and i am putting it on the piedestal

Back
Top Bottom